Author Topic: MY SPACE ODYSSEY  (Read 1594 times)

LionGolfer

MY SPACE ODYSSEY
« on: January 10, 2015, 06:27:25 AM »
BPutters came onto PT not too long ago.  As I’m always game to try new things in golf and always more willing to champion new and currently obscure brands, I had to take a look.    Of the current offerings, BPutters Space model immediately caught my eye and interest.

I got in touch with Antonio who by the way is one of the most professional, friendliest, sincere and easiest putter guys to work with, and my Space Odyssey was soon underway.  The journey is well documented here with Antonio proactively providing updates :

http://puttertalk.com/community/index.php?topic=41927.0

The journey took about 2 months or so and after a family holiday, I returned home to find a white box waiting for me.  I sliced off the tape to find MY SPACE nestled safely in heavy sponge padding.  The quality of the packing was an indication of the professionalism and pride BPutters have in their work and putters.

Taking My Space out, I had a tingle go down my spine… an excitement came over me real quick.  What was immediately apparent was the quality of the finish.  Definitely no shoddy work here and what was on My Space was agreed and intended.  Again with the quality of the finish, you can immediately sense the level of care, attention and pride that BPutters put into their work.

The dual finish, which I opted for, was perfect.  A non-glare finish for all that meets the eye and for some contrast, a polished mirror finish on the sole.  All edges are nicely beveled reminiscent of the beveling that takes place in high-end horological pieces.  No unevenness.  Everything well measured and astutely executed.  The attention to detail is the highest I think I have observed with the many makers I have commissioned projects with.

On the sole appears the BPutters logo as I wanted to keep it rather simple at address.  All you see at address is the dotted sightline filled in a darker shade of grey to the SPACE logo in the cavity.  No clutter, focused, confidence inspiring!

What I love most about My Space is the face mill.  There is a base layer of face milling across the entire face and then for the putting area, there is the Thunder Groove face mill.  When I started talking to Antonio, he had only just come up with this face mill pattern and had not applied it to any other putter yet.  I wanted to be the first and I’m glad I did.  It looks radical and fantastic to me!  If there is one thing I could change, it would be to opt for a deep face mill as opposed to the mid mill I requested.  I think a deep face mill will have given a slightly softer feel.

Before I forget, I must say the covers are also one of the best that I have.  In leather, it’s extremely well made and provides fantastic padding and protection.  The quality here is only consistent with the quality of their putters!

I ordered My Space without a grip as I wanted to put my usual SuperStroke 1.0 and immediately went off to the fitters the next day to get this done.  I’ve since only had 1 round with My Space and several sessions on the home mat.

Feel wise, it is definitely on the firm side as you would expect with a Stainless Steel putter so if you want softer, go with carbon steel.  It has a higher pitch click to my other putters as well.  Roll wise, it seems the ball comes off the face faster than some of my other putters.  I like that.  Putts seem to roll true and hold the line.

As I mentioned above, I’ve only had one round with her as I do rotate all my putters so it takes me awhile to get back to each but on that round, My Space sure garnered a lot of attention and interest and more importantly, I made quite a few clutch putts to keep my team in the game.  Perhaps it’s due to the Thunder Groove face mill ☺

I’m very happy with My Space and glad I gave BPutters a chance.  What will you get with BPutters?  You’ll get very responsive service, friendly and professional advice on what will or will not work, regular pro-active updates, adherence to committed timing and finally, a putter with the highest level of quality and finish.  Most importantly, you’ll get a putter that works and customed to what you want!  I have no qualms recommending BPutters to anyone and will second their work anytime!

To Antonio, thank you for your professionalism and a great product!  My Space Odyssey has been a great experience.
Benock Pantaleone
BPutters Scuderio Minio
Golds Factory Private Stock 2
Kitada Slighter Tuned
Machine Big Bore, M1A Damascus Ocean Wave "Vivere", M2A Carbon "Casanova", M10 Damascus Tidal Wave
Nead AS10 Copper, Damascus Mini
Scotty Monterey
Slighter Seattle
TP Mills Peppi
Xenon 84X Stealth, Copper

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: MY SPACE ODYSSEY
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
Not my style, but a beautiful putter nonetheless....

Side note, in a recent WRX article regarding custom putters that mostly featured a conversation with Dave Billings of Dog Leg Right (Machine)... there was a mention of Bputters among other boutique builders.

Just wanted you to know that people read that stuff, and yes Virginia... I can read!

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Bputters

• Bputters - Custom milled Italian putters
    • Bputters
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »
I read the article, very pleased with it. It's not a review, not and interview, but a very good perspective on the niche of custom milled putters. Being mentioned is an honor.
thx for reporting it. really appreciated :)

Antonio

wrbush31

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 03:57:09 PM »
Finished up a review for a Space last night. Very impressed.

LionGolfer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »
Not my style, but a beautiful putter nonetheless....

Side note, in a recent WRX article regarding custom putters that mostly featured a conversation with Dave Billings of Dog Leg Right (Machine)... there was a mention of Bputters among other boutique builders.

Just wanted you to know that people read that stuff, and yes Virginia... I can read!

Jimbo  8)

Lol.   Not surprising for me that machine and BPutters get mentioned in the same breadth.  The finish of both is probably the best.
Benock Pantaleone
BPutters Scuderio Minio
Golds Factory Private Stock 2
Kitada Slighter Tuned
Machine Big Bore, M1A Damascus Ocean Wave "Vivere", M2A Carbon "Casanova", M10 Damascus Tidal Wave
Nead AS10 Copper, Damascus Mini
Scotty Monterey
Slighter Seattle
TP Mills Peppi
Xenon 84X Stealth, Copper