Author Topic: Palm Springs Golf  (Read 3380 times)

thepeak

Palm Springs Golf
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:09:21 AM »
Heading that way in a couple of weeks and looking for some nice , not overly expensive courses to play. Any suggestions and ideas as to costs to play. My friend has us going to Temecula on the first day to play but otherwise I don't want to travel too far away from the PS area. Thanks for any assistance

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
Re: Palm Springs Golf
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »
I loved the courses at LaQuinta Resort & Club

http://www.laquintaresort.com/?WT.srch=1

Jimmy

thepeak

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 02:24:42 PM »
Thanks Jimmy
I will check this out. Any idea when it starts getting dark there, can we golf at 1.00 and still get a full round in?

golfnut5438

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
Should be able to play until 7:30 at least.  Depending on your $$ requirements, you can play some really nice courses in Palm Desert.  You are at the end of prime season so the rates are a little high right now.  Desert Willow is a public course with 2 nice courses.  PGA West can't be beat either.  Play the Dye Stadium course there at least once in your life.  Another nice course is at the Marriott Shadowridge, a Nick Faldo course.  Can't beat the weather there this time of year either.

thepeak

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 06:03:21 PM »
Thanks Golfnut
Ive been checking the temps there for the past week and can't wait. Guess i should have planned a bit better and gone about 4 weeks later for lower rates. Well it still beats the weather here :)