Author Topic: Carnoustie  (Read 3896 times)

ncboiler

• Adios
Carnoustie
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »
Probably the hardest golf course that I have ever played!  It didn't help that the wind was blowing 30-40 mph but even without the wind I'm sure it would still be one of the hardest courses I've ever played. 

Three of the best finishing holes out there -- #16 - 235 yd par 3, #17 - 433 yd par 4, and #18 444 yd par 4.  I made par on 2 of the 3 -- didn't make par on 17.

benjatt

Re: Carnoustie
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:58:28 AM »
fantastic photos, thank you.
Bettinardi skins game

MoaningM

• Old Tom Morris...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:00:42 AM »
Now that's a proper course! as ben says great photo's, how did you score around there

ncboiler

• Adios
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:27:59 AM »
Now that's a proper course! as ben says great photo's, how did you score around there

It was quite simple really, I just sent an email to the club and they took my money.  Carnoustie only allows guests to play after 3pm.  That is the biggest difference between the UK and the US -- you can get on the great courses in the UK with a phone call/email. 

MoaningM

• Old Tom Morris...
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:42:42 AM »

It was quite simple really, I just sent an email to the club and they took my money.  Carnoustie only allows guests to play after 3pm.  That is the biggest difference between the UK and the US -- you can get on the great courses in the UK with a phone call/email. 

LOL! No sorry I meant what score did you do round Carnoustie.......

ncboiler

• Adios
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:49:54 AM »
LOL  sorry, my bad.

I struggled and shot 92.  Most of my problems were on the first 9 and played much better on the back 9 except for #17 where I took a snowman -- hit it into the burn off the tee (shouldn't have been able to reach it into the wind  LOL and then lost a ball in the gorse)  tough hole!

MoaningM

• Old Tom Morris...
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 10:04:13 AM »
Tough hole, tough course all round, your score is'nt bad at all for a first look....

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »
Aaron your a stud !

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jimmy

FairwayFred

• Section Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 07:19:16 PM »
Carnoustie is a MUST play for anyone that is over in that part of Scotland.  I had a fantastic day out there with my father and a good friend and his father.  I stood on the par 5 6th tee 1 under par.  I proceeded to hit the green in 2.  Then I 3 putted for par and ended up shooting 81!  LOL.  The back 9 was just brutal coming into the wind.  I made one of the best pars of my life on the par 3 16th hitting driver, 7 iron to 15 feet and making the putt.  17 was so down wind that I could not stop my ball from rolling out into the burn.  I hit driver, 3 wood, 4 iron on 18 there was so much wind in our face.  It was so much fun I wanted to go right back out after I putted out on 18 for my 6! 
Ari Techner
President/CEO
Scratch Golf Clubs
Certified Putter Ho