Author Topic: 2013 Bettinardi Social  (Read 58279 times)

kweb

2013 Bettinardi Social
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:18:28 PM »
Hello PTer's,
We are at Bettinardi Golf are proud to announce the details for our 2013 Social.
We are really excited on how the particulars have come together this year.
We will be hosting our party here at the Bettinardi Factory in Tinley Park,IL on Friday June 7th.
As usual, we will be allowing our guests full access to our whole facility. ie. No lock doors or cabinets!
You will get to see exactly how we create our products and the steps they go through to get completed.
There will be an open bar and food, as well as some of the coolest putters and accessories you will find anywhere!
We also have setup golf at Flossmoor Country Club on the Saturday after. It is arguably one of the nicest private clubs in the area. Playing there is a real treat.
If you are interested in attending please give us a call and we will reserve you a spot.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you in June.

JimmyGalls

Re: 2013 Bettinardi Social
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »
Ahhhhh very nice!

For my personal planning and others I assume as well.

Will Jimmy/Nick be organizing a Friday round again?

Assuming all falls in line here, I can't wait to see everyone again.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:34:29 PM by JimmyGalls »
Gamer:  Tour Odyssey Long Neck Raw black series I #1

adg81231

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »
look forward to it... Logo is sweet this year!

CJJA

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 05:30:23 PM »
Sounds awesome, got it on my calendar!  Adam is right, great looking logo!

Chris
If you need to have a vote to allow me into your "friends" area, that doesn't make you a friend.  It makes you a douchebag.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Don't drink and draw.  -Michael Godard

mbeyel

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 06:47:38 PM »
Oh Yeahhhh! Looking forward to more laughs as usual. 

lightningbolt444

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
Looking forward to my first social.
MannKrafted Hot Rod
MannKrafted Custom Rattler
Bettinardi Half Moon BB-0
Bettinardi Studio Stock 5
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

AUDuffer

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 08:29:14 PM »
Sweet!

mbeyel

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 09:11:31 PM »
Sweet!

Gas up the panel van!

Possibly 2 weekends in a row with Felix - Social and then Merion for the Open...uh oh. 

mflores

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 02:24:14 PM »
If there any side games on F or Sun and you need a local to fill in - drop me a PM.

The man with no aim.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:20 PM »
If there any side games on F or Sun and you need a local to fill in - drop me a PM.

I live about 3,500 miles away, I've brought something like 20 to 30 nardi's, I pay 24% import tax on them too & you live local so, you're ONLY looking for a side game :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Don't take this the wrong way but, YOU'RE Fn KILLING ME MAN
rjb1910
Wanted, wanted, Dead or Alive

oldpalchamp

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 07:23:31 PM »
Hey Keith.  Finally something to look forward to!  Here it is March, and we should be getting excited about playing golf, and here in the Chicago area we are getting dumped on with TOOOOOOO MUCH SNOW!!!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing everybody again.  I hear Flossmoor is fantastic since their renovation a few years ago.  Cocktails, Cigars, Friends, and The Best Putters in the World!  What could be better than that!

Joel

chickenpotpie

• Just as kool as the other side of the pillow
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 08:38:02 AM »
Pretty sure I'm in, but I need to get "travel approval"....unlike Tony, I don't pay 24% import duties, but I also don't know what this will cost me with the wife.  That may end up making the 24% duties look like pocket change, not sure.

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm feeling like buying a few putters with some booty, colored with red paintfill, and preferably no sight lines.  I hear there's a market for such putters.   ::)

The man with no aim.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 09:55:41 AM »
I don't know what this will cost me with the wife. 

Last I heard your wife wanted a football team full of kids running round the house, now there is 11 in a football team, strange for an American not to use the term "Soccer" though :-\

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm feeling like buying a few putters with some booty, colored with red paintfill, and preferably no sight lines.  I hear there's a market for such putters.   ::)

That market has been a bit dry of late but, we're working on it :P

Regards
T
rjb1910

adg81231

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 02:11:23 PM »

I live about 3,500 miles away, I've brought something like 20 to 30 nardi's, I pay 24% import tax on them too & you live local so, you're ONLY looking for a side game :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Tony you kill me!! I mean what does it take to get your ass across the pond?? Should we run a donation pool?? LMAO

chickenpotpie

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »

Tony you kill me!! I mean what does it take to get your ass across the pond?? Should we run a donation pool?? LMAO

Nah, it would cost too much.  We'd have to add the 24% import duties, even on all the single malt that Tony will be carrying back with him in his kidneys...

