Author Topic: RC 9 Cleveland Classics Putter (HELP)  (Read 3317 times)

JTeke

RC 9 Cleveland Classics Putter (HELP)
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:03:44 PM »
Hey guys,
I just acquired a putter that I haven't seen before.  It is a Cleveland Classics putter (according to the sole) but has RC 9 on the face (where normally KG would be for the Giannini series).  The head shape is similar to a studio design putter, traditional blade type, but the back wall has a cavity milled in it.  Does anyone have any information on this putter, I've never seen one before.  Thanks! 
One Putt...at a time

JTeke

Re: RC 9 Cleveland Classics Putter (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 12:06:19 AM »
hey guys...thought some grainy pictures might help...let me know!  Thanks again fellas (and ladies) haha
One Putt...at a time

JTeke

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
...bump. 
One Putt...at a time

JTeke

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:28:27 PM »
Hey guys,
After playing phone tag with Cleveland Golf and Callaway, I finally have the story.  For anyone interested, this is a Roger Cleveland handmade putter that was a project with Scotty Cameron in the early 1990's.  He said that this was his favorite, so it got his favorite number 9 and eventually made it's way into David Toms bag.  Roger's original design was more boxy, similar to the Tad Moore Maxfli putters and Scotty took it and helped him with some of the shaping (he said he was very new to putter making at this time) and milled the cavity out of the backwall.  RC did the face.
One Putt...at a time

JTeke

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 05:56:13 PM »
New Pictures.  No offset on this guy. 
One Putt...at a time

MoaningM

• Old Tom Morris...
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »
Nice looking putter JTeke, the back flange of the putter is almost identical to Tadd's IW277 but with a pocket. the pocket almost looks off centre in comparison to where the sight line. Is the centre lined up with the line?

MoaningM

• Old Tom Morris...
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 06:23:03 PM »
Did this actual putter make its way into Toms bag of a variation of?

JTeke

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 07:22:56 PM »
Cleveland gave me the impression that this actual putter made it's way into his bag...early 90's
One Putt...at a time