Author Topic: 2011 Club Byron Mixer SWAG - Belt Buckles  (Read 9012 times)

nvgolfdude

2011 Club Byron Mixer SWAG - Belt Buckles
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:46:12 PM »
OK, so the buckles look to be very popular...  With that in mind, I'd like to start gathering more information and giving a little out as well.  In order to be successful we offer only ONE buckle design.  However, we will take input on what the design should be (see poll above).  Also, where the buckle is made is important too.  We can find someone to do something in stainless steel or we can go with Sandy Parr who made the ball markers for us in 2009.  The Sandy Parr product will NOT be stainless, but will be very similar to the ball markers.

Here's your chance to tell us what you want.  :)
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
Re: 2011 Club Byron Mixer SWAG - Belt Buckles
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »
Rectangle with a small Byron Design logo engraved in the corner. Just very simple would be my vote. Maybe an option for Byron hand stamps?
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

waddman

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 11:09:36 PM »
Rectangle with a small Byron Design logo engraved in the corner. Just very simple would be my vote. Maybe an option for Byron hand stamps?

+1.  I would prefer something thats not too flashy.  I'm no AK fan.
Gamer-Byron Morgan 611 SS Prototype
Byron Morgan 006 raw carbon
Byron Morgan DH89x Mini
Byron Morgan Bombora Black Oxide
Byron Morgan Bombora Rockpile Blue Oil
SC Custom Coronado

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »

I really like this idea.  Maybe paint fill could be applied to the Byron Design engraving?

JCL

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »

This sounds good to me.  i doubt I would buy one if its not going to be stainless though.

yoshiod9

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »
Agreed.  Love the simplistic look.  I don't think that the Sandy Parr product would look that great as a buckle.
Daniel

lightningbolt444

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 04:58:39 PM »

Agreed on the Rectangle buckle but with maybe with a surfboard engraving with byron design in the middle and paintfilled.
MannKrafted Hot Rod
MannKrafted Custom Rattler
Bettinardi Half Moon BB-0
Bettinardi Studio Stock 5
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

nvgolfdude

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »

Agreed on the Rectangle buckle but with maybe with a surfboard engraving with byron design in the middle and paintfilled.

Paintfill is not a likely component of the buckles.  That needs to be considered in evaluating designs.
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

lightningbolt444

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »

Paintfill is not a likely component of the buckles.  That needs to be considered in evaluating designs.

Well I would say the rectangle with byron design inside of a surfboard without paintfill then ;)

MannKrafted Hot Rod
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 05:37:50 PM »
The 2010 mixer putters have a really cool engraving of a surfboard with BYRON in the board. Only the material of the surfboard is taken out so BYRON is left. Looks really cool and would work as a small visual detail over the simple buckle.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

lightningbolt444

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
The 2010 mixer putters have a really cool engraving of a surfboard with BYRON in the board. Only the material of the surfboard is taken out so BYRON is left. Looks really cool and would work as a small visual detail over the simple buckle.

Thats exactly what I was thinking just could describe it right. A stainless buckle with maybe an upcharge for a flamed blue oil or golden torch with an engraving similar to that would be awesome :)
MannKrafted Hot Rod
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

nvgolfdude

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
Here's the design.  This is what we are planning to offer.  We'll need enough orders to pull it off.  I have to find out how many is enough.  The other good news is that I think I've got a company that can make these and do it for a better price than anticipated.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:09:46 PM by nvgolfdude »
nvgolfdude@live.com

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »
I would absolutely buy a buckle with that design, very nice!

lightningbolt444

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »
Very nice design I would for sure be in
MannKrafted Hot Rod
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

dans4fun

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
 :)

Dave,

How about "Byron Design" horizontal, in lower right hand corner, or left corner like the hats?

Dan

yoshiod9

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 04:03:31 PM »
NICE!  I like it a lot, Dave!  As for straps, is there anywhere we can get them? 

Dan-- I think that if it was lower in the corner, it would be hard to read the text. 
Daniel

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 04:16:48 PM »
Yoshi, I've been thinking of placing an order from PiedmontLeather.com.  A bit pricey though, as I haven't been able to find another site that comes highly recommended with a quality product.

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »
:)

Dave,

How about "Byron Design" horizontal, in lower right hand corner, or left corner like the hats?

Dan

We looked at mock-ups of several ideas and we thought this layout offered the cleanest look while still offering Byron style. For more pop the engraving can probably be paint filled. 
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

lightningbolt444

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 04:30:44 PM »
Yoshi, I've been thinking of placing an order from PiedmontLeather.com.  A bit pricey though, as I haven't been able to find another site that comes highly recommended with a quality product.

I have a few hof straps and a few from Patrick gibbons as well. Both are great quality I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three hof , gibbons or piedmont
MannKrafted Hot Rod
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

nvgolfdude

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
We may be able to offer this with a belt.  The place that I've contacted about making these has a nice looking, plain black leather belt, no stitching, for a reasonable price.  They have some wild stuff too if that's what you're into.
nvgolfdude@live.com

MarkCuranovic

• Hello ichiro... welcome to New York!
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »
if you need an extra belt buckle to complete and order, ill sacrifice myself for the good of the get together

yoshiod9

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »
I just worry more about how the buckle attaches to the strap itself as well as how many prongs are on the buckle.
Daniel

nvgolfdude

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »
I just worry more about how the buckle attaches to the strap itself as well as how many prongs are on the buckle.

This might be the best reason to have the buckle company supply the belt too.
nvgolfdude@live.com

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 09:40:11 AM »
Most belts should be able to accommodate the buckle, unless the buckle is 1 3/8 and your belt strap is 1 1/2.  To be on the safe side it's probably best to get a belt too.

kints

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 09:42:32 AM »
I can't wait for these!
Shawn

waddman

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 12:19:21 PM »
I wonder if they offer white belts to match my Byron hat?  If not I may just be looking to go with the buckle and get a belt on my own.  A polished blue oil flamed buckle would look pretty sweet!
Gamer-Byron Morgan 611 SS Prototype
Byron Morgan 006 raw carbon
Byron Morgan DH89x Mini
Byron Morgan Bombora Black Oxide
Byron Morgan Bombora Rockpile Blue Oil
SC Custom Coronado

nvgolfdude

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »
I wonder if they offer white belts to match my Byron hat?  If not I may just be looking to go with the buckle and get a belt on my own.  A polished blue oil flamed buckle would look pretty sweet!

White belt, no problem.  Blue oil flamed, now that's something you'd have to work out with Byron.
nvgolfdude@live.com

HULL17RW

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 05:38:33 PM »
That is awesome you guys are gonna have a buckle!

Kevin
HULL17RW
Kevin --- a.k.a. "KevDogg"-----

Mills Mob Goodfella's- KevDogg, Papa Smurf, Shay-D, K-Shaw and Jaybird!

Mills Mob Ladies- Bambi.

Mills Mob- Represent!

"You can't control a Mob, only hope to contain them"

nvgolfdude

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »
We are going to have some BIG NEWS regarding the stainless, milled Byron Design belt buckles very soon!  Stay tuned...  :)
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »
First a teaser picture...

Please email me (nvgolfdude@live.com) if you want a Byron Design belt buckle (1.5" X 3") with a top quality leather belt.  Price $200.  There were 11 Mixer attendees who voted for this.  Now, please reveal yourselves.  :)
nvgolfdude@live.com

kints

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 07:06:28 PM »
Dave......GREAT job!  These look hot!
Shawn