Author Topic: DH-89 Mixed Metal Near Completion  (Read 1773 times)

timastyle

DH-89 Mixed Metal Near Completion
« on: July 10, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »
Just got the pics of my Byron near completion. It's a carbon DH-89 with a stainless steel long pipe. Fly mill face mill, hand ground heel, and Tai treatment. Simple stampings to show its all business and some play. Left the paintfill up to Byron on this one.
Byron Morgan:
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 Brushed Stainless with Plow neck (formerly a short pipe high polish blue oil as in my avatar)

Xenon:
Handmade Xenon Damascus Stainless (gamer)

Nead:
On order Albz

gottaputt

Re: DH-89 Mixed Metal Near Completion
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 09:32:21 PM »
Sweet!!

TrueRoll140

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »
Love it. The heel looks awesome.

Fly cut is my favorite hand mill Byron offers.

timastyle

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm sure there will be pics in better lighting soon. When I asked Byron about a hand ground heel, he didn't recall a DH-89 he'd ever done it on so it made it that much more enticing.

When I went to the shop,i originally went to the shop, I placed an order for a 612 with long pipe (same configuration) but shortly after leaving, I had a change of heart. Glad I did cause it turned out great, but now I'm still wanting the 612...
Byron Morgan:
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 Brushed Stainless with Plow neck (formerly a short pipe high polish blue oil as in my avatar)

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

Golow420

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 03:24:32 PM »
Awesome putter as usual!
-Jed

timastyle

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 04:08:30 PM »
Thanks Jed!
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

CarlSpackler

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 05:08:15 PM »
Looks great...can't wait for the paint fill
TP Mills / Odyssey Proto
Lajosi Damascus Bayzie HSM
Lajosi DD201 X
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

-Justin

Pure745

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 10:00:36 AM »
Looks great, that heel work looks really cool on an 89.  The face milling is outrageous!  Can't wait to see this one all finished up.

timastyle

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 11:01:19 AM »
Thanks guys! I let Byron decide the paintfill but have a feeling he'll be going with gold (to match the color at the weld).

Tai - Your damascus 007 with the shaved heel gave me the idea to it to this one. Wasn't sure how he had done yours so when he and I talked about it, that's when I texted him and asked to switch from the 612 to the DH-89 with the heel shaved. With so many DH-89s being done these days, it's tough to do something to make it unique and this helps. Loving the look and don't expect this to be the last one made.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:04:30 AM by timastyle »
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

Pure745

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 07:14:18 PM »
Thanks guys! I let Byron decide the paintfill but have a feeling he'll be going with gold (to match the color at the weld).

Tai - Your damascus 007 with the shaved heel gave me the idea to it to this one. Wasn't sure how he had done yours so when he and I talked about it, that's when I texted him and asked to switch from the 612 to the DH-89 with the heel shaved. With so many DH-89s being done these days, it's tough to do something to make it unique and this helps. Loving the look and don't expect this to be the last one made.

Yeah, interested to see how the sharp angle flows with the rest of the 89 shape when it's fully done.  There's a fine line between being unique, and "too" unique  :)  You did a great job on this one!

timastyle

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 09:50:26 PM »
I completely agree. This is a unique change that helps differentiate the putter yet I kept it simple and classy (at least that's how I see it with the minimal stamping and mixed metal work).

Have a Xenon in the works that'll have a lot going on with it. Won't be for everyone but still think it'll be a great one.
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

timastyle

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 09:53:54 PM »
Got a couple more pictures today.  8)

Love the first one that shows the difference between a standard DH-89 and the shaved heel.
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

txsportsman

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 09:50:22 AM »
That work really changes the look of that DH-89... man I really like that style. I would for sure put that in play

timastyle

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 05:57:15 PM »
Thanks!  I'm really digging it with the shaved heel.  Think it really sets it off.  I will be picking it up either tomorrow or Saturday.  Will let you know how she rolls soon. :)
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

txsportsman

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
Cool! Byron gave me an update, but while your there let me know if you see a DH-89 copper mini with a twisty neck laying around. Byron is refurbing one for me and I can't wait to get it back!

timastyle

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »
You got it! I'll snap some pics if i see it there!
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

timastyle

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 04:33:33 PM »
Got some in hand pics.  This putter feels great!  I'm really enjoying the blue oil finish on carbon.  The mill marks in the cavity as well as the face mill is outstanding as well.

txsportsman - sorry but I didn't see your mini there. :(
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

TrueRoll140

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »
I love the face milling. Awesome design by the owner, awesome execution by Byron.

txsportsman

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 04:48:16 PM »
Beauty and congratulations! Thanks for checking for me also  ;)

timastyle

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 04:57:31 PM »
Thanks guys!  Now on deciding whether or not to let this putter patina or try and keep it clean...  :)
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

benbarren

• benbarren
    • BB Tumblr.
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 08:12:59 PM »
best 89 i've seen in ages, the overall impression is perfection. the milling wow, the long pipe the gold stamp, wowza congrats!
Just Another Aussie Lefty on Mornington Peninsula The Nash
Byron: GSS DH89x Triple Polish Rincon 89x
Bombora Rockpile Twisted Rincon BlackOx "The Nash"
Betts: BB2 SS Copper Insert
Lajosi: KLP4SS "NashMoonah"
Machine: M10 torched ISS Damascus Medallion "TheNash"
TP Mills: Softtail SS Oil Can Ostrich

timastyle

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 08:40:11 PM »
Much appreciated! Thus was almost a 612 but glad I went this route. Plus it gives me another reason to order a Byron. :)
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

excalibur

• Section Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »
Love the neck and softening on this 89. Beautiful

bogie

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 09:02:26 PM »
Wow, that came out super nice! Looks fantastic. You will like the 612 too. I seem to be putting better with the 612 than with my DH-89.
Corporate Golf is Golf without a soul.

Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan 612
Byron Morgan 615
Slighter Ninja XM-19 Putter #1