Author Topic: Ghost Anser style about to ship  (Read 5070 times)

CourtGolf

Ghost Anser style about to ship
« on: September 21, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »
Listening to Teed Off on XM this morning - the putter guy from Taylormade said that the Anser style Rossa Ghost putters are going to start shipping as soon as today.  He didn't say what parts of the country or world they were going first, but they are on the way.

He also said that they will have several new styles coming out at the end of the year.
"Don't do anything well that you don't want to do again." - Bob from "Becker"

TLouko

• Woodhead Member No. 1962
Re: Ghost Anser style about to ship
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »
What is the appeal of the "ghosted" putters? Sales seem high but is it warranted? Is the white finish driving the sales alone or have the putters changed in some way as well?
"Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

CourtGolf

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
I'm sure just being different has at least a little to do with it, but the Taylormade guy said that their research supports the idea of the neutral white color helping with alignment.

The show has a re-run from 2-4pm and you can listen from PGATour.com on the PGA Tour Network link on the front page. 
"Don't do anything well that you don't want to do again." - Bob from "Becker"

jrsharp21

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 12:51:09 AM »
I putted around with one of these today at Golf Galaxy. Surprisingly, I loved the feel and the set up of the putter. The wheels are spinning now and thinking about picking one up.

jrsharp21

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 06:25:45 PM »
Picked up one of the Rossa Daytona Ghost putters today from a seller on Wrx. Got a good price on it. I will say that for me this putter was more about the white finish and the oddity / uniqueness of it more than the putter itself.

onetwo

• Roll Tide
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:15:41 AM »
I saw people talking about this putter on the golf channel I think its very cool. Can't wait to see it in person and try it out
Mills Mob, I'm talkin' about friendship. I'm talkin' about ...character. I'm talkin' about......ethics.

jr

flop2river

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I love that putter...

golfgeek314

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »
I think the appeal of them are that they give you the stark contrast from the green to the putter. Also I think there supposed to have less of a glare possibly. Seems like it's the next big thing in golf though.
What is the appeal of the "ghosted" putters? Sales seem high but is it warranted? Is the white finish driving the sales alone or have the putters changed in some way as well?

super20dan

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
its nothing more than a markitng gimmick. the white shows up on tv so joe 6 pack rushes out to buy one. nothing inovative about these and is just a fad and taylor made has shelled out big bucks to the pros to get them to use them. -its disgusting!

super20dan

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »
glad to see jason  day      gave up the ghost

golfgeek314

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
glad to see jason  day      gave up the ghost
I missed it, what is he gaming with now?