Author Topic: LONG BEACH/LA COUNTY Golf Courses  (Read 4019 times)

HULL17RW

LONG BEACH/LA COUNTY Golf Courses
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »
I grew up playing Junior Golf and High School Golf in the Lakewood/Long Beach in Los Angeles County. I am going to do a short rundown of some courses for people maybe wanting to play the local tracks rather than a High End or Resort course.

Recreation Park Golf Course- Hilly, nice classic Riviera type feel, some really nice and challenging Par 3's. There is also and Excecutive 9 Hole across the street locals refer to as Little Rec. This is a busy track and calling ahead in advance is a must. Range is a bit small but does the job.

Skylinks Golf Course- Right across the street from Long Beach Airport, a flat course that had a recent renovation with some Hazards added, some nice Par 5's and lots of Birdie chances, Great finishing hole, big range.

El Dorado park Golf Course- Located in and around the large El Dorado Park, very busy, also had some recent rennovations, Some tough Par 3's including #9 and a lot of dog legs, this is a very classic Park Golf course, Range, Coffee shop.

Lakewood Country Club- (Yes public) held the Long Beach and Queen Mary Open for many years, a lot of PGA Players played tournaments here including Mark O'Meara, Sam Snead, Mac O' Grady, Byron Nelson and others. This is a really nice Championship feel type Golf Course, some memorable holes including #2, 6, 12, 15 and 18. The 5th Hole is a long Par 3 from the tips and is very tough as well as the long Par 4 6th. Smal Range, Coffee shop, Nice practice green and bunker.

These are all nice courses that are reasonable and offer some nice golf and some great holes.

Kevin
HULL17RW
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:02:38 AM by reflog74 »
Kevin --- a.k.a. "KevDogg"-----

Mills Mob Goodfella's- KevDogg, Papa Smurf, Shay-D, K-Shaw and Jaybird!

Mills Mob Ladies- Bambi.

Mills Mob- Represent!

"You can't control a Mob, only hope to contain them"

Byron Morgan

Re: LONG BEACH/LA COUNTY Golf Courses
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:52:52 PM »
Kevin,
I'm from Lakewood too, where's the love for Hartwell Golf Course?  Tiger played Hartwell a lot.

HULL17RW

Re: LONG BEACH/LA COUNTY Golf Courses
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
Kevin,
I'm from Lakewood too, where's the love for Hartwell Golf Course?  Tiger played Hartwell a lot.

Hey Byron, I was going to add Heartwell and Ironwood but never did. I also played Heartwell as a kid so I will ASAP.

Kevin
HULL17RW
Kevin --- a.k.a. "KevDogg"-----

Mills Mob Goodfella's- KevDogg, Papa Smurf, Shay-D, K-Shaw and Jaybird!

Mills Mob Ladies- Bambi.

Mills Mob- Represent!

"You can't control a Mob, only hope to contain them"