Author Topic: 2010 Test Panel Swag - What do you want? What's your budget?  (Read 10557 times)

nvgolfdude

• Born to golf. Forced to work.
2010 Test Panel Swag - What do you want? What's your budget?
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:56:19 AM »
OK, so one thing that came through in a previous poll was that test panel participants wanted to see us offer some test panel Swag.  So, what do you want, and what is your budget?
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

funkyfedora

Re: 2010 Test Panel Swag - What do you want? What's your budget?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:35:04 PM »
I think a wristband would be pretty cool. I collect different ones. I have quite a few on my golf bag. Different causes or events.

http://www.theawristocrat.com/silicone-bracelets-products.html/

Lanyards would be nice to.

http://www.theawristocrat.com/lanyards.html

DaveB00T

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »
I like the golf towel idea and just put the year on it. Don't list any putters b/c that could change.
Still would like a bag tag, same idea as above.
They would be easy to collect/store from year to year. 

Dave
The course options:
Byron Morgan - Blacks Beach DH89
Byron Morgan - Designed by Captain Morgan #13/25
Byron Morgan - Bombora 8)
Byron Morgan - Damascus Stainless Steel DH89
Scotty Cameron - CS NP Beach, TeI3 NPII gen2, CLN

nvgolfdude

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:45:45 PM »
I like the golf towel idea and just put the year on it. Don't list any putters b/c that could change.
Still would like a bag tag, same idea as above.
They would be easy to collect/store from year to year. 

Dave

Bag tags will be for Club Byron members.  We want to do something specific for the test panels.  As for the towels, we are planning to make them putter specific.  Ryan is working on some designs.  We'll get some samples done to be sure we like the product.  Our focus is on offering something that celebrates the putter model and is priced right so that you'll use it.  We'll see how it goes...
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

DaveB00T

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »
Dave,
Fair enough. I was just looking at the cost aspect at the end of the day, buying 100 in bulk vs. 10 specific.

Would this be considered to be mandatory or optional in the testing putter program?

Dave
The course options:

nvgolfdude

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:51:39 PM »
Dave,
Fair enough. I was just looking at the cost aspect at the end of the day, buying 100 in bulk vs. 10 specific.

Would this be considered to be mandatory or optional in the testing putter program?

Dave

Optional  :)

How about a FlatSticks beer cozy for those hot, muggy afternoons on the Jersey shore?  :P ;) 
nvgolfdude@live.com

DaveB00T

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 02:02:47 PM »
Dave,

Dave

Optional  :)

How about a FlatSticks beer cozy for those hot, muggy afternoons on the Jersey shore?  :P ;) 
Possibly and as long as those @sshats from that MTv show aren't on them. Although not sure if it would come in handy, open beers don't last too long with my friends(yes, including Pookie). Maybe a matching bottle opener and bar coasters set. I always need those in the summer. Bought a 500 pack of Sam Adams for last summer, I think I have 100 left.

Dave
The course options:

TonyT

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 02:12:57 PM »
SWAT

nvgolfdude

nvgolfdude@live.com

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

T.J.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 02:54:20 PM »
I have not used a bag tag in years!!!!!!!!

OK,,, here is my idea,,, how about small towels with a clip? you know, the size you can use when your on the green to clean your ball or putter?

Coasters wold be cool too,, if they can have stuff like the sally h/c, the round emblem, putter models, etc,etc,,,,,

nvgolfdude

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 02:55:18 PM »
SWAT

??? ??? ??

Nectar?

I hope not since that would WAY off topic.  Please, let's not muddy this thread with off topic posts.  We are trying to get important feedback here...
nvgolfdude@live.com

DaveB00T

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »
Since we are throwing things out there:
I would like a case of pint glasses with a mix of the Sally Seashore and the round logo, either on the same glass or two seperate styles. And the side of the glass and say "Product Tester".

Thank you,
Dave
The course options:

MSaternus

• Section Moderator
  • PluggedInGolf.com
    • PluggedInGolf.com
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 03:08:13 PM »
Not to be negative, but I would not be in for a towel, tshirt or bag...those are all items I have too many of as is. I am still excited about the bag tag. How about a limited hc for test groupers?
Putter Collection:

Byrons: 006 Black Oxide, 006 stainless, Dalehead, Dalehead Mini, 006 flow neck black ox, GSS Epic Day

Xenon: Copper Kurve

PluggedInGolf.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 04:01:13 PM »
Since we are throwing things out there:
I would like a case of pint glasses with a mix of the Sally Seashore and the round logo, either on the same glass or two seperate styles. And the side of the glass and say "Product Tester".

