Author Topic: jr's Former Cameron Collection  (Read 29514 times)

withdrew

Re: jr's Former Cameron Collection
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
I am speechless

tm golf guy

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 08:31:41 PM »
JR,

I'm not a Cameron fan, but that was a stunning collection. Do you ever miss it? Or too many memories of other things to miss it?

William

jr

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 08:46:05 PM »
I miss having the collection I had. There were some beautiful putter and most of them were in the same condition that they were when they were first made. The early Cameron stuff, the retail putters and the limited editions (1 of 100 or 200) were great putters, much different than todays Cameron retail putters.

wentorf11

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2009, 10:44:48 AM »
jr - amazing collection!!! I can't even imagine what caused you to sell those off.  Thanks for sharing.

cuccia69

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
that is more than an amazing collection. i can only imagine how much time and money went into just what is shown not to mention all the others. thanks for sharing!

JTeke

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2010, 01:09:01 PM »
JR...that is an awesome collection!!  You're a very lucky guy, I fear that if I ever get the money to start collecting high scale, expensive Camerons...I'd never be able to part ways with them!  Especially the BBC, Copper Classic, or the Sterling Tei3...those are so sexy...I'm looking for a newport head thats copper (not a Cameron) but in my price range I can't really afford one at the moment.  Tuition for Law School sucks!
One Putt...at a time

rrkman

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2010, 10:22:40 AM »
John....just stuck my head in here again.   Everytime I paged down, I I changed my mind as to which one I would pick if I could only have one.  Thanks for sharing.

JCrizzle

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »
wowww
thats one hell of a collection

JTeke

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
Are those G. Loomis shafts in some of those classics/copper anser head style putters? If so, whats your thoughts on them?
One Putt...at a time

jr

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »
Yes, some of the early special Cameron's had G. Loomis shafts. Beautiful shafts and pretty rare. I never putted with any of the putters that had that shaft. I no longer have any of the putters or other items shown in this thread.

golfer4life

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2010, 07:53:27 PM »
One of the most beautiful Cameron collections I have ever seen.  It is unfortunate, but I understand :-)

Hector

JTeke

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
I've got a putter on the way with a Loomis Shaft in it...so I'm interested in any information/feedback on them that I can get.
One Putt...at a time

Venno

• Section Moderator
  • TourStockPutters.com
    • TourStockPutters
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2010, 11:05:04 PM »
I owned an S. Cameron Tour Classic 1 with a G Loomis Graphite X Flex 9 Iron shaft (stock) It was supposedly made for Davis Love III but never confirmed. Felt odd in my opinion, shaft actually felt hard which I didnt expect. Maybe too stiff?

Follow us on Twitter! @TourStockPutter

razaar

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2010, 04:35:37 AM »
jr

I have to ask - what is your collection obsession now?
Thinking the way you have always thought will almost certainly assure you putt the way you always have. - Dr Bob Rotella

colemic

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »
Brother any single one of those would have, for me, been a complete collection.  That is one incredible time capsule of SC history.

jr

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 07:43:53 AM »
jr

Most of my putters are Anser style putters because that is the head style that I use. I have posted different threads with current putters but I really do need to start a Collection thread in the Member's Collection section.

rrkman

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 08:31:29 AM »
Most of my putters are Anser style putters because that is the head style that I use. I have posted different threads with current putters but I really do need to start a Collection thread in the Member's Collection section.

Please don't.  :-[  I'm having a hard enough time restraining myself from buying putters every week....I really don't need the additional temptation. ;)

geogolf

• Section Moderator
  • www.theclubcollector.com
    • TheClubCollector
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010, 09:23:34 AM »
I owned an S. Cameron Tour Classic 1 with a G Loomis Graphite X Flex 9 Iron shaft (stock) It was supposedly made for Davis Love III but never confirmed. Felt odd in my opinion, shaft actually felt hard which I didnt expect. Maybe too stiff?

The Loomis Shafts were some of my favorites when I played a lot. They were "heavy" graphite.  They were meant to replicate a Dynamic Gold, frequency matched- with a similar weight to steel--and to reduce Vibration.  Davis Love's brother was a distributor when they came out...about 1993 or so. I bought a couple back then...they weren't cheap...maybe 80 a shaft.

The Tip end is VERY thick.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:36:13 AM by geogolf »

drewspin

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »
jr

JR - Looking back, do you have any regrets of getting in, or any you wished you might have kept while getting out?

kints

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2010, 12:33:37 PM »
I guess I am too new here.....what happened...why did it all have to go?
Shawn

jr

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2010, 12:57:43 PM »
No regrets either getting involved with Cameron putters and there really are none that I wish I still had. There were some beautiful putters made with the Cameron name on them, very classy and very classic.

As for why I no longer have Cameron putters in my collection, the simple explanation is I decided I no longer wanted to collect items or spend my money on items that are associated with Cameron. Too many things I just do not like about him and how he conducts business treats people. To each there own.

kints

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
ok thanks...I guess there is a huge story here that I am missing.  Thanks!  :)
Shawn

brew22

• Go Bucks!!
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »
WOW, those were some great pieces JR. That was quite a collection you had.

razaar

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2010, 05:19:36 PM »
I can see why you gave up collecting Scotty's jr. Must have been very frustrating trying to locate the missing pieces made between 1962 and 1986.
Thinking the way you have always thought will almost certainly assure you putt the way you always have. - Dr Bob Rotella