Author Topic: 2010 Club Byron Mixer  (Read 55887 times)

eddiea54

Re: 2010 Club Byron Mixer
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »
Man, I wish I could go.  This sounds like alot of fun.  To bad i am in WV.... It sound awesome.   tear, tear, sniffle
ea.byronputters@gmail.com

www.byronputters.com

The Roll Abides

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2010, 08:32:33 PM »
I promise weather will be a whole lot better in HB than Pittsburgh in March.  ;D 8)
Hmm, flights from Pittsburgh are looking very cheap to John Wayne...it's right before my birthday too!

I am not kidding when I say bring some shorts,,,,,,,, and sunscreen,,,,,,,,,,, and a camera,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2010, 03:13:58 PM »
Well, I've been checking out the flights going into John Wayne and they are very reasonable and actually cheaper than flying into LAX, right now I'd say there is an 85% I'll be able to make it!  I'll most likely be arriving Thursday night and leaving Sunday morning.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2010, 03:47:32 PM »
Alright!!  ;D

Well, I've been checking out the flights going into John Wayne and they are very reasonable and actually cheaper than flying into LAX, right now I'd say there is an 85% I'll be able to make it!  I'll most likely be arriving Thursday night and leaving Sunday morning.
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2010, 04:45:35 PM »
 I'll be arriving late Wednesday... Anyone want to play golf on Thursday the 18th?
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

Hungsolo

« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2010, 11:43:11 PM »
I'll be arriving late Wednesday... Anyone want to play golf on Thursday the 18th?
Funny if we have to be 500 miles from home to play golf together, considering we probably live 8 miles apart.  I'll be there the entire week and would love to play.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2010, 12:11:20 AM »

Hand up!  8)
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

funkyfedora

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2010, 12:12:03 AM »
Helmet cam that day? ;)

RYMAIL00

« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2010, 06:47:55 AM »
I know it's a bit last minute, but I'm seriously considering making the trip now.  Is anyone else going to be flying in from out of town?  That's not the part I'm worried about (I flew 95,000 miles last year :) ), I've just never flown across the country with my clubs...

LOL, I know flying w/ clubs can be sketchy. My last job was in avaition, and I worked on the flight ramp.  Ramp techs have NO regard for ANY bags. Its crame the bins w/ as many bags as you can as fast as you can. We used to have 737's fly out and the bin is about 15 feet up in the air and bags would fall of the loading belt all the time. Golf bags would fall on the heads from 15 feet up, and I would cringe thinking if my clubs were in those bags falling off the belt I would be scared sh!tless.

I would suggest packaging up and shipping through FEDEX/UPS/USPS about a week prior. Spend the $20-50 on the insurance its definitely worth it. Usually its $1 for every $100. Also it will cost maybe $0-20 more to ship than it would cost to buy an extra bag for the flight, might even be cheaper.

Also where I worked TSA had to usually open up most golf and check them personally and they would have to pull every thing out and and swab it looking for explosives or drugs. TSA is checkin 100's of bags so they just throw all the stuff back in  quickly usually never how you packed it. So if you have towels around the heads or anything like that for more protection it usally wont be placed back in the way you had it. Its probably different at larger airports but this how they did it where I worked.

So I would just ship them.

Just my $.02
Ryan
TM SLDR 430 8.5*, Tensei Pro White 70s
Titleist 917FD D+ Plus 80S
TItleist 915H 21* D+ 90
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90
Titleist 718 AP2 5-Gap Steelfiber i95S
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Byron 006 Solid Copper Makers Proof 4/5
TP Mills Softail
Byron DH11
Byron 006
C&L CL1
Odyssey #7S

yoshiod9

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »

What time are you guys going to be playing?  I'm driving down Thursday morning and if I'm in the area, I'll be more than happy to play.  If I recall correctly, don't we all live within 100 miles from each other? 
Daniel

TonyT

« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2010, 11:29:20 AM »
Do we know what the Bombora is going to look like?

T

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »

What time are you guys going to be playing?  I'm driving down Thursday morning and if I'm in the area, I'll be more than happy to play.  If I recall correctly, don't we all live within 100 miles from each other? 

Let's see... Dave lives about 90 minutes east of me. I think Yoshiod9 lives about 90 minutes west of me and Hungsolo lives about 8 miles around the corner. LOL let's all play golf 500 miles south of us.

No plans yet except I booked my room, and I'm driving down after work on Wednesday, so I'll be in HB Thursday looking for a round of golf. I suggest something cheap, so I can save some money for the other rounds and goodies. The only course I've played down there is Costa Mesa. It's a lot like Bing Maloney or Hagin Oaks or Mather in Sacramento.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2010, 11:41:03 AM »

Let's see... Dave lives about 90 minutes east of me. I think Yoshiod9 lives about 90 minutes west of me and Hungsolo lives about 8 miles around the corner. LOL let's all play golf 500 miles south of us.