Thank you,
Dave

Preliminary cost looks like $335 for 36 16-OZ beer glasses with a 3-color FlatSticks logo on each glass.  Assumes Byron approves.
nvgolfdude@live.com

DaveB00T

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
Dave,
I found that the amount of colors is the determining factor when screening also. There is big difference between 2 and 3 colors.
If it was the Flatsticks logo and done with 2 colors, it wouldn't be too bad of a cost. 1 color would seem too flat and the logo doesn't lend itself to just 1 color.

Dave
The course options:

preacher

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 04:45:16 PM »
I like the limited hc idea :) Ogio bag is also pretty cool, cost is doable for most I would suspect.

--jason

nvgolfdude

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 04:51:05 PM »
Dave,
I found that the amount of colors is the determining factor when screening also. There is big difference between 2 and 3 colors.
If it was the Flatsticks logo and done with 2 colors, it wouldn't be too bad of a cost. 1 color would seem too flat and the logo doesn't lend itself to just 1 color.

Dave

$45 per color.  3 looks best with this logo - black, white, and and one of the following:  light orange, yellow, light teal, or light blue.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 04:52:55 PM »
I like the limited hc idea :) Ogio bag is also pretty cool, cost is doable for most I would suspect.

--jason

The place that I have hats, shirts, and the 2 stand bags made made me one as a thank you.  It turned out pretty good.  I'll get pictures of it next week.  I'm having them put a few more things on it.  I'll also have pictures of the one I'm doing for our fantasy golf league winter season winner.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
I hear you on the custom headcovers, but based on my recent conversations with Byron I don't see this happening for 2010.  What about wood covers with either Sally, Captain Morgan, or FlatSticks (one of these, not all of them)?
nvgolfdude@live.com

preacher

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »
Flatsticks logo on a fairway head cover would be cool.

--jason

MSaternus

• Section Moderator
  • PluggedInGolf.com
    • PluggedInGolf.com
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 05:23:19 PM »
I hear you on the custom headcovers, but based on my recent conversations with Byron I don't see this happening for 2010.  What about wood covers with either Sally, Captain Morgan, or FlatSticks (one of these, not all of them)?

I would definitely be down with a hybrid/fairway cover with the Flatsticks logo or Sally.  Preferably hybrid so I can get that god-awful yellow Adams cover out of the bag.
Putter Collection:

Byrons: 006 Black Oxide, 006 stainless, Dalehead, Dalehead Mini, 006 flow neck black ox, GSS Epic Day

Xenon: Copper Kurve

PluggedInGolf.com

T.J.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »

Now your talking! am up for anything surfer related,,,,,,

JArmour

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »
I can't vote seeing that I'd like either a fairway/hybrid cover or something else.  Mainly thinking about the glasses or Koozies/bottle opener. 

On a side note this company has some pretty cool koozy designs.

http://3dcoolie.com/about.php

Byron's:
Channel Island Heel Shafted- copper

JArmour

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 01:16:10 AM »
Also budget would be approx $50-$60
Byron's:
Channel Island Heel Shafted- copper

nvgolfdude

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 12:30:51 PM »
nvgolfdude@live.com

iannh

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
Is there a certain post count or time on the forum when someone qualifies to be on the test panels?

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »
Is there a certain post count or time on the forum when someone qualifies to be on the test panels?
Congrats! You qualify. :)

I don't there's a test or anything.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

iannh

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 01:01:57 PM »
Congrats! You qualify. :)

I don't there's a test or anything.

I was just curious if there was some sort of trust level that had to be formed first.  Cool, glad to hear it.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »

We like to know who you are.  As a Red Sox fan and aquaintance of pcirelli you are golden in my book.
nvgolfdude@live.com

kints

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 01:12:51 PM »
Dave, I have heard from a little birdie that you have one of those OGIO duffle bags....any chance we could see it?
Shawn

iannh

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 01:17:33 PM »

We like to know who you are.  As a Red Sox fan and aquaintance of pcirelli you are golden in my book.

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it. 

nvgolfdude

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »
Dave, I have heard from a little birdie that you have one of those OGIO duffle bags....any chance we could see it?

My personal one is being further adorned, and I have another one that is being made up for the winner of the Yahoo Fantasy Golf League (Winter season) that we sponsor.  These pics will have to wait until next week sometime.
nvgolfdude@live.com