Author Topic: Report a Moderator  (Read 3802 times)

Bule1101

• Section Moderator
  • Ivan@xenongolf.com
    • Xenon Golf
Report a Moderator
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:48:45 AM »
Hy,

What is the procedure if you want to report a moderator to someone higher up?
Is it even possible?
Xenon Handmades: TyeDye with hubcaps, "lil sKUnk" CuNi small-block, SS Handmade 84 with Ti Dama and Cu inserts
Also: Lajosi Damascus Bayzie, Byron SS Bombora, SSB SurfSide Mannkrafted Wave, Tad Moore Pro 1 Northern Lights, Machine Big Bore

www.xenongolf.com

reflog74

Re: Report a Moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »
Same as for anyone else.  Reports go to Global Mods and Admins.

John

jr

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »
There are Section Moderators and Global Moderators. I guess the "structure" would be as follows:

Administrator
Global Moderator
Section Moderator

You can send any Global Moderator a PM by using the Personal Message link to the left side of their posts or go to thier profile and use the Send PM link. If you need to go to the top you can send a message to Mr. Doug, the site Administrator, Owner, Creator, etc.

Here is his PT Profile and you can click on the Send PM link on the lower left. You may or may not get a reply.
http://puttertalk.com/community/index.php?action=profile;u=1

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »
To be fair, moderators (like umpires, refs, etc) sometimes have a tough job and are not universally appreciated for the 98% of the time they get it right, but vilified the rest of the time when they prove that they are human.

Don't know the event, but I can tell you that you should be able to count on being contacted by someone who wants to fairly resolve your issue. That being said remember, what you think is fair and reasonable may not match their expectations... and vice versa.

Sometimes people ask questions that are misinterpreted as trouble making... it is a serious flaw in the social networking world in which this little board resides. I have been in hot water a few times over what I considered to be misunderstood, honest statements or questions. Give it some time and space, let the matter resolve itself and go back to practicing your carpet putting knowing that at the very worst, you take a short break and remember that there are things WAY more important than a misunderstanding on PT...

Hope that helps!
Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Bule1101

• Section Moderator
  • Ivan@xenongolf.com
    • Xenon Golf
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »
Thanks a lot, guys, for the help. As always you have been great.

It is not an incident or argument i had with someone. I would never resort to this even if that was the case.

I have seen one of the moderators post a thread which i find to be detremental to the PT community. It goes against everything we posted in the TP Suggestions thread, (especially against what you said in there Jimbo) and it paints an ugly picture of us as a group.

I dont want to engage directly, i have delt with them in the past and plan to again in the future, so i think this way will be better.

Thanks again
Xenon Handmades: TyeDye with hubcaps, "lil sKUnk" CuNi small-block, SS Handmade 84 with Ti Dama and Cu inserts
Also: Lajosi Damascus Bayzie, Byron SS Bombora, SSB SurfSide Mannkrafted Wave, Tad Moore Pro 1 Northern Lights, Machine Big Bore

www.xenongolf.com

The man with no aim.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:11:07 PM »
I dont want to engage directly, i have delt with them in the past and plan to again in the future, so i think this way will be better.

WTF.  Without communication nothing gets fully resolved, EVER.  If I've gotta a problem with someone they know it, we talk, we resolve it, then we go have a drink.

I think you should reconsider your approach, I don't see any futher deals being good for either of you or completed.  Its difficult to deal with someone when you don't know what they're like or worst still, you suspect them of not being what they seem or say they are.

But its your call.

Regards
T
rjb1910
Wanted, wanted, Dead or Alive

jr

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »
I would suggest that you communicate with the Moderator about your feelings via a PM and see if you and he can get on the same page to resolve what you think is a problem. Perhaps he has a different view of what he posted than what you have read into his post or vice versa. Pretend you were on the golf course with him playing a round with other PT members. Would you talk with him directly about what you perceived was a problem or would you go directly to a "rules official"?

You never know, you may have a better relationship with the person in the future because of your communications.

Bule1101

• Section Moderator
  • Ivan@xenongolf.com
    • Xenon Golf
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 12:32:08 PM »
Jr and T,

Thanks again.

If this was something involving me personally i would definetly take the direct approach. But it is not. I do not feel it is my place to tell someone who has been on this forum for years what they should do. This is only my opinion, and i might be completly wrong. It is not my intention to instigate any trouble. I just wanted to know wheter there is a structure and if could vioce my concern to someone. I will be more careful next te about the wording i use here.

I now have the information i need, thank you again.

www.xenongolf.com

jr

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »
... I do not feel it is my place to tell someone who has been on this forum for years what they should do. ...

I would not take the approach of "telling" them how you think they should do something. Contact them and ask about what they posted, discuss what they posted, etc. Maybe you will find that one of you comes away with a different opinion or view then what you started out with. They may not have any clue that what they said might ruffle anyones feathers so to speak.

Trust me, it will be better for all if you communicate with other members in a friendly way, as if you were friends playing a casual round of golf. It is a much better way of handling things than the way the same thing would be discussed by two hockey players. That is what is so great about golf.

smitty

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »
What did I do now?   ;D

The man with no aim.

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 01:39:26 PM »
What did I do now?   ;D
Well if the cap fits ::)
rjb1910
Wanted, wanted, Dead or Alive

garygibbs9

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »
This is one of the few sane and civil places on the internet. It's special. Let's keep it that way. After all, we're talking golf here, putters mostly, not politics or religion (thank God!) ;D
When it comes to putters, I suffer from an embarrassment of riches.

Current gamer:  Nead SaP09

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 05:16:44 PM »
This is one of the few sane and civil places on the internet. It's special. Let's keep it that way. After all, we're talking golf here, putters mostly, not politics or religion (thank God!) ;D

But, I like talking about God!

Not religion, as it has done a good job of alienating people away from God, but I do enjoy discussing God!

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

jr

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
But, I like talking about God!

Not religion, as it has done a good job of alienating people away from God, but I do enjoy discussing God!

Jimbo  8)

Jimbo, I am sure there are some people that would like to talk about Muhammad, Allah, Buddha, Satan, ... ... ... the list would go on forever. The "conversations" would not go in a good or friendly direction. That is why there are certain areas that are taboo when it comes to posting on PutterTalk, and you know good and well that religion is one of them. You can not separate a conversation or discussion about or relating to God from religion. Please do not take any more opportunities to bring religion or the discussion of God or Gods into threads on PutterTalk.

For anyone else that wants to continue down this path or comment on this matter, do not, your post will be removed.

I am locking this topic. If anyone starts a new thread or posts in another thread to resuscitate this religious part of this thread I will remove the post and the poster will get a 30 day suspension.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:31:15 PM by jr »

reflog74

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »
Try GodTalk.com

John