Author Topic: Future Club Byron Events  (Read 23485 times)

nvgolfdude

Re: Future Club Byron Events
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2011, 09:09:58 PM »
Not directly on topic, but it seems like a good place to ask: will there be any kind of Putterhead gathering at the PGA Show?

Byron doesn't go to the PGA Show any more.
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

lightningbolt444

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
Never been to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. However if it is in March I probably will not be able to make it as the move to North Carolina will be in April. Always 2013 though :)
MannKrafted Hot Rod
MannKrafted Custom Rattler
Bettinardi Half Moon BB-0
Bettinardi Studio Stock 5
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

JCL

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2011, 09:35:45 PM »
I talked to Byron the other day, and we are considering something different for the next Gathering of Putterheads.  We have decided on much of anything yet, but we are rolling ideas around in our heads.  Byron did say that he would like to do something different - focused on golf and perhaps instruction.  We are considering ideas like destination golf...

Las Vegas, Pheonix/Scottsdale, San Francisco/Napa...

Phoenix/Scottsdale in March would be cool as it will coincide with the end of Spring Training.

Feel free to toss your ideas into the ring...

How about Indiana for some putting analysis and lessons?

John

reflog74

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2011, 10:32:52 PM »
Bruce is moving from IN, I believe.  But, where ever he ends up should be an option.

John

preacher

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2011, 10:47:47 PM »
I live in Phoenix area. Great place to play golf in March :)

--jason

nvgolfdude

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2011, 11:57:14 PM »
Bruce is moving from IN, I believe.  But, where ever he ends up should be an option.

John

That is something that Byron and I discussed.  We are eager to learn where is going to be!
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2011, 11:57:48 PM »
I live in Phoenix area. Great place to play golf in March :)

--jason

Oh yeah it is!  8)
nvgolfdude@live.com

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
Dave, I really liked the Ryder Cup style competition we did at Swan Lake this fall.  Since you'd like to focus a bit more on golf, maybe we can incorporate that format into the next gathering?

waddman

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2011, 10:28:50 PM »
Dave, I'm sure you've played in horseraces since they are a little more common at private clubs, but that would be something fun to do following a morning round.
Gamer-Byron Morgan 611 SS Prototype
Byron Morgan 006 raw carbon
Byron Morgan DH89x Mini
Byron Morgan Bombora Black Oxide
Byron Morgan Bombora Rockpile Blue Oil
SC Custom Coronado

sevenfourate

• GOLF: The Worlds hardest puzzle........
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2011, 02:25:27 PM »
Do i take it an event in Scotland / Ireland in 2012 isnt on the cards anymore ?
Regards - 'Shuv'

TITLEIST 909 D2 9.5 degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
BRIDGESTONE J33-R (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
MIZUNO FLI HI CLK (20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
CALLAWAY X-22 Tour Irons (5-PW) - PX 6.5 Flighted
CALLAWAY Mack-Daddy3 Black (52 + 58) - DGS300
RIFE Iconic Three: 35"

nvgolfdude

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »

It looks more like 2013, but I have not ruled 2012 just yet...  It looks like I will be in Dublin in either January or March of 2012, but golf will not be part of that trip.  :(
nvgolfdude@live.com

sevenfourate

• GOLF: The Worlds hardest puzzle........
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »

It looks more like 2013, but I have not ruled 2012 just yet...  It looks like I will be in Dublin in either January or March of 2012, but golf will not be part of that trip.  :(

You there for work or pleasure Dave ?

Ive been to Ireland perhaps a dozen times or more playing golf, and always thoroughly enjoyed the golf,the scenerary,the 'craic',the food,the hospitality etc etc.

However; went for a weekend in Dublin with the now wife (Before we were married and no clubs obviously !) and neither of us really got the buzz about the place......
Regards - 'Shuv'

TITLEIST 909 D2 9.5 degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
BRIDGESTONE J33-R (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
MIZUNO FLI HI CLK (20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
CALLAWAY X-22 Tour Irons (5-PW) - PX 6.5 Flighted
CALLAWAY Mack-Daddy3 Black (52 + 58) - DGS300
RIFE Iconic Three: 35"

dans4fun

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2011, 01:32:55 AM »
 :)

Dave,

I've got to throw in my 2 cents!  To be practical I'd be lucky to get in 1 golf junket a year, and that would be depending on what's on the schedule.  As much as would have liked getting to the outing in Indiana last fall it was going to happen after attending the mixer in HB.

I think if one wants to a go to a instructional outing, there are probably many choices.  As far as an outing at a destination resort, I would be torn between spending the "golf time" with my new friends, or a get together with family members or friends.

