Author Topic: Gathering 2011  (Read 8049 times)

Byron Morgan

Gathering 2011
« on: June 27, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »
Both Sally and I want to thank all those who were able to attend the Gathering.  It was wonderful getting to know new acquaintances and welcoming friends who came a second time.  We are looking forward to the next Gathering to enjoy sharing golf, fine wine and food, and the company of good people.

lightningbolt444

Re: Gathering 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 07:20:46 PM »
Byron, Dave , Sally and anyone else that had a part in the mixer I want to thank you for an amazing time. The courses were great and meeting everyone was awesome. I was in awe watching you create each putter the amount of shaping in a da kine is amazing. Byron you are truly an artist.  I also want to thank you for spending a few more hours with me today creating a fantastic putter. I cannot wait to get it on the course.

I also would like to thank Bruce for all the information that you gave me this week. It was awesome playing with you and thanks for your continued help with my swing and putting stroke.

Can't wait until next year
MannKrafted Hot Rod
MannKrafted Custom Rattler
Bettinardi Half Moon BB-0
Bettinardi Studio Stock 5
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

reflog74

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
Congratulations, Byron, from all your friends at PutterTalk! 

It is wonderful to see one of the truly good guys in this business hitting his stride, turning out such lovely, lovely work, and having fun and enjoying life while doing it.

You deserve all the success coming your way, my friend!

John

Janky

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 08:34:46 PM »
Byron... you and Sally are the absolute best!   Same goes for Dave and Tracy and everyone else involved!    What a great weekend!   Can't wait to do it again.    And get you out on the golf course again!

simmons_m

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »
Thank Byron, it was great to meet you, Sally, and the group.
Next year we may take Sally up on her offer to watch the kids :)
Mike

nvgolfdude

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
Byron, thank you!  You make all of this possible.  I am just a facilitator, you are the star of the show, and Sally is the ultimate hostess.  :D   

As Byron said below our thanks go out to everyone that made the trip out to Huntington Beach this year.  For me, it was great to meet some people that I have only corresponded with via email or spoken to on the phone.  I am really excited by the number of SoCal locals that we attracted this year.  All of you helped to make the 2011 Gathering the great time that it was.  who_dat, pure745, jlevitt9, willsnope, janky, TJ, dbooks, dizzyrider, artpga, and Kenny Shiba.

We learned a lot last year that was incorporated into this year's event, and we took away a few things this year that will make the 2012 Gathering will be even better!  8)   See you Spring of 2012 in HB!!

Lastly, here is a picture sent to me by dans4fun of most of guys that played golf on Saturday at Meadowlark.  Thanks Dan!

nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

Byron Morgan

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 06:11:35 PM »
Congratulations, Byron, from all your friends at PutterTalk! 

It is wonderful to see one of the truly good guys in this business hitting his stride, turning out such lovely, lovely work, and having fun and enjoying life while doing it.

You deserve all the success coming your way, my friend!

John

Thank you John, Thank you Putter Talk.

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »
Byron, it was great to meet Sally and yourself!  Next spring can't come soon enough, and next time I need to golf with Dave and yourself 8)

waddman

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 10:47:17 PM »
I would like to send a HUGE thank you to Byron, Sally, Dave, Tracy and all the others of Team Byron who made this years mixer a great experience.  I had the opportunity to meet some new putterheads, make some friends and play lots of golf!  I am already looking forward to next years!
Gamer-Byron Morgan 611 SS Prototype
Byron Morgan 006 raw carbon
Byron Morgan DH89x Mini
Byron Morgan Bombora Black Oxide
Byron Morgan Bombora Rockpile Blue Oil
SC Custom Coronado

nvgolfdude

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »
First, a hearty "you're welcome" to one and all.  I have a blast organizing the Mixer/Gathering each year, and I am humbled by the turn out and enthusiasm of those who attend.  We will strive each year to make that Mixer better from the previous one and to offer something unique.

