Author Topic: Bronchitis in the Summer WTF?  (Read 2718 times)

herbst20

Bronchitis in the Summer WTF?
« on: July 08, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »
Somehow I managed to get brochitis in the middle of Summer.  I am not on Azithromycin and an inhaler for the next week.   Seriously how the hell does this happen, I thought it was a winter illness?   

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Scott
In the Bag:
Titeist 910 D3
Titleist 910 17 Degree
Titleist 710 MB   4-PW
Bridgestone 54/60
Bettinardi DASS BB-0 
Bettinardi DASS BB-0 Pecans and Peaches 
Byron DH89
Byron 007 Spud
Byron Z Bomber (Gamer)
Scotty Cameron 2.6

CourtGolf

Re: Bronchitis in the Summer WTF?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:25:18 PM »
My dad gets bronchitis several times a year - it's no respector of the calendar.
"Don't do anything well that you don't want to do again." - Bob from "Becker"

sedowney

• Don't touch my Mills,... Capisce?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »
Have you been around any type of smoke? Bars, burning wood, etc. That gets me no matter the season of year.
Mills Mob

Gamer: Tour Bag Mills Center-shaft Tradition 2011

docbernie

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »
Scott

Bronchitis in the summer is far more common than most people would believe.  The reason is that people go outside and work or recreate and then when the become overheated they go inside to cool off.  If you go from outside (with a feels like temp of 90*+) to an airconditioned area of (75*) this allows moisture to build up in your lungs and the smallest exposure to any infectious germ will result in some form of lung irritation.

Doc

rrkman

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:43:16 PM »
Thanks Doc.....I guess I'll just take precaution and stay inside the whole time. ;)

herbst20

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 11:02:33 AM »
Doc.......you totally just nailed it.    I live in Iowa and recently vacationed to Gulf Shores, Alabama.  It was 95+ degrees everyday and we usually had the air conditioning at the beach house set to 68.  That would explain alot!   The symptons set in about 2 days after we left! 

Thanks, it is much appreciated!

Scott
In the Bag:
Titeist 910 D3
Titleist 910 17 Degree
Titleist 710 MB   4-PW
Bridgestone 54/60
Bettinardi DASS BB-0 
Byron DH89
Byron 007 Spud
Byron Z Bomber (Gamer)
Scotty Cameron 2.6

jh

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
Recreate outside? Usually you do that inside... right?

docbernie

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 06:55:45 PM »
Not only am I a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the other night.

Doc

puttronics

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 02:07:12 PM »
Not only am I a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the other night.

Doc

Now I know its gotta be true!

puttronics

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »
Doc.......you totally just nailed it.    I live in Iowa and recently vacationed to Gulf Shores, Alabama.  It was 95+ degrees everyday and we usually had the air conditioning at the beach house set to 68.  That would explain alot!   The symptons set in about 2 days after we left! 

Thanks, it is much appreciated!

Scott

What were the beaches like?  Did the BP oil spill have any effect in Alabama yet?  My daughter is going on vacation to Gulf Shores with her Aunt, Uncle and cousins in early August and I've been wondering what shape the beach is in.

herbst20

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »
We were down there June 13th-20th and the area we were in was amazing.  The oil had not hit yet and we had beautiful weather.   I do not know if you or your daughter are into the whole Facebook craze or not, but there is a page called ALABAMA GULF COAST.   It helped us out greatly.  They put updated pictures on there constantly.  Another site I followed closely before heading down was www.bruceatthebeach.net   He gives video blogs everyday!

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM

Scott
In the Bag:
Titeist 910 D3
Titleist 910 17 Degree
Titleist 710 MB   4-PW
Bridgestone 54/60
Bettinardi DASS BB-0 
Byron DH89
Byron 007 Spud
Byron Z Bomber (Gamer)
Scotty Cameron 2.6

puttronics

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
We were down there June 13th-20th and the area we were in was amazing.  The oil had not hit yet and we had beautiful weather.   I do not know if you or your daughter are into the whole Facebook craze or not, but there is a page called ALABAMA GULF COAST.   It helped us out greatly.  They put updated pictures on there constantly.  Another site I followed closely before heading down was www.bruceatthebeach.net   He gives video blogs everyday!

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM

Scott

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not a Facebook guy but my daughter is on it all the time.  I know my daughter will want to check out both websites.  I'm a single dad and I always worry about everything concerning her.  I'm not going but I want her to spend time with her mother's family.  She's so excited that's all she's been talking about.   Thanks again!