I don't think that there would be any thing  to compare to the experience of spending face/shop time with Byron, social/story/instructional  time with Bruce,  and time with yourself and the other Byron Club members.  It would be great to have a yearly get together in HB, but if that doesn't work I think we should try to make it every other year.  Although I would love to see my new putter hand crafted every year, I could see giving up the precious shop time to a "Newbie" having their first custom Byron made.  I think some of the regulars did that this year.

I hope you guys continue to have the yearly mixer in HB.  I am still disappointed that I was not able to attend the first mixer because of previous obligations.  You might rotate the time of year so that members could attend based on their personal schedules.  If there is anything we could do the make the get together easier, please let us know how we could help.

Might be a good time to wish everything a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a very Safe and Happy New Year!

Dan

nvgolfdude

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »

You there for work or pleasure Dave ?

Ive been to Ireland perhaps a dozen times or more playing golf, and always thoroughly enjoyed the golf,the scenerary,the 'craic',the food,the hospitality etc etc.

However; went for a weekend in Dublin with the now wife (Before we were married and no clubs obviously !) and neither of us really got the buzz about the place......

I will be in Dublin from January 19-27.  We were there in 2009, and we really enjoyed Dublin.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of the city and to exploring Ireland by train while I am there.  Cork and Belfast are definitely on my must see list.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »

Dave,

I've got to throw in my 2 cents!  To be practical I'd be lucky to get in 1 golf junket a year, and that would be depending on what's on the schedule.  As much as would have liked getting to the outing in Indiana last fall it was going to happen after attending the mixer in HB.

I think if one wants to a go to a instructional outing, there are probably many choices.  As far as an outing at a destination resort, I would be torn between spending the "golf time" with my new friends, or a get together with family members or friends.

I don't think that there would be any thing  to compare to the experience of spending face/shop time with Byron, social/story/instructional  time with Bruce,  and time with yourself and the other Byron Club members.  It would be great to have a yearly get together in HB, but if that doesn't work I think we should try to make it every other year.  Although I would love to see my new putter hand crafted every year, I could see giving up the precious shop time to a "Newbie" having their first custom Byron made.  I think some of the regulars did that this year.

I hope you guys continue to have the yearly mixer in HB.  I am still disappointed that I was not able to attend the first mixer because of previous obligations.  You might rotate the time of year so that members could attend based on their personal schedules.  If there is anything we could do the make the get together easier, please let us know how we could help.

Might be a good time to wish everything a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a very Safe and Happy New Year!

Dan

Well said Dan.  We've given all of these things consideration.  Byron and I have not discussed this in several weeks.  We need to finalize plans or determine if we are going to take a break in 2012. 

Another consideration is that Bruce is putting together a program where he can travel to a destination and do his thing for a fee.  We'd like to be able to coordinate a Gathering with Bruce's participation.  However, doing so will create a cost that has not been part of our events in the past, the cost of Bruce (travel expenses and time).
nvgolfdude@live.com

kints

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2011, 08:05:52 PM »
Hey Eddie....will you help me with something close to us?
Shawn

waddman

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2012, 11:25:46 PM »
Any progress on this?  I'm itchin for some Byron time!
Byron Morgan DH89x Mini
SC Custom Coronado

nvgolfdude

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2012, 04:00:21 AM »
Any progress on this?  I'm itchin for some Byron time!

Based on my most recent conversation with Byron, there will NOT be a Spring Gathering.  We are discussing something in August in HB.  I have suggested that it be before mid-month so that we have it before the youngsters return to school.
nvgolfdude@live.com

eddiea54

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2012, 06:26:45 AM »
Hey Eddie....will you help me with something close to us?

Sorry Shawn, I just saw this.  Sure, I would like that.
ea.byronputters@gmail.com

www.byronputters.com

The Roll Abides

yoshiod9

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »
AUGUST?!  That's TOO far away from now!  :)  I really look forward to getting together with all the Byron guys (and the man himself!) every year.  Can't wait!  :D
Daniel

lightningbolt444

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
AUGUST?!  That's TOO far away from now!  :)  I really look forward to getting together with all the Byron guys (and the man himself!) every year.  Can't wait!  :D

Unfortunately August will not work for me as all the weekends are spoken for already (two yearly golf trips). I hope its a different month ;) If not there is always next year.
MannKrafted Hot Rod
MannKrafted Custom Rattler
Bettinardi Half Moon BB-0
Bettinardi Studio Stock 5
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2012, 02:44:44 PM »
It'd be great if the East Coasters could get together in the Spring.  Should hold us over until we can visit HB in August!

nvgolfdude

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2012, 08:57:21 PM »

There's nothing keeping us from doing a NorCal rally, or even a drop in weekend in HB just to say hi and hit the links.  I'll start another thread to see who is up for something like this.
nvgolfdude@live.com

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »
NorCal! Yo che dee hee? sic
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

waddman

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2012, 11:00:57 PM »
Maybe we can finally get the North vs. South throwdown going?  Losers buy Byrons for the winners at the mixer
Byron Morgan DH89x Mini
SC Custom Coronado

dans4fun

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »

Not sure of the Byron's at the mixer, but I checked the new redisticting map and North goes just South of Las Vegas, especially if I'm the Nor Cal team. 

