Author Topic: This came in the mail ! Copper plated AS10  (Read 3618 times)

dro

This came in the mail ! Copper plated AS10
« on: February 15, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »
When I learned about Gene's craftmanship a few months ago, I immediately submitted a request for quotation through his website.  Sadly though I learned a few days after through PT that he was no longer taking orders.  Long story short, I got in contact with Gene a few weeks ago and we got talking.  Truly truly a very great and genuine person from what I can deduct from our conversations.  He mentioned he has some pieces left on his stock and if I'd be interested in one.  Of course I would be!

Fast forward to today, I finally got this in the mail.  Felt so excited unboxing this piece.  Here she is, a copper plated AS10 with a welded neck.  Love everything about it, the weld, the curves and the tan headcover and stitchback grip complement the copper plate perfectly! I'll get if shafted as soon as possible (tomorrow) and will report on its perfomance (we know how well they putt :) ). 

Gene, if you're reading this, just wanted you to know that I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my mails between your busy schedule.  Hope there will be more chances to snap up your creations.
Xenon Damascus Tribute, Model X, CuNi Manta, Brass Mini Manta, Brass Small Block Mallet, Copper Hex P/N, Mixed metal Manta
TP Mills Softtail CS - Tradition Prof-Series
G.Nead AS10
Byron Morgan Mini DH89
John Byron 9
Miura KM-350
Kari Lajosi KLP7
Daito Copper
Lowtide Fin
Maruman Conductor Type03

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
Re: This came in the mail ! Copper plated AS10
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 10:49:54 AM »
Congrats !

Jimmy

jdubbs

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »
Very nice......

You have a winner there. I have 3 putters from him each are amazing!!

I can only hope that that will still make putters in a limited basis, as I would love to add to my collection.

Maverickping

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »
Very nice!

Golow420

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 01:52:54 PM »
Wish I could get my hands on a Nead. Nice!
-Jed

rkochies4580

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
Hansen, great acquisition...
XENONS
Brass XRay
Lil' Brass Mini
Mannkrafted :
Brass Mini Big Toe
Brassie
Brass High Toe Mallet
Copper Mini

dro

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 09:08:49 AM »
Thanks, guys.  Yes, I do feel fortunate that after an early letdown, I had the opportunity to purchase a Nead from the man himself.  I was not expecting much at all.

I have installed a shaft, went with a stepless stainless steel shaft to keep it looking classy.  Rolled a few putts on the carpet.  My initial impression is it has a soft feel while not overly soft.  I assume this is due to the face milling, kinda absorbs the vibration.  Off center hits are well forgiven although it lets out a sound telling its handler that his stroke is off.  Hit it on its sweet spot, though, you are rewarded with a beautiful roll right off the face, accompanied with the aforementioned softness.  The wall thickness behind the face also contributes to the feel.

Headshape is super easy on the eyes at address, and at 348 grams this one gives a steady balance during backstroke and follow through. 

I can't wait to game this one, although it looks so pretty I thought about hanging it on the wall of fame lol
Xenon Damascus Tribute, Model X, CuNi Manta, Brass Mini Manta, Brass Small Block Mallet, Copper Hex P/N, Mixed metal Manta
G.Nead AS10
Byron Morgan Mini DH89
John Byron 9
Miura KM-350
Kari Lajosi KLP7
Daito Copper
Lowtide Fin
Maruman Conductor Type03

Maverickping

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 09:28:38 AM »
I can appreciate the thought of having it in the hall of fame, I've had the same thought with mine. Without doubt they are show ponies but letting them out to do what they do best is where the real reward is.

dro

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 09:39:52 AM »
Indeed. It will get a taste of Indonesia's greens Saturday morning :)

I wonder how many Neads have been gamed on this part of the world.
G.Nead AS10
Byron Morgan Mini DH89
John Byron 9
Miura KM-350
Kari Lajosi KLP7
Daito Copper
Lowtide Fin
Maruman Conductor Type03

Cherry Ghost

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:35 PM »
Hmm, he must like you more than me. I contacted him months ago with a similar request all he said was "I have a few heads left. Keep your eye out for when I post them."

I'm very jealous!

Maverickping

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 08:06:58 PM »
This is one of my favorites.

Schwinn740

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 12:29:19 AM »
Have any interest in getting rid of that AS10 that is mentioned in this post? Trade perhaps or some cash?