Author Topic: ASGI insert?  (Read 4920 times)

drchipinski

ASGI insert?
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:10:36 PM »
Is there a real difference? I have only rolled a few at the local course. Anyone use one? Thoughts?

Chirodad

Re: ASGI insert?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 09:21:34 PM »
There is another popular site called BS.......something....they are currenly running a test with TM, that invites you to bring your putter to Las Vegas and putt with and without a ASGI attached to the face of your putter.  It will be interesting to see the results of this invitation only event.  It's co-sponsored by BS.... and TM I believe.

drchipinski

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:27:43 PM »
That would be cool to see the results.

moecat01

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »
I've got an AGSI model that was initially available in Japan only.  Designated "Maranello 8," it's shaped a lot like the 8-01 which is based on the TPA XVIII, but instead with a silver finish and 2 sole weight plugs.  The feel is soft, yet *not* mushy compared to other insert putters, and it rolls very nicely.  Comparing it briefly to another mallet putter without an insert, the 8-01 AGSI seems to be especially beneficial on uphill putts.

hiatus

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 07:37:44 PM »
That BS...something website is bombsquadgolf.com  The TM AGSI putter tests are in the putter forum amongst the upper headings that are always there. Interesting reading. I have a TM Rossa CGB Sebring 3 w/AGSI. Great putter. 2nd in rotation to my SC SS Newport Beach 1.5. I've made more memorable and spectacular puts with the Rossa but my distance control has been better with the Scotty. I would not sell either of them.