Author Topic: 2010 Byron Test Putter Program - Poll #1  (Read 9351 times)

nvgolfdude

• Born to golf. Forced to work.
2010 Byron Test Putter Program - Poll #1
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »
We are 1/4 of the way into 2010, and it is time to crank up the test programs for this year.  I feel like last year we took a big step forward to enhance the program and improve the experience.  Still, I am not satisfied.  I want it to be better still.  I am working on improvements to the "putter tube" and alternatives.  What I would like to hear from those who participated in the 2009 test panels is what changes/improvements would you like to see.
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

MSaternus

• Section Moderator
  • PluggedInGolf.com
    • PluggedInGolf.com
Re: 2010 Byron Test Putter Program - Poll #1
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:53:06 PM »
Biggest thing for me would be cutting down the weight of the tube.  I think the testing fee is fine, personally, but when you have to ship the tube also it gets expensive.
Putter Collection:

Byrons: 006 Black Oxide, 006 stainless, Dalehead, Dalehead Mini, 006 flow neck black ox, GSS Epic Day

Xenon: Copper Kurve

PluggedInGolf.com

sactown

• I date a lot of putters, no wedding yet...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
While cutting the panel size would help them to finish quicker, the cap could leave a lot of people out of luck for testing.

Also, no test putter should have "Matthew Saternus" stamped on the bumpers. :)
My Bag...
Driver: Cobra Fly Z+
Woods:  Cobra King F7 3W/5W
Irons:  Mizuno JPX EZ-Forged
Wedges:  Mizuno S5 Blue Ion 50/55/61
Putter:  Carbon Holliday Prototype

Club Byron #233

kints

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:23:02 PM »
I dont care what it is...I just want to test something!
Shawn

JArmour

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:34:52 PM »
Biggest thing for me would be cutting down the weight of the tube.  I think the testing fee is fine, personally, but when you have to ship the tube also it gets expensive.

+1
Byron's:
Channel Island Heel Shafted- copper

nvgolfdude

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 11:02:18 PM »
While cutting the panel size would help them to finish quicker, the cap could leave a lot of people out of luck for testing.

Also, no test putter should have "Matthew Saternus" stamped on the bumpers. :)

I would have more test panels of fewer testers to accomodate all that are interested...
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

sactown

• I date a lot of putters, no wedding yet...
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »
That I do like.  I was thinking smaller panels of the same number...
Maybe concentrated geographically to cut down on postage costs and transit time.
My Bag...
Driver: Cobra Fly Z+
Woods:  Cobra King F7 3W/5W
Irons:  Mizuno JPX EZ-Forged
Wedges:  Mizuno S5 Blue Ion 50/55/61
Putter:  Carbon Holliday Prototype

Club Byron #233

preacher

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 03:59:03 AM »
I definetly do not mind some cost associated with the testing program. I would like to see more testers get opportunity to participate in the program.

--jason

nvgolfdude

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 06:23:24 PM »
BTW, if you have ideas to improve the test panel that are not in the poll, don't be bashful.  Post them here.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »
OK, what kind of swag?  Price point?  8)
nvgolfdude@live.com

JArmour

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »
Bag Tags!
Byron's:

funkyfedora

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 08:47:26 PM »
Like this?

JArmour

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »
Nope got that one. I want a milled one.
Byron's:

funkyfedora

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
A milled Bag tag? Hm... Interesting.

kints

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 09:42:45 PM »
milled sounds great!
Shawn

MSaternus

• Section Moderator
  • PluggedInGolf.com
    • PluggedInGolf.com
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »
Desired swag: Milled bag tag
Desired price point: Free!

In all seriousness, I have no idea what milling a bag tag would cost, so I might be way out of line, but if it could be personalized with engraving or stamping, I would be first in line at $50.
Putter Collection:

Byrons: 006 Black Oxide, 006 stainless, Dalehead, Dalehead Mini, 006 flow neck black ox, GSS Epic Day

PluggedInGolf.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 12:34:25 AM »
What do you think of one based on this (the surfboard, not the hat  ;) )?
nvgolfdude@live.com

funkyfedora

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »
I still like the Club Byron logo and think it is under used... Maybe the CB logo? I will try to do a quick Photoshop mock up...

funkyfedora

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 02:00:45 AM »
Here it is.

JArmour

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 02:01:25 AM »
Honestly I love every logo that is involved with the company.  For something that's going to last I'd be willing to put out enough money to buy it. 

Other putter companies have put them out at a decent price point.  Not saying I want to skimp on it but I think it can be done and appease most of the potential customers. 

Hopefully my post doesn't sound too negative or rude, it's late and I need some sleep :) I'll be dreaming of a milled bag tag with paint fill to match my UTenn Sun Mountain carry bag!!!!
Byron's:

nvgolfdude

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
Here it is.
I still like the Club Byron logo and think it is under used... Maybe the CB logo? I will try to do a quick Photoshop mock up...

The thing is that is not the Club Byron logo anymore.  Byron never cared for that logo much.  Presently this is the logo...
nvgolfdude@live.com

kints

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 12:47:47 PM »
Honestly I love every logo that is involved with the company.  For something that's going to last I'd be willing to put out enough money to buy it. 

Other putter companies have put them out at a decent price point.  Not saying I want to skimp on it but I think it can be done and appease most of the potential customers. 

Hopefully my post doesn't sound too negative or rude, it's late and I need some sleep :) I'll be dreaming of a milled bag tag with paint fill to match my UTenn Sun Mountain carry bag!!!!

The logo that I am using as my avatar is my favorite.  I am assuming Ryan did this one.  I have to go with Funky though I like the CB logo a lot.
Shawn

funkyfedora

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »
Aww... Drat.

MSaternus

• Section Moderator
  • PluggedInGolf.com
    • PluggedInGolf.com
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
What do you think of one based on this (the surfboard, not the hat  ;) )?

I like the surfboard, though if I had my druthers the bag tag would be the shape and size of the hole.  I am aware that this is what another putter maker does, but the putting greens around me are always crowded and I would get a lot of use of out a hole-sized bag tag.
Putter Collection:

PluggedInGolf.com

eddiea54

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »
I really like the Surfboard Idea and would be down with a handstamped milled "bag-tag"...... lol....typing that kinda hurt.  Not a big fan of the C B logo, much prefer the putterhead one.
ea.byronputters@gmail.com

www.byronputters.com

The Roll Abides

nvgolfdude

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 05:41:18 PM »
As for shape of the bag tag, we want to do something that is unique.  There are lots of round, square, rectangular, triangle bag tags out there.  I've been working on various ideas with free-form shapes, but I think a surfboard shaped version is the way to go...
nvgolfdude@live.com