Author Topic: SAN ANTONIO, TX  (Read 5555 times)

seth pistol

SAN ANTONIO, TX
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:27:30 PM »
sorry to post this in the club house but it seems no one really reads the course recommendations board on PT.

anyone from san antonio?  wanted to play 1 round while i was there and needed a recommendation.  from what i've read, la cantera palmer course is the choice however i've also heard that pecan valley, the quarry, hyatt hill country, bandit, and the republic are all also good choices.  i only have time for 1 round so i want the best available.  help!

Venno

• Section Moderator
  • TourStockPutters.com
    • TourStockPutters
Re: SAN ANTONIO, TX
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 12:06:53 AM »
Have lots of family down there, The Quarry is cool, love that place! Pecan Valley is nice but not great in IMHO, and I only got 9 in at La Cantera last time I was down there due to weather, but it was SWEEEEEET. Awesome condition as well.

Follow us on Twitter! @TourStockPutter

reflog74

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:25:19 AM »
sorry to post this in the club house but it seems no one really reads the course recommendations board on PT.

anyone from san antonio?  wanted to play 1 round while i was there and needed a recommendation.  from what i've read, la cantera palmer course is the choice however i've also heard that pecan valley, the quarry, hyatt hill country, bandit, and the republic are all also good choices.  i only have time for 1 round so i want the best available.  help!

Especially if you don't use it.

John

burns9304

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »
I'm from San Antonio and I completely disagree with Venno for the most part regarding Pecan Valley and the Quarry.  I LOVE Pecan Valley; play it everytime I'm in town and always enjoy the challenge.  Great course with the hardest hole in San Antonio IMHO (#14).  I HATE the Quarry.  Front nine is boring and the round starts off with a blind shot with a hazard at the end of the fairway in play if you hit more than a long iron.

Other courses that I like are the Bandit and La Cantera Resort course.  The La Cantera Palmer course is a little too tricked up IMO.

Here is my rank for playable SA courses:
1. Pecan Valley
2. The Bandit (Good mix of holes and challenging)
3. La Cantera Resort (Always in great shape, fairly easy but very fun)

Double Rods

• Don't threaten me with a good time.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:05:21 PM »
I'm from San Antonio and I completely disagree with Venno for the most part regarding Pecan Valley and the Quarry.  I LOVE Pecan Valley; play it everytime I'm in town and always enjoy the challenge.  Great course with the hardest hole in San Antonio IMHO (#14).  I HATE the Quarry.  Front nine is boring and the round starts off with a blind shot with a hazard at the end of the fairway in play if you hit more than a long iron.

Other courses that I like are the Bandit and La Cantera Resort course.  The La Cantera Palmer course is a little too tricked up IMO.

Here is my rank for playable SA courses:
1. Pecan Valley
2. The Bandit (Good mix of holes and challenging)
3. La Cantera Resort (Always in great shape, fairly easy but very fun)

I would make a run at Briggs Ranch if you can.  I think they will accommodate you unaccompanied if ask nicely. 

My buddy Jody was pro there for a long time.  Sadly, he's left to pursue other interests.  There went my hookup. 

garth

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »
+1 for the Bandit!

puttslayer

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
Pecan Valley shut down FYI. Last I heard, they were deciding whether to keep it or turn it into a shopping mall.

gazzyazz

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
Need to play the Westin's courses.  The resort course has some great holes and moderate difficulty.  The Palmer course has some amazing scenery and plays a little more difficult. 
Jack

www.averagejackgolf.com

Nead JL13 AlBz
SC Newport 2
Lajosi DD201WB (mermaid)
Xenon kUrve
Xenon kUtlass
Never Compromise GM2 exchange
Rife Cayman Tropical series

Bule1101

• Section Moderator
  • Ivan@xenongolf.com
    • Xenon Golf
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 01:43:29 PM »
Agreed!

The Palmer course is pretty neat and a great deal. We had loads of fun in the middle of winter
Xenon Handmades: TyeDye with hubcaps, "lil sKUnk" CuNi small-block, SS Handmade 84 with Ti Dama and Cu inserts
Also: Lajosi Damascus Bayzie, Byron SS Bombora, SSB SurfSide Mannkrafted Wave, Tad Moore Pro 1 Northern Lights, Machine Big Bore

www.xenongolf.com

gazzyazz

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 01:53:18 PM »
Finally played the Quarry course and it is fun.  Plays a little short but fun
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:55:09 PM by gazzyazz »
Jack

www.averagejackgolf.com

Nead JL13 AlBz
SC Newport 2
Lajosi DD201WB (mermaid)
Xenon kUrve