Author Topic: Custom MACHINE Damascus M10 With Copper Insert  (Read 4448 times)

Choeppner

Custom MACHINE Damascus M10 With Copper Insert
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
MACHINE Putters Facebook Page - CLICK HERE

MACHINE Custom Putters Rep.  Feel free to contact me with any questions at Choeppner@Doglegright.com

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
Re: Custom MACHINE Damascus M10 With Copper Insert
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
Wow, it's very cool to see how you guys actually insert the insert :)  This one is going to be sick after it gets it's acid bath!

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:13:53 PM »
I have a question that may or may not be related to this (and many other designs)... how do you know which metals will work together without having any interaction issues. What keeps them from corroding each other or interacting negatively in some other way?

May be a dumb question, but I do wonder... thanks.

Jimbo
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Choeppner

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:53:15 PM »
Wow, it's very cool to see how you guys actually insert the insert :)  This one is going to be sick after it gets it's acid bath!

Thanks Zack!  She is going to be really good looking if I do say so myself :)  LOL

Thanks

-Chris

MACHINE Custom Putters Rep.  Feel free to contact me with any questions at Choeppner@Doglegright.com

Choeppner

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:58:26 PM »
I have a question that may or may not be related to this (and many other designs)... how do you know which metals will work together without having any interaction issues. What keeps them from corroding each other or interacting negatively in some other way?

May be a dumb question, but I do wonder... thanks.

Jimbo

Hello Jimbo,

Not a dumb question at all.  It just takes knowing the materials that you are working with :)  Dave's been doing it for a long long time as he used to do Bronze Casting and even worked at the Shidoni Foundry earlier in life :)  He's a man that knows his metal. LOL

Thanks

-Chris

AWEsomeLEFTY

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
Which copper alloy is used on this model? Is it avail or could it be made Lefty with a shorter goose neck?
I also saw a gorgeous Copper M1 on golfwrx, which alloy was that one?

Thanks!

Choeppner

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
Hello,

The face insert is Billet Copper. 

I can definitely build you any MACHINE you would like in Lefty :) 

If you would like, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I can send you some examples :)

Thanks in advance

-Chris

Sloman

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 12:10:55 AM »
I'm also like to know that how would you know which metals work together not having any relationship issues.
What will keep them coming from corroding the other or bonding negatively using some other way?

DB MACHINE

• MACHINE Putters by Dogleg Right
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
I'm also like to know that how would you know which metals work together not having any relationship issues.
What will keep them coming from corroding the other or bonding negatively using some other way?

Hello again Sloman, and welcome to Puttertalk by the way. 

To answer your question, I generally know from experience.  I don't mean to brag, but just want to explain myself further.  I've been designing and making putters professionally for 25 years in the industry, 18 with my own company, and if you are lucky, you can pick up a thing or two along the way!  lol

We have done a lot of experimentation along the way as part of the R&D process, and test many materials, processes, and employ numerous technological advancements, methods and techniques to make these combinations work.  I am proud to have been awarded US patents for some of these important inventions in these fields, and also have had a Top-Five player in the world use some of the first multi-material inserts for multiple top finishes on Tour.  Some of these designs were initially banned and later were the first to be allowed by new Rules interpretations that changed the way putters are designed today.  So a lot goes into the process, to say the least.   

I try to design and manufacture our putters to last a lifetime, and I hope they are good enough to be handed down generation to generation, maybe even as prized possessions.  I have my grandfather's clubs right next to my desk as a reminder of the appreciation that comes from those heirlooms, the enjoyment that they brought in their use and in them being passed down...

I hope that helps answer your questions. 

Sincerely,

-Dave
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:51:40 AM by DB MACHINE »

Sloman

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »

What you say guys ?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:39:20 AM by reflog74 »

DB MACHINE

• MACHINE Putters by Dogleg Right
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
I'm not answering this one again!!!    lol  (note jr's post in our M20 thread regarding this former member). 

-DB

jr

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »
From the other thread.

Remember not all members of the site are fluent in "english" as their first or second language. Translating from one language to another often results in what looks to be poor grammar when in fact it is the result of the way "english" is structured versus other languages. A literal translation does not always read in a way that it is natively used.

In the above case, Sloman is located in Pakistan. That being said for reasons other than the above, he is no longer a member of PT.