Author Topic: Cool 006 GS  (Read 4567 times)

Byron Morgan

Cool 006 GS
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:05:18 PM »
Brushed blue oil.

timastyle

Re: Cool 006 GS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:42:04 PM »
That looks great!  Didn't know this is available in GS. Any others?
Byron Morgan:
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 Brushed Stainless with Plow neck (formerly a short pipe high polish blue oil as in my avatar)

Xenon:
Handmade Xenon Damascus Stainless (gamer)

Nead:
On order Albz

waddman

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 12:28:05 AM »
That neck looks looooooong! and awesome!
Gamer-Byron Morgan 611 SS Prototype
Byron Morgan 006 raw carbon
Byron Morgan DH89x Mini
Byron Morgan Bombora Black Oxide
Byron Morgan Bombora Rockpile Blue Oil
SC Custom Coronado

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 12:46:03 AM »
Love the finish color and how it changes up and down the neck. Paint fill and Tuna look tasty too. Best welder in the business too - clean, consistent, and even patterns.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

Maverickping

• Section Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:15:31 AM »
Really sharp!

Tie_Webb

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
I'm proud to say that this beauty will be headed to the great state of New Jersey today.  I could not be any happier with how it came out.  Fabulous choices on the color scheme and final stampings, Byron.  I know I may be a bit biased but that is one of the finest looking long necks I've seen yet.  I can't stop looking at the colors and I'll bet under bright sunshine it looks even better.  Thanks again for everything, Byron.

I have to say that the timing of this putter being finished is a little bittersweet, however.  Dave was such a great partner for me in putting this together.  He offered endless knowledge and experience and had tremendous patience as I continued to change my mind throughout the ordering process.  I'm sorry that you can't be as excited as I am right now, Dave.  I hope Traci is feeling better and that you are hanging in there. 

Lee

sLuGo

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
I'm proud to say that this beauty will be headed to the great state of New Jersey today.  I could not be any happier with how it came out.  Fabulous choices on the color scheme and final stampings, Byron.  I know I may be a bit biased but that is one of the finest looking long necks I've seen yet.  I can't stop looking at the colors and I'll bet under bright sunshine it looks even better.  Thanks again for everything, Byron.

I have to say that the timing of this putter being finished is a little bittersweet, however.  Dave was such a great partner for me in putting this together.  He offered endless knowledge and experience and had tremendous patience as I continued to change my mind throughout the ordering process.  I'm sorry that you can't be as excited as I am right now, Dave.  I hope Traci is feeling better and that you are hanging in there. 

Lee

It looks great, you are not biased!
It's a marriage. If I had to choose between my wife and my putter, well, I'd miss her.
 - Gary Player

Byron Morgan

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »
That looks great!  Didn't know this is available in GS. Any others?

No, this was the last one of the batch.

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »
Great looking putter!  GS always seems to give the widest range of hues when it's torched and with blue oil.  Hands down the coolest finish Byron offers :)

Tie_Webb

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »
Great looking putter!  GS always seems to give the widest range of hues when it's torched and with blue oil.  Hands down the coolest finish Byron offers :)

Well, this being my first one I had a really hard time deciding on a finish.  I am thrilled with how it looks.  The first sunny day after i get it, I'm taking it outside for a photo shoot.  Many more pictures to come.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 02:53:55 PM »
That one is pure class.  Well done Byron!

Can't wait to see more pictures!  8)
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

benbarren

• benbarren
    • BB Tumblr.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
Amazing finish face neck all of it!!!!!
Just Another Aussie Lefty on Mornington Peninsula The Nash
Byron: GSS DH89x Triple Polish Rincon 89x
Bombora Rockpile Twisted Rincon BlackOx "The Nash"
Betts: BB2 SS Copper Insert
Lajosi: KLP4SS "NashMoonah"
Machine: M10 torched ISS Damascus Medallion "TheNash"
TP Mills: Softtail SS Oil Can Ostrich

CarlSpackler

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »
Snazzy!
TP Mills / Odyssey Proto
Lajosi Damascus Bayzie HSM
Lajosi DD201 X
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

-Justin

Tie_Webb

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »
Putter arrived today.  It's no surprise that in person it looks 10x better than in the photos.  The milling is unbelievable.  I couldn't wait for my family to go to bed so I could open the box and admire my prize in peace.  Here are some more pictures.  There not as god as the outdoor pics will be, but the close ups look awesome. Thanks again Byron and Dave.  I absolutely love it. 

