Author Topic: Committed Sacrilege- Nike Method 001  (Read 4104 times)

CactusGolf

Committed Sacrilege- Nike Method 001
« on: May 12, 2011, 07:16:43 PM »
Went against the grain a little bit after playing Camerons and Bettinardis for many years.

I had been playing the Cameron California Napa and have been in a little bit of a putting slump for the past month or so.  Really a whole game slump.  Decided I needed to change things up a little bit because I've lost a lot of confidence around the greens.

With the help of a member here, I picked up a 001 Method GIP.  I was really used to the Cameron NP2 Timeless headshape.

First thing I noticed with this putter is that is an extremely square look at address, I would say much more so than my previous NP2 CTs and Buttonback.  The only thing I don't think I'm a huge fan of is, oddly enough, the grip.  Its a bit too thin for me so I think I'll be swapping it out with a Cameron Custom Shop, which I've been playing with for several years.

After a couple of carpet putts, I think I'll like this.  The ball feels much hotter off the face than my Camerons and seems to roll pretty quickly.  I like the feel and sound at impact.

I'll be playing on Sunday if the weather holds out for me.

After an hour long lesson yesterday, new irons, woods, and putter, I'm hoping it cures my game!

jr

Re: Committed Sacrilege- Nike Method 001
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:07:32 PM »
I would bet that you will be seeing many more Nike putters with Cameron Custom Shop grips in the future.  :-)

putterfan3753

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 05:51:49 PM »
I picked up a method 003 this past week and surprisingly like the feel. Puts a good roll on it as well. I wonder if the 2 degrees of loft contributes to that as well?

TheTrueReview

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »
... The only thing I don't think I'm a huge fan of is, oddly enough, the grip.  Its a bit too thin for me so I think I'll be swapping it out with a Cameron Custom Shop, which I've been playing with for several years.

I felt the same about my Method 001.  Swapped out to a nice nice Winn grip.  Much happier.  Btw, congrats on buying a great putter!!

[/quote]
I picked up a method 003 this past week and surprisingly like the feel. Puts a good roll on it as well. I wonder if the 2 degrees of loft contributes to that as well?

Perhaps it's a combination of that & the two types of groove in the face.

Mizuno Bettinardi BC1 putter / Nike Method 001

CactusGolf

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 08:17:32 PM »
Played two rounds with the Method and I am very, very happy with it.  The first round I had 32 putts and this past round I had 30 putts (on not so hot greens). 

The last round I had 7 one putt greens and only one three putt (on the first hole).

I don't have many skidding putts (the morning dew test) and I really like the feel.

As many of you notice, the Napa is up for sale.

I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend on better greens at Bryan Park (Champions Course) here in Greensboro, NC.

golfgeek314

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »
I recently tried the method 003 as well extremely surprised with how much I liked it. I saw Lucas Glover was gaming it and he has some pretty outrageous putting scores the other week so I thought I should try it out. Great feel and gave me a good roll on impact. I'm almost tempted to pursue one now.