Author Topic: Help with another new purchase - Tad Moore Pro 7 Prototype  (Read 1459 times)

aarvan66

Help with another new purchase - Tad Moore Pro 7 Prototype
« on: October 24, 2015, 02:10:03 PM »
Hello All,

I loved my Long Neck but am more of a mallet guy so I picked this up today.

I can't seem to find any information about the Pro 7 model.

This one has 3 weights (Brass? Tungsten?) and "Prototype" hand stamped on the sole, and the stamp seems to be under the clear coat so I think it's authentic. It also has what seems to be a composite shaft with a slight bend near the head...unusual.

Any information would be greatly appreciated...can't wait to get her out to the course!

aarvan66

Re: Help with another new purchase - Tad Moore Pro 7 Prototype
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 03:10:53 PM »
Does anyone have any additional info? I'm taking this out to the course this weekend...Carpet rolls are fantastic!

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:06:48 PM »
This is pretty accurate information from a similar stick on ebay...

"Tad Moore 1st Production 1997 TAD  Hi-Brid Putter New

New collectible Tad Moore Golf  1st Production Run 1997 TAD HI-BRID putter. Green, alignment line, MaxFli Tad Moore steel shaft, Tad Moore putter grip.

34" long. Slight paint flaws. See photos.

This putter head was produced by Tad Moore Golf, La Grange, GA. It is a solid one piece milled face aluminum head with large brass weight in the sole for heel to toe weighting made solely for the Japanese market and distributed for TAD in Japan by Sumitomo Rubber (Dunlop-Srixon Japan). These were milled by Bob Bettinardi's shop for TAD in Tinley Park, IL. The US version has Tad Moore on the putter, while the Japan version has just TAD.

Tad Moore Golf is no longer in business as Tad went back to work for Maxfli, so there are a limited number of Tad Moore Golf Putters available and this is from a 1st Production run.

This is a good-looking, great feeling putter. Putt in style! This is both playable and collectible."

In fact, Tad left Maxfli many years ago, so this otherwise accurate information is a bit dated... here is the link to the ebay auction. Hope it helps!

eBay auction: #191437737877

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Tad

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
I always felt this was a great design.  If you are an 8802 or a TM2 kind of person it sorta fits both.  It was made for the Japan golf trade but was also sold here.  3-4 models  A ladies model with copper face.  Te rarest one is the Model 77 that was a casting.  Very rare.  The putter had a clear site line piece on top made by the people that made emblems for Cadillac.  All in all an underrated design made by my company Tad Moore Golf.

aarvan66

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 10:43:21 PM »
Thank you very much Mr. Moore! Do you think the "PROTOTYPE" stamp is authentic or added after the fact? Either way, I think it's going in my bag. VERY nice feel...don't know if it's the low center of gravity or the heavy head combined with the graphite shaft but this thing feels like butter!

Tad

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »
Sorry I cannot be sure on proto and its easy to clear coat.  I don't remember a Proto.  Several versions were made of this concept.  I do think it has merit.  Tad