I'm all over Yoche De He for a get together.  Great course.  We might even meet the So Cal guys  at Stevinson Ranch on their way up the 5.  Just checked though, it's no longer on Golfnow.com.

Dan

yoshiod9

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2012, 12:41:36 AM »
I'm in for a little NorCal get together!  I played Yocha de He a few months back and loved it.  Shot an 80, I think.  For the first time playing that course, I was ecstatic with my score.  We started on the 10th hole (par 5) and I was on in two and missed my 8 foot eagle putt (Damn nerves!).  Nice course! 
Daniel

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2012, 11:07:37 AM »
Dave, do you think an August Mixer is still in the cards?  I really need to get out to HB again this year, it just depends on if it's April, August, or both :)

bargolf

• Section Moderator
    • barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
I am hoping to have something in Indianapolis, most likely a summer thing
Byron Morgan Bombora In-Between Long Pipe
Byron Morgan DaKine Long Pipe
Staff Professional Burnt Edges Consulting
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP
SLDR TP Hybrids 17 and 21
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9 KBS Tour S
Clay Long Desig TM 50 and 56

nvgolfdude

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »
Dave, do you think an August Mixer is still in the cards?  I really need to get out to HB again this year, it just depends on if it's April, August, or both :)

We fully expect to do something in August this year around Byron's birthday.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
I am hoping to have something in Indianapolis, most likely a summer thing

I think this will be tremendous, particularly with access to the PD Golf Trail.  Let's make this happen Bruce.  You, me and Steve will have to coordinate this.
nvgolfdude@live.com

JMac13

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
I will be very interested to see the dates in Indy.
☮ ♥ & Calif☠rnia Flatsticks

Byron Morgan DaKine Radz
Byron Morgan CI-18 Proto
Byron Morgan DaKine-18
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 First off
Byron Morgan Mixed Metal Stubby DH-89

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2012, 06:20:32 PM »
Bruce and Dave, that sounds awesome!  Can't wait :)

JMac13

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 04:46:25 PM »
Any info on either summer gatherings yet?

Byron Morgan DaKine Radz
Byron Morgan CI-18 Proto
Byron Morgan DaKine-18

nvgolfdude

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »
Any info on either summer gatherings yet?

No 411 yet...  Hang in there.
nvgolfdude@live.com

Byron Morgan

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2012, 07:19:04 PM »
Sally told me most of August is out for me.

bargolf

• Section Moderator
    • barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »
i vote everyone comes to Indy. We get a couple of houses on the golf course or rooms at the Resort The Fort is a great track.
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP

JMac13

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2012, 08:24:36 PM »
I'm game Bruce! I just hope the dates don't coincide with basketball or volleyball camps.

Byron Morgan DaKine Radz
Byron Morgan CI-18 Proto
Byron Morgan DaKine-18

doc420

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »
Bruce I assume that with the warm winter the indy area courses are getting going early. So when do you think we get past all the green punching and get the courses up to speed. Normally mid to late May In Ky. area, but I think maybe late April this year.

herbst20

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2012, 12:10:25 AM »
I could definatley be swayed into coming to Indy, but after hockey season!  It is getting playoff time in the USHL!
In the Bag
Callaway Epic Subzero 10 degree
Cobra F7 3-4 wood
Titleist 712 AP2   4-PW
Titlest Spin Milled 6  54-60
Bettinardi DASS BB-0 
Bettinardi DASS BB-0 Pecans and Peaches  (Gamer)
Byron DH89
Byron 007 Spud
Byron Z Bomber
Scotty Cameron 2.6

JCL

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2012, 10:03:26 AM »
i vote everyone comes to Indy. We get a couple of houses on the golf course or rooms at the Resort The Fort is a great track.
If the timing is right I'd like to go.

John

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2012, 04:07:31 PM »
I'm in for Indy!

bargolf

• Section Moderator
    • barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2012, 05:13:53 PM »
lets talk about some dates throw some out maybe we will get lucky
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP

supernads

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2012, 08:37:56 PM »
I vote for Indy... it's not a long trip from Westfield :)

doc420

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
Bruce when will the courses really hit their peak condition.  sometime in june maybe

supernads

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2012, 12:09:43 PM »
It has got to be earlier than usual this year.  I don't remember ever mowing before in March... had to do it twice this year.

bargolf

• Section Moderator
    • barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »
Bruce when will the courses really hit their peak condition.  sometime in june maybe

They are really good by mid May. Befreo the heat takes its toll.

Bruce
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP

preacher

« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
My brother-in law and I maybe in again this year if the timing is right? June is better then May for me unless it is early May...

Jason