Author Topic: AUDuffer's Bettinardi Collection  (Read 9264 times)

AUDuffer

AUDuffer's Bettinardi Collection
« on: May 01, 2010, 03:01:29 PM »
I posted a list of all my putters, but wanted to post just the Bettinardis.  First up is my BB0 DASS (RJB2350), which I just picked up.  Love the finish and it will go out for its maiden voyage tomorrow.  It's got a red leather Gripmaster to go with the paintfill.

AUDuffer

Re: AUDuffer's Bettinardi Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »
Next up is the one that started it all--as soon as I saw this I had to have it and Nick was more than willing to start me on a downward spiral of addiction!   ;D  This is a BB8 Proto (RJB1531) in a black prism finish with the fly milled face.  I recently put a PVD shaft and a black Iomic grip on this bad boy and it's awesome!

AUDuffer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Number 3 is my BC7.  I was curious about this putter when it came out, but wasn't willing to spend the cash.  Now that they're so cheap on eBay I picked one up and gave it a new paintfill and matched it up with a blue Iomic grip.

AUDuffer

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 03:06:38 PM »
My BEM Proto is up next.  This thing is great although a little narrow for my tastes at address.  I really like the look of it though and the sight line on the top line is a nice touch.  Apparently not too many of these in the plumbers neck.  It is for sale if anyone's interested (post in the for sale section).

AUDuffer

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
Always have had a soft spot for the JAMs--just an aggressive look to these.  The Black Thunder finish on this JAM Tour (RJB2024) is awesome on this bad boy.  Orange Iomic grip to match the paintfill.

AUDuffer

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »
Here's a Mizuno JAM.   I really do like the Mizuno running bird logo and have always liked how it looks on the JAMs so when this one popped up on eBay I had to have it!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:14:44 PM by AUDuffer »

AUDuffer

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 03:17:25 PM »
Last, but not least, is this REALLY nice putter, which was talked about in the forums.  When over to check it out and snatched it up.  This is a BB8 Proto in Black Thunder with the modified FIT face.  It's really nice and the black Gripmaster grip is sweet!

Mrsmokey916

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »
Great putters you got there that bb8 looks familar for some reason LOL.

golfnut5438

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
Really nice group there!  How do you decide which one to game?  Multiple coin flips??

AUDuffer

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
Ha!  Right now I've played about a round with each of the newer ones.  I have another BB8 that's up at the Studio (RJB2043), which I really like.  I'm hoping I can pick out about 3-4 that I take with me to Rotterdam.

bogeyjosh

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »
Very cool putters and you have a great collection!  I think the BB8 with the square fit face is my favorite.
Sometimes, I play from the "forward" tees

AUDuffer

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 03:51:26 PM »
The fit face is sweet; just got it stretched out to 35" so I can't wait to take it for a spin again--might be in the rotation!

Tngolf77

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 09:33:14 AM »
Great looking putters I love the JAM as well it is my favorite but I really like the black prism finish too.  Great looking collection!

EB
Bettinardi HMM w/fit face

AUDuffer

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 01:04:57 PM »
The black prism finish is insane.  I don't even know that it looks as good in person as in the pictures.  Every time I take a photo it seems to look better than viewed with the naked eye.  Not that it isn't gorgeous otherwise, but the camera really catches the coloring just right.

indyvai

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »
Very Nice... love the JAM's!

AUDuffer

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
I was looking through my collection thread and noticed there's been quite a change from when I posted.  Of the putters in the collection back in May, I only have one remaining and that's the BB8, which I've come to realize is my putter style of choice.  I have them all over in terms of finish from the black prism to a chocolate oxide, nickel, and flamed.  Particular to the sight line and PNs with the exception of the two knurled necks, but those are too beautiful to pass up.  The lone non-BB8 in my group is the Blackhawks Stanley Cup putter, which was a must have and won't ever be gamed!

golfnut5438

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 02:53:37 PM »
Love the flamed knurled neck.  Do you have the registry number so I can look up the specs of my future putter??   ;)

AUDuffer

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 03:00:25 PM »
No registry number on the knurled neck!  And not on the foamed DASS PN fraternal twin I bought from Jimmy either.

Herd8497

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »
+1 on the knurled neck models.  Really nice collection!
It's all made in Cougar Country....Van Wert Steel

AUDuffer

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 07:36:52 AM »
Latest addition--I call it the flamed DASS knurled neck's fraternal twin.

jtitleist12

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »
Awesome collection!

What putter is pictured with the new Sig Series #2? 

-Josh

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
Awesome collection!

What putter is pictured with the new Sig Series #2? 

-Josh

Looks like a tour BB8

Nice collection Felix :)

gdy63

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
SWEET collection!!!!  ::)

AUDuffer

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 02:10:54 PM »
Jimmy should know about my collection; he's my main supplier!  That BB8 was done by the guys at Bettinardi after an exact one in Black Thunder had some issues during the refinish. Love this one and should see time in the bag because I love the simplicity of it.

indyvai

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 03:02:17 PM »
The honeycomb bumpers are a nice touch!  (Nothing beats twins eh?  One for the house, one for the car!)

AUDuffer

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »
You've got that right, Indy; they are beauties!

The man with no aim.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 06:32:37 PM »
Man, are you telling me you shipped those babies to the "flat-lands"

Heck what was the travel insurance premium :o

Great looking set, if you get over to UK be sure and look me up, we'll have blast.

Regards
T
rjb1910
Wanted, wanted, Dead or Alive

AUDuffer

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »
T, military post offices are great to have; overseas USPS shipping to a USPS address so no charges!

AUDuffer

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 10:05:39 AM »
This one isn't a new addition to the family although it's been over at Studio B getting refinished due to a nice big scuff from shipping here.  Check out the finish--this thing is definitely changed up and looks even better than its original Black Thunder finish (can be seen in reply #6)!  Not sure what the finish is although from the cavity I see some Borealis Black hints in the corners...

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 10:19:19 AM »
wow...finish looks great !

The man with no aim.

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 10:47:32 AM »
Real nice Felix, personally I'd have been tempted to instal a black prism shaft in it & take it into Stealth Mode.

However, I heard all black putters are hard to find when lent up against black golf bags.  Guess I'll just have to see for myself.

Regards
T
rjb1910
Wanted, wanted, Dead or Alive

jgallus

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 11:21:24 AM »
Real nice Felix, personally I'd have been tempted to instal a black prism shaft in it & take it into Stealth Mode.

However, I heard all black putters are hard to find when lent up against black golf bags.  Guess I'll just have to see for myself.

Regards
T

May be you should get rid of the black bag, or start drinking before you get to the course ;)
Gamer
BB0 TS Airstream DASS -RJB6088

AUDuffer

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »
I've got a black prism putter with a black prism shaft and it's sweet; I didn't know this one was coming back with this finish though--it was a pleasant surprise!