The man with no aim.

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 02:40:23 PM »

Adam, I'm afraid its time not money, unattended projects run over and drop margins quickly, we've currently got very and I mean very nearly all we're worth in a big project, risk/reward you need to pay attention.  Wish it wasn't so but, it won't always be this way and I'll get there, be afraid, be very afraid.

Mike, you got real single malt in the US :o I'll have to chuck that in the cost/benefit analysis model too. 

LOL one day, one day but I want some assurance, floating pitching green, a fleet of panel vans, at least 18 year old single malt, cigars rolled on the sweaty bootys of real 300lb+ minger maids from the local hotel & a decent choice mallets.  Jimmy near shat himself the year Mallet Matt was a late entry and there were no mallets for the social, Glenn had to knock one out quick.  I sure hope that doesn't have a double meaning in the US as well.

Regards
A sad not to be coming T
rjb1910

NJBettiFan

• The artist formerly known as NJCameronFutura...
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »
I hope I can make it to my first Social! Hopefully I dont have to go to my wife's High School reunion that weekend.
Bettinardi Halfmoon HEX DASS Proto
Bettinardi SS9 Zombee DASS Proto
Bettinardi 2013 American Championship LE DASS SS3
Bettinardi DASS Boxcar Proto
Bettinardi SS12
Bettinardi BB35
Ben Hogan by Bettinardi Baby Ben

drivin4show

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:26 PM »
Im in I called the Studio today and had Rebecca put the $300 on Jimmys bill.  Can't wait to see you peeps.

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 08:15:21 PM »
Im in I called the Studio today and had Rebecca put the $300 on Jimmys bill.  Can't wait to see you peeps.

haha...thanks John !

mbeyel

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 09:08:11 PM »

haha...thanks John !

Well good thing I didn't write the check yet...I'll just call tomorrow too and add it to the tab!!  Thanks J

drivin4show

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 09:12:20 PM »

haha...thanks John !

Well good thing I didn't write the check yet...I'll just call tomorrow too and add it to the tab!!  Thanks J

Ya its real easy just call ask for Rebecca and say "Im Jimmys guest and he said he is picking up my tab for the social".  Just think that 3 hundo can go towards another pimp putter or buckle.  Jimmys the best.

chickenpotpie

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 09:48:32 PM »
Negotiations underway...hoping to put out a puff of white smoke shortly... ;)

chickenpotpie

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 10:50:27 AM »
White smoke is visible....can't wait for the black smoke on the patio around 1 AM!

Oh, and it looks like Jimmy's tab was full (I think his credit card got declined), so I put mine on Nick's tab.  I think his credit limit is higher.   :D

The man with no aim.

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »
The only smoke on my patio at 1 am is skunk & I ain't talking about the four legged variety 8)
rjb1910

bogeyjosh

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »
Alright, I'm in!
Sometimes, I play from the "forward" tees

SoonerChris

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 03:18:04 PM »
This was going to be the year.  My first Bettinardi Social.  Found out early from Nick.  No conflicts at work.  Perfect.

Then I look at flights.  Why is it that all the cheap flight that people talk about, like under $99 per way on Southwest are never the times you have to go somewhere?  Yes, I said it, have to go, b/c I really have to go this year.

So, I'll be watching flights.  My luck, as soon as I find a ridiculously cheap flight, the social will be sold out.

You watch, just watch.....
Bettinardi Kucher Model 1 Arm Lock

The man with no aim.

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »
Don't worry Chris, just tell Jimmy you're gatecrashing with $10K :o in your sky rocket

He'll get you in
rjb1910

SoonerChris

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »
Don't worry Chris, just tell Jimmy you're gatecrashing with $10K :o in your sky rocket

He'll get you in

I guess I could always drive.  What, it's only about 800 miles.  Could make it in one day.  Anyone from Oklahoma or Texas wanna do a road trip?

SoonerChris

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »
Ok, now I'm begging.  Someone help me come up with an idea to get me to this.  First thing you could do is buy some of my awesome equipment I have for sale here.  LOTS of good stuff.  Make me an offer.

http://puttertalk.com/community/index.php?topic=37141.0

eddiea54

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »
I think Im gonna go....
ea.byronputters@gmail.com

www.byronputters.com

The Roll Abides

JimmyGalls

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 03:40:53 PM »
My June looks nuts, really hoping I can fit this in this year.

SoonerChris

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »
Will airport pickup and dropoffs be available?

AUDuffer

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »
No. Not exactly a short drive to Tinley Park!

