Author Topic: Huntington Beach Question  (Read 5869 times)

kints

Huntington Beach Question
« on: January 19, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
Does anyone know anything about:

Hotel Huntington Beach
or
Comfort Suites - Huntington Beach

Thanks!  :)
Shawn

nvgolfdude

Re: Huntington Beach Question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »
Does anyone know anything about:

Hotel Huntington Beach
or
Comfort Suites - Huntington Beach

Thanks!  :)

Send Byron a PM.
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

Byron Morgan

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »
Best Western on the corner of 8th street and PCH is ok.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
Best place on the web I've found for hotel and resort reviews is TripAdvisor.com.  Here's the link to the Huntington Beach area hotels on TripAdvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32513-Huntington_Beach_California-Hotels.html

You'll see that the Shorebreak is #1, and I concur.  :D
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »
Shawn, do you know what airport you'll be flying out of?  I've actually been thinking of booking my flight soon but I think I'll wait a bit.

kints

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »
I got some good prices using hotwire.......BWI to Orange County.  The Shorebreak will be a bit too high for me and the wifey.
Shawn

lightningbolt444

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24:07 PM »
Shawn, do you know what airport you'll be flying out of?  I've actually been thinking of booking my flight soon but I think I'll wait a bit.

I just booked a few days ago prices are decent right now flying out of binghamton so instead of taking the chance I just booked.
MannKrafted Hot Rod
MannKrafted Custom Rattler
Bettinardi Half Moon BB-0
Bettinardi Studio Stock 5
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

kints

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 04:25:17 PM »
I am afraid Dave will break my legs if I don't come.  :)
Shawn

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 04:47:27 PM »
What time are you east coasters planning on arriving and departing?  I was thinking of flying in Wednesday night and leaving early afternoon on Saturday.

lightningbolt444

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:03 PM »
What time are you east coasters planning on arriving and departing?  I was thinking of flying in Wednesday night and leaving early afternoon on Saturday.

I am flying in Tuesday Night and then flying home July 1st from Vegas ( we are going to rent a car and drive down probably on Monday)
MannKrafted Hot Rod
MannKrafted Custom Rattler
Bettinardi Half Moon BB-0
Bettinardi Studio Stock 5
Byron Channel Islands
Byron GS 006

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 04:59:39 PM »
I may show up a day early just to get an extra round in. Tuesday night? We played a local muni the day before that was fun.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »

I am flying in Tuesday Night and then flying home July 1st from Vegas ( we are going to rent a car and drive down probably on Monday)

First guy with his flights booked!!  That has to be worth something...  Iknow, the first adult beverages for the lightningbolt444 group are on me!  ;D
nvgolfdude@live.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »
I've got reservations for Tuesday night- Sunday night at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach (about two or three blocks south of Mile Square GC).  I'm staying in one of those suite type places with the girlfriend.  I'm pretty excited about the Mixer!
Daniel

kints

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »
That Marriott is almost full.....FYI.   Maybe we could get your girlfriend and my wife to shop??
Shawn

Pure745

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »
My gf works for Hyatt, and could look into rooms at the HB Hyatt (which is really nice) and right on PCH.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 01:31:15 AM »
My gf works for Hyatt, and could look into rooms at the HB Hyatt (which is really nice) and right on PCH.

Thanks for the offer.

The Shorebreak is the official hotel of the Mixer.  We have great rates from them just for Club Byron Mixer attendees.  Still, like the Hyatt it's on the pricey side.  Some guys are looking for more budget friendly accomodations.  The Residence Inn Marriott is a great choice.  The Hyatt and Hilton resorts on PCH are alternatives for those who have travel rewards they want to cash in.
nvgolfdude@live.com

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 02:24:36 AM »

************ RANT WARNING ! *************

While your all having a blast, I will be in Mexico City, enjoying smog and traffic jams,,,,,,,

but is is O.K., enjoy yourselves,,,,, don't worry about me    :-[   ,,,,, I will be O.K.,,,, :-\

Thank You

:)
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

yoshiod9

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »
That Marriott is almost full.....FYI.   Maybe we could get your girlfriend and my wife to shop??

Works for me, Shawn.  Haha.  My girlfriend has no problem spending money.  :)
Daniel

nvgolfdude

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 11:51:19 AM »

************ RANT WARNING ! *************

While your all having a blast, I will be in Mexico City, enjoying smog and traffic jams,,,,,,,

but is is O.K., enjoy yourselves,,,,, don't worry about me    :-[   ,,,,, I will be O.K.,,,, :-\

Thank You

:)

:'(   Someone get TJ a tissue please.

I'm sorry that you won't be there TJ.
nvgolfdude@live.com

kints

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
This isn't fitting into my budget...I may be with you TJ
Shawn

nvgolfdude

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 01:35:53 PM »
This isn't fitting into my budget...I may be with you TJ

Check your email.
nvgolfdude@live.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »
Shawn, there are a ton of low cost hotels in that area, man.  I stayed at the Howard Johnson's last year and it was ok-ish. 
Daniel

rrkman

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 03:22:48 PM »

I was looking at that Hyatt because they have what looks like a nice 'camp' program for kids.  So while I'm golfing, my wife can relax instead of entertaining the kids.  Don't get me wrong, we love our kids...it would just be nice for her to have some 'relaxation' time as well. ;)  So, if your gf knows of any deals, please let me know.  Thanks.

Pure745

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 03:27:18 PM »

I was looking at that Hyatt because they have what looks like a nice 'camp' program for kids.  So while I'm golfing, my wife can relax instead of entertaining the kids.  Don't get me wrong, we love our kids...it would just be nice for her to have some 'relaxation' time as well. ;)  So, if your gf knows of any deals, please let me know.  Thanks.

I might be able to work something out.  PM me some more details on dates etc.  That Hyatt is really nice btw.. I might even have to drop by and say hi to you guys and see some cool Byrons :)