The 2010 Inaugural was special because it was the first one, and because we got to see Byron work his magic on our putters for the first time.  The 2011 Gathering brought two new putters to the Byron lineup.  New friendships were forged, and others were renewed.  I think that we learned a lot in 2010, and those lessons made for a better experience in 2011.  Now, the challenge is to take 2012's Gathering up another notch.

If you have any input, suggestions, criticism, or ideas that will help make the 2012 Gathering the best one yet, please email me (nvgolfdude@live.com) or send me a PM.

My thanks to everyone who came to the 2011 Gathering, and to everyone that made the 2011 Gathering possible.

*** This is my 4,999th post on PT.  :o   My 5,000th post will be in the Club House.  I could not let the milestone pass without saying a few heartfelt words. ***

nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

eddiea54

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »
How about a from left to right on the picture.  I like putting the faces to the screen names.... :)
ea.byronputters@gmail.com

www.byronputters.com

The Roll Abides

nvgolfdude

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 11:34:39 PM »
How about a from left to right on the picture.  I like putting the faces to the screen names.... :)

Sure...  Here goes, from left to right

Arnie and his wife Michelle (family friends of ours and owners of 4 Byron putters)
finalist (in the back)
My wife Traci
JCL (in the back)
pure745
willsnope (in the back)
jlevitt9
janky (in the back)
viking_norway
waddman
Byron
yoshiod9
dbrooks
nvgolfdude
nvgolfdude@live.com

dans4fun

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 11:43:41 PM »
 :)

And dans4fun behind the camera.  I don't get no respect.

Dan

nvgolfdude

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 11:49:15 PM »

And dans4fun behind the camera.  I don't get no respect.

Dan

Yes, Dan was behind the camera.  Dan, didn't my wife take a picture with your camera with you in the group pic?  Post that one!
nvgolfdude@live.com

dans4fun

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 01:00:51 AM »

After much thought, like Janky, I might prefer to remain the mystery man?  Besides, I posted the the pic with your wife so proudly displaying the the putter that Byron made for her!  Did I ever tell tell you what a great idea that was? 

Dan

dans4fun

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 12:54:40 AM »

T.J.,

More pics from the mixer that you requested.  This was Arroyo Trabuco on Friday.

Dan

dans4fun

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 01:39:32 AM »

Sat Mixer Pics from Meadowlark, with our host Warren.  Check out the Starter Persimmon Driver Pics of Warren and Bruce.  Thanks Warren for a great outing!

Dan

dans4fun

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 01:47:15 AM »

A few more pics.  Enjoy the outing in Indiana, wish I could have made it.

Dan

bargolf

• Section Moderator
    • barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 12:15:47 PM »
Wow What a great time. The shot with the persimmon was the best shot I hit all summer. Must have been the nostalga factor.
Byron Morgan Bombora In-Between Long Pipe
Byron Morgan DaKine Long Pipe
Staff Professional Burnt Edges Consulting
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP
SLDR TP Hybrids 17 and 21
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9 KBS Tour S
Clay Long Desig TM 50 and 56

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 12:56:49 PM »
Ohhh man I want to play golf right now.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 01:56:21 AM »
Love these pics! great job Dan!!!
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

yoshiod9

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »
Great shots, Dan! 

My favorite memory will still be when Tai threw a golf ball into Janky's back during his backswing... I swear I almost peed my shorts laughing. 
Daniel

dans4fun

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »

Thanks.

That by Byron impersonation!

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
Great shots, Dan! 

My favorite memory will still be when Tai threw a golf ball into Janky's back during his backswing... I swear I almost peed my shorts laughing. 

That would be a scary feeling. Imagine coming down from the top of your swing with a driver and feeling something hit you in the back... "I've been shot!"
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 08:19:13 PM »
Great shots, Dan! 

Need to try that on my bro-in-law next time we play,,,,,,,,

And from the shots,,,,,,,,,,,looks like I beat anerexia !!!!
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

JCL

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 09:45:33 PM »
I must have missed this when it was first posted.  Thanks for posting the photos!

John