Dave, I also sold my Edel yesterday (perfect timing huh?) so when I'm done working with Bruce it may be time for number two.  I can see how Byron's putters quickly become addicting.   

Oh.  My t-shirt also came and the navy blue looks great.  Nice quality and cool graphics.

Lee

On to the pictures:

Tie_Webb

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »
More pics

CarlSpackler

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »
That is just amazing on the color change from Byron's pictures to yours...absolutely love it!
TP Mills / Odyssey Proto
Lajosi DD201 X
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

-Justin

nvgolfdude

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 10:04:30 AM »
That putters flat out smokes it's so hot!  8)   Did anyone notice that it has the "Tiger Pocket"?  Pretty cool customization IMO...
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

CarlSpackler

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
What's a tiger pocket?
TP Mills / Odyssey Proto
Lajosi DD201 X
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

-Justin

nvgolfdude

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
What's a tiger pocket?

The ears have been hand milled out of the pocket.
nvgolfdude@live.com

CactusGolf

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »
I absolutely LOVE this headshape!  Is the toe hang similar to a NP2?

Are there any other options for face milling?  Price?

Tie_Webb

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Byron can make the toe hang whatever you want it to be.  This one has the "deep tuna" hand milling which is not standard.  There are definitely other face milling options. 

CactusGolf

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Byron can make the toe hang whatever you want it to be.  This one has the "deep tuna" hand milling which is not standard.  There are definitely other face milling options. 
I love all of the options.

Is the neck more of a plumber's vs. flow?  What is this neck called?  I LOVE it.

CarlSpackler

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »
Neck is a long round pipe...seriously
TP Mills / Odyssey Proto
Lajosi DD201 X
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

-Justin

CactusGolf

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
I'm liking that a lot!

nvgolfdude

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
I'm liking that a lot!

Check out some of bargolf's posts about this neck.  He believes that it provides the greatest stability and flexibility of setup for individual players.  His personal Byron putters are long pipe necks, as are most of mine...
nvgolfdude@live.com

CactusGolf

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »
I'm liking that a lot!

Check out some of bargolf's posts about this neck.  He believes that it provides the greatest stability and flexibility of setup for individual players.  His personal Byron putters are long pipe necks, as are most of mine...
I'll have to!

What do you mean by stability?  As in, easier to control the head through the putting stroke?

Several times a round I have to back off with my NP2 because I can feel the head twitching.

Gosh, I may have to contact you about putting an order in.  Same putter, different face milling!  Not 100% sure about what finish I would want though.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »
I'm liking that a lot!

I'll have to!

What do you mean by stability?  As in, easier to control the head through the putting stroke?

Several times a round I have to back off with my NP2 because I can feel the head twitching.

Gosh, I may have to contact you about putting an order in.  Same putter, different face milling!  Not 100% sure about what finish I would want though.

I'm happy to assist whenever you're ready.  Shoot a PM to bargolf to get his definition of how the long neck stabilizes the putter through the stroke regardless of your needs (swinging gate to face balanced)...  :)
nvgolfdude@live.com

CarlSpackler

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »

DO IT.....DO IT NOW!!!
TP Mills / Odyssey Proto
Lajosi DD201 X
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

-Justin

CarlSpackler

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
Anyone know where this thing is???
TP Mills / Odyssey Proto
Lajosi DD201 X
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

-Justin

titleistgolf_nirvana

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2015, 12:54:51 PM »
wow that is a beauty
Byron Morgan DH89 Long Plumbers Neck
Byron Morgan GSS DH89
Byron Morgan GSS 612

CarlSpackler

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2017, 08:05:47 PM »
soon anyone know where this thing is?
TP Mills / Odyssey Proto
Lajosi DD201 X
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

-Justin

Gava

• Adam Scott - First Aussie To Win The US Masters
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 08:05:19 AM »
...I can see how Byron's putters quickly become addicting...

I was going to say this ^^^

Then I realised this is a thread revived in the search of this putter.  Would like to know about it's journey as well.

Bump... 8)
I'm a member at The Vines in Western Australia.  Look me up if you are visiting.