No plans yet except I booked my room, and I'm driving down after work on Wednesday, so I'll be in HB Thursday looking for a round of golf. I suggest something cheap, so I can save some money for the other rounds and goodies. The only course I've played down there is Costa Mesa. It's a lot like Bing Maloney or Hagin Oaks or Mather in Sacramento.

Mile Square has 2 courses, played them both.
Black Gold was suggested by Byron.
nvgolfdude@live.com

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2010, 11:57:42 AM »
http://www.milesquaregolfcourse.com

Looks good to me. We have a foursome if Yoshiod9 makes it. Dave, Tony, Ryan.
Anymore putterheads want to play?
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2010, 12:03:30 PM »
Maybe I'll drive down on Wednesday night and sleep with a friend in L.A. or in my car in HB.  Now I have to make a phone call... :D
Daniel

Hungsolo

« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »
Black Gold is a nice course, but it was pretty slow and around 80 bucks the last time I played there.  It also might be an hour from HB with traffic.

I would be down to try miles square if the wife will let me.

2011USAMPlayer

« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2010, 02:09:43 PM »
Im in on the 3 night 2 day tourney

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2010, 02:14:27 PM »
Black Gold is a nice course, but it was pretty slow and around 80 bucks the last time I played there.  It also might be an hour from HB with traffic.

I'm in for Miles square. Looks like there are two courses there for under 40 bucks on Thursday.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »

I'm in for Miles square. Looks like there are two courses there for under 40 bucks on Thursday.

The Classic course is the better course.  Black Gold may be one of the courses we play during the Mixer.  They told Byron that they'd make us a sweet deal.
nvgolfdude@live.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2010, 03:10:55 PM »
Ok--I'll be driving down Wed. after work, for sure.  I'm going to make my reservation at Shorebreak tomorrow (have to go to the bank to transfer some money-- I'm poor!).  I'm definitely ready for some golf. 
Daniel

yoshiod9

« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2010, 12:41:28 AM »
Booked my hotel stay (a few nights at a Howard Johnson and Friday and Saturday at the Shorebreak).  Cannot wait for this to happen! :)
Daniel

Z-MAN

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »
As much as I wanted to go..

Who wouldn`t want to have fun and golf with a bunch of great guys..Get a start on the golf season ..warm up after a long winter . the list could go on and on....

I am not going to be able to attend. My wife has put the kibosh on my plans. I will there in spirit and hope to attend the next one

nvgolfdude

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2010, 12:12:50 PM »
Steve, I have a built in video camera and sound on my laptop.  Get yourself one for you home computer, and we'll video call you with some of the guys during the event.   :)
nvgolfdude@live.com

funkyfedora

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
Skype conference call?  ;D I have everything on my computer.

simmons_m

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2010, 12:09:24 AM »
Jealous guys, count me in in '11.
Mike

iballman

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2010, 12:12:58 AM »
I could meet in Wisconsin for a few drinks.
Patrick Gibbons makes one darn good scorecard holder.  Some serious goods there.  Top notch.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2010, 08:24:37 PM »
For those who make it to Huntington Beach for our 1st Ever Mixer you will have the chance to purchase a special release putter exclusive to the Mixer.  It will be the new Bombora model, an addition to Byron's line-up for 2010.  This particular putter will be a limited edition for the event.  If you have RSVP'd watch your email for more information in the coming days.  If you have not yet confirmed your attendance, please get your RSVP into me (david@byronputters.com) so that you can learn more about this special putter.

In addition, finalist (Ryan) is working on a sweet tee shirt for the event.  His design will include the screen names of everyone who attends, sort of concert style.  Instead of tour stops, we'll have screen names.

Hope to see you in HB!    8)
nvgolfdude@live.com

bruinmw

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2010, 11:17:21 PM »
I might be able to make it for Friday events, but I'm out for Saturday.  Got a club tourney that weekend.

Oh, I'm local to Socal, and grew up in HB, so it's easy for me to get out there for the day if I take the day off...
rjb 1597 - bb1 oh yeah pro to
rjb retro bb1 studio b proto
rjb 1728 - bb1 large honeycomb proto
rjb JAM
rjb bb8 proto

funkyfedora

« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »

In addition, finalist (Ryan) is working on a sweet tee shirt for the event.  His design will include the screen names of everyone who attends, sort of concert style.  Instead of tour stops, we'll have screen names.

Can we have a MIA section for those of us who can't attend?

nvgolfdude

« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2010, 12:28:33 AM »

Can we have a MIA section for those of us who can't attend?