NJBettiFan

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
I'm in. Wife isn't thrilled, but I am making it up for it by going to her High School reunion the week before..  8)
Bettinardi SS12
Bettinardi BB35

Venno

• TourStockPutters.com
    • TourStockPutters
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 01:17:28 AM »
I'm in. Wife isn't thrilled, but I am making it up for it by going to her High School reunion the week before..  8)

Reunion or Putters and Golf.... I think she might be getting the better deal by getting you to come to the reunion! LOL

Follow us on Twitter! @TourStockPutter

NJBettiFan

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 07:51:44 AM »
True! It's all good. She knows how badly I have been wanting to do this for a couple of years now. Especially after my visit to the Studio this past Labor Day weekend. Can't wait to meet everyone and pick up some new toys!
Bettinardi SS12
Bettinardi BB35

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 09:16:59 AM »
Nelson...hope a putter or two were included in that agreement :)

Jimmy

NJBettiFan

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 10:36:55 AM »
Kind of Jimmy... I'll be sure to be home when UPS/Fedex delivers to my house that week! :-)
Bettinardi SS12
Bettinardi BB35

SoonerChris

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »
Question for those going or have gone in the past.  Do you usually go by yourself?  This will be my first and I don't know anyone personally and wanted to get an idea what to expect.

JimmyGalls

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
Question for those going or have gone in the past.  Do you usually go by yourself?  This will be my first and I don't know anyone personally and wanted to get an idea what to expect.

Everyone is great and you'll feel right at home immediately with the Bettinardi guys and the attendees.

AUDuffer

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »

When Jimmy asks if you want to see his magic third thumb do not follow him; Matt can tell you his lesson learned!

The man with no aim.

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »
Only one rule, Leave Rebecca be, she mine when I finally get my arse over there. You'll need a whole lot more experience than a couple of HMM's to handle that girl.

Enjoy yourself
Regards
T
rjb1910

bogeyjosh

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »

When Jimmy asks if you want to see his magic third thumb do not follow him; Matt can tell you his lesson learned!

Or get in the back of his panel van, right Felix?
Sometimes, I play from the "forward" tees

chickenpotpie

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »

I can answer this....it is kind of funny at first (going somewhere to meet a bunch of guys you met online, LOL), but once you meet the people in person, it's like you have known each other for years.  Lots of good people here, both the employees and the attendees.  I also enjoyed the "you aren't what I envisioned a guy called chickenpotpie to look like" sorts of comments.  Looking forward to the golf and the social event itself.

I still need that tour of the factory Jimmy.  Missed that last time.

mbeyel

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 03:28:23 PM »

I hope I don't see an invoice for a box of trash bags now that you brought up the van!!  And I can say that it's a good time just stay away from Felix and his pillows.  The first year I went, I got a separate room but last year I had a lapse in judgement and bunked with Felix.  Depends when people come out as some come out early or just Friday.

apprenti23

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 03:55:37 PM »
Only one rule, Leave Rebecca be, she mine when I finally get my arse over there.
Enjoy yourself
Regards
T
T,

I think you'll need to fight jimmy for the rights to Rebecca!!!

The man with no aim.

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »
Don't think so, Kyle....  woman without children want girls not boys ;)

And I'm not even gonna mention previous use of huge storage areas :-[
rjb1910

SoonerChris

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »

I hope I don't see an invoice for a box of trash bags now that you brought up the van!!  And I can say that it's a good time just stay away from Felix and his pillows.  The first year I went, I got a separate room but last year I had a lapse in judgement and bunked with Felix.  Depends when people come out as some come out early or just Friday.

So the majority comes Friday?  Is there a golf outing scheduled for Friday?  I don't want to get there on Thursday and be like, where is everyone and sit in my room until Friday night.

SoonerChris

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »
Only one rule, Leave Rebecca be, she mine when I finally get my arse over there. You'll need a whole lot more experience than a couple of HMM's to handle that girl.

Enjoy yourself
Regards
T

Come on T, two HMMs?  I have had a BB8 and a studio stock from a couple of years ago too ;-P

lightningbolt444

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »

So the majority comes Friday?  Is there a golf outing scheduled for Friday?  I don't want to get there on Thursday and be like, where is everyone and sit in my room until Friday night.

If I go which all that is standing in the way is the boss approving my time off. I will be getting there Thursday Evening around 8 or so. I think in years past people have golfed on friday as well although it is not an "official" part of the social 
MannKrafted Hot Rod
MannKrafted Custom Rattler
Bettinardi Half Moon BB-0
Bettinardi Studio Stock 5
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006