Author Topic: Tad Moore Pro 1 TS "Garage Find"  (Read 5289 times)

wrbush31

Tad Moore Pro 1 TS "Garage Find"
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
I wanted to wait until the article went up, but I thought you putter fiends may appreciate this.  Getting the chance to talk to Chip Usher and Tad himself about this putter was an absolute pleasure and I couldn't be more appreciative of their time.

Anyway, here's the link.  Pretty neat little putter Tad did a few years ago.

http://pluggedingolf.com/a-classic-tad-moore-putter-garage-find/

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: Tad Moore Pro 1 TS "Garage Find"
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »
Thanks for sharing that article... it is a great read and gives me goose bumps to think of the great Tad Pro1 collection that I am proud to have.

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

wrbush31

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:49:47 AM »
Jimbo, do you have one of these yet?  If not, you need to get one.  This thing, to be somewhat of "that guy," has changed a lot of my perspective on putters.  Not in a revolutionary kind of way, but more of keeping me grounded way.

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »
Jimbo, do you have one of these yet?  If not, you need to get one.  This thing, to be somewhat of "that guy," has changed a lot of my perspective on putters.  Not in a revolutionary kind of way, but more of keeping me grounded way.

... negotiations finished... soon. Very soon...

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

wrbush31

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 09:16:38 PM »
Good! I'm sure Chip was pumped to hear someone other than me was excited!

Maverickping

• Section Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 09:04:40 AM »
Nice article!

TMAC

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 01:32:04 PM »
Just picked up one of these from Chip Usher.  Went to his shop in Savannah the other day and rolled one and was seriously impressed.  Had to have one, and for the price it was a no-brainer.  One of the best bargains out there on a quality milled putter.
They are a little light by todays standards (330-335g) but Chip put some powder down the shaft and corked it.  Feels terrific!

Chipaputt

• Black Lab Golf
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 08:20:30 AM »
Gallery of 4 Garage Find Oil Cans. I did add some stamps to some.

Also, don't forgot to take a look a Tad's new stuff at:
http://www.straightdown.com/putters/?sort=bestselling
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:25:09 AM by Chipaputt »
Chip Usher
Black Lab Putters
Miura Golf Putters
Ushergolf@gmail.com
www.BlackLabGolf.com
Miura-Fujikura-Nippon

rclarke1

• trying to get back on course......
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 05:43:50 PM »
Liking the new line TM55
RC
Xenon X, Element, SRC blade
Mann MA66, Super Sport
Byron GSS DH89, GSS 615 DW, Carbon 612, B17
Carbon Ming, GSS Trad XL, 303 SS Flat T
RJB7784, RJB8143

rclarke1

• trying to get back on course......
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 06:02:20 PM »
Picked up a Pro1p today from Chip.
Hope to have it in a week or so.
Also elected the extra 10 g!
RC
Xenon X, Element, SRC blade
Mann MA66, Super Sport
Byron GSS DH89, GSS 615 DW, Carbon 612, B17
Carbon Ming, GSS Trad XL, 303 SS Flat T
RJB7784, RJB8143

TMAC

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »
Picked up another Pro1 TS from Chip yesterday.  This one in an oil can finish.
This one's a bit unique.  It still has some milling/chatter on the flange in the cavity area as if they forgot to complete a step while smoothing it.  Looks great and it weighed in a little heavier than the others.  After Chip put some lead down the shaft it came in right around 345g.
LOVE these putters and they feel terrific.  IMHO, it's one of the best deals going today on a new, quality, milled putter.

I threw a white, perforated leather, paddle GripMaster on my Black Ox TS.  I'm going to grab an orange one for the oil can TS. 8)

wrbush31

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 10:08:46 PM »
This one's a bit unique.  It still has some milling/chatter on the flange in the cavity area as if they forgot to complete a step while smoothing it.  Looks great and it weighed in a little heavier than the others.  After Chip put some lead down the shaft it came in right around 345g.
LOVE these putters and they feel terrific.  IMHO, it's one of the best deals going today on a new, quality, milled putter.

I threw a white, perforated leather, paddle GripMaster on my Black Ox TS.  I'm going to grab an orange one for the oil can TS. 8)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chip has to be getting low on these! Glad to see people are loving them.

TMAC

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 11:32:07 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chip has to be getting low on these! Glad to see people are loving them.

Hello Mr. Bush!  I signed up at your website.  Love the articles. :)

Yes, Chip seems to be selling these at a good pace.  When I went in to pick up my oil can TS he said they were moving pretty well.  I've seen several sell on eBay too.  He showed me a stash of several that weren't finished yet so he still has a nice collection of these to put together.  The oil can and black ox finishes are terrific and Chip does a nice job of painting them up and putting them together.  Adding some powder in the shaft to get the weight up on them is nice too.  Both of my Pro1 TS's feel terrific.  I think the black ox TS is 340 or 342g and the oil can is 345g.  The Pro1 P, Pro1 LN and the Pro1 S are nice too.  I may go back for a LN at some point.
Quality milled putters at what I consider an absolute bargain price point.  Plus Chip is a pleasure to work with.  Great guy............and also a Miura fitter/dealer, which is a nice bonus.  Gives you something else to drool over and talk about while you're in his shop looking at putters. ;)
Can't go wrong buying these  IMHO. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:34:09 PM by TMAC »

wrbush31

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »

Hello Mr. Bush!  I signed up at your website.  Love the articles. :)

I have no idea what you're talking about!  ;D

Yes, Chip seems to be selling these at a good pace.  When I went in to pick up my oil can TS he said they were moving pretty well.  I've seen several sell on eBay too.  He showed me a stash of several that weren't finished yet so he still has a nice collection of these to put together.  The oil can and black ox finishes are terrific and Chip does a nice job of painting them up and putting them together.  Adding some powder in the shaft to get the weight up on them is nice too.  Both of my Pro1 TS's feel terrific.  I think the black ox TS is 340 or 342g and the oil can is 345g.  The Pro1 P, Pro1 LN and the Pro1 S are nice too.  I may go back for a LN at some point.
Quality milled putters at what I consider an absolute bargain price point.  Plus Chip is a pleasure to work with.  Great guy............and also a Miura fitter/dealer, which is a nice bonus.  Gives you something else to drool over and talk about while you're in his shop looking at putters. ;)
Can't go wrong buying these  IMHO. :)

So many things in this statement are true.  Chip's great and I can't tell you how hard of a time I gave him for the price point on these putters.  I truly believe these will be considered one of the bargains of the decade.

Texsport

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 08:41:26 PM »
Picked up an oil can TS and really like it.

It has at least a full offset and sits dead square when soled.

A beauty!

Texsport
MannKrafted*6266C #2/5:Camelback Proto #1/OneEyeJack #1/BrassBigBoy
Nead*Mini/G-Weld/SaPo9 Custom
Gold's Factory*JPGA Custom
Cameron*Nick Faldo Proto
TM Rossa*Lambeau JGoosen Proto
B Grace*Daly Proto/V J Proto
Tad Moore*JHaas Proto/Woosie
Swanson*DDuval Proto
Edel*DiVincenzo Proto#7/9