Maybe a "wish you were here" version?  :P
nvgolfdude@live.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2010, 01:49:58 AM »
Dave, any idea how much the new putter will cost?  I might need to start saving now. :D
Daniel

HULL17RW

« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2010, 03:19:38 AM »
Guys Mile Square has two nice courses. Not easy not difficult, not overly long either. The condition isn't always the best but for the money it is a good test. They are good at handling large groups and have a banquet room depending on how many go. Also I have heard here locally the Navy Golf Course in Cypress is now open to the public. That is where Earl Woods took Tiger alot. Sounds like a cool Mixer you have planned.
Kevin
HULL17RW
Kevin --- a.k.a. "KevDogg"-----

Mills Mob Goodfella's- KevDogg, Papa Smurf, Shay-D, K-Shaw and Jaybird!

Mills Mob Ladies- Bambi.

Mills Mob- Represent!

"You can't control a Mob, only hope to contain them"

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2010, 01:44:37 PM »
Miles Square is where the early birds will be playing on Thursday (Hungsolo, Yoshiod9, NVgolfdude, finalist, and anyone else?). I'm not sure where we're scheduled for Friday and Saturday. Dave?
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

2011USAMPlayer

« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »
Man, I was just in CA playing now back in PA Freezing. Wait, let me check my miles, I might be able to make it down. Still Time?

nvgolfdude

« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
Miles Square is where the early birds will be playing on Thursday (Hungsolo, Yoshiod9, NVgolfdude, finalist, and anyone else?). I'm not sure where we're scheduled for Friday and Saturday. Dave?

Still waiting on folks to firm up their plans.  I probably won't finalize golf plans until about 3-4 weeks out.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »
Man, I was just in CA playing now back in PA Freezing. Wait, let me check my miles, I might be able to make it down. Still Time?

Yes, Mat there is still time.  I'll email you some 411 tonight.  There's no question the SoCal in March will look a lot better for golf than PA.  8)
nvgolfdude@live.com

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2010, 12:05:01 PM »
Get those last few putting practice sessions in... 9 weeks to go.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2010, 04:25:56 PM »
Nine weeks!  Awesome. 
Daniel

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2010, 05:51:38 PM »

Still waiting on folks to firm up their plans.  I probably won't finalize golf plans until about 3-4 weeks out.
Fri & Sat Shop Tours,Golf- Count me in!
Fri. Night Social- Maybe.
Sat Night Social- Am in!

TJ
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

putter

• Will Be Mine Soon.....
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »
Does anyone know if Orange County is near to Huntington Beach (Club Byron Mixer location)?  Am not familiar with South California at all and I hope to make it for the event if everything goes well. :) :)

DaveB00T

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2010, 12:09:55 PM »
Putter,
Orange County Airport(aka John Wayne) is close. It's about 15 to 20 minutes away.

Thank You,
Dave
The course options:
Byron Morgan - Blacks Beach DH89
Byron Morgan - Designed by Captain Morgan #13/25
Byron Morgan - Bombora 8)
Byron Morgan - Damascus Stainless Steel DH89
Scotty Cameron - CS NP Beach, TeI3 NPII gen2, CLN

nvgolfdude

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2010, 01:51:34 PM »
Does anyone know if Orange County is near to Huntington Beach (Club Byron Mixer location)?  Am not familiar with South California at all and I hope to make it for the event if everything goes well. :) :)

Hey, this gentleman is coming all the way from Singapore to attend!!  ;D
nvgolfdude@live.com

kints

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2010, 01:55:19 PM »
I want to be there.  :(
Shawn

putter

• Will Be Mine Soon.....
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2010, 08:06:02 AM »
Putter,
Orange County Airport(aka John Wayne) is close. It's about 15 to 20 minutes away.

Thank You,
Dave

Thanks for the info Dave.  :)

DaveB00T

« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2010, 09:19:10 AM »
Putter,
no problem, have a safe trip out. I will see you over there.

Dave
The course options:
Byron Morgan - Blacks Beach DH89
Byron Morgan - Designed by Captain Morgan #13/25
Byron Morgan - Bombora 8)
Byron Morgan - Damascus Stainless Steel DH89
Scotty Cameron - CS NP Beach, TeI3 NPII gen2, CLN

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2010, 02:04:18 PM »
Are you guys bringing more than just your gamer putter if you have more than one Byron? I think one of the best treats of this whole thing is to try some new neck and head combos that I've never rolled, but have seen pics of on here. I'm bringing my game bag of clubs to play and another bag of just putters.

What are you guys bringing?
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
I just hope we make it off the practice green!
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

dfabilene

• Newest Addition
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2010, 02:09:37 PM »
I'm bringing several putters - some that I might like to trade.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »
Yes, please bring all your favorite Byron putters to show and tell.  ;D

Are you guys bringing more than just your gamer putter if you have more than one Byron? I think one of the best treats of this whole thing is to try some new neck and head combos that I've never rolled, but have seen pics of on here. I'm bringing my game bag of clubs to play and another bag of just putters.

What are you guys bringing?
nvgolfdude@live.com

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2010, 02:40:43 PM »
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com