Author Topic: Kia Ma line coming out  (Read 10307 times)

TonyT

Kia Ma line coming out
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:30:09 PM »
I rolled the Kia Ma Monaco TP last night.  Pretty cool.  It is like a TPM #2 w/ a plumbers neck.  Fealt very good, but nothing earth shattering.

Thsi is the only pic I could find on the web

noodle3872

Re: Kia Ma line coming out
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »
I saw they all today at Golf Town in Langley BC.  I'm partial to the Maranello 8.  They all felt super soft when using a Pro V1.

Mike

Ty

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:12:13 PM »
No insert right?

Herd8497

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:55:02 PM »
Right, there is no insert.
It's all made in Cougar Country....Van Wert Steel

prov1only

• Go Apps! National Champions 2005-2006-2007
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »
Does anyone know the weight options? I saw there is a 34" and 35". Usually the TM putters are 340g with the 34" option.  Would like to try these...best place to buy?

Thanks

Fairways & Greens

jtitleist12

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 03:53:57 PM »
Does anyone know the weight options? I saw there is a 34" and 35". Usually the TM putters are 340g with the 34" option.  Would like to try these...best place to buy?

Thanks

IIRC, the weight on these will be 345g for each length.

-Josh

ws6

• Is it summer yet?
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »
They are 1020 Carbon Steel, that is pretty nice. 

ws6

• Is it summer yet?
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 10:40:32 AM »
I rolled a few putts with each of the new KiaMa line yesterday.  They are very nice, and I putted the best with the Monaco.  They were priced at $290.

I would have bought the Monaco, but I made the mistake of picking up a center shafted Spider.  I made every putt I rolled with it.  I never would have considered buying a Spider, but I am getting close.

Ty

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »
I rolled a few with these the other day at the golf shop. Didn't find anything I liked about any of them, but that's just me. For sure a quality piece.

Venno

• Section Moderator
  • TourStockPutters.com
    • TourStockPutters
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 08:32:50 PM »
Kia Ma...his name is very familiar to me for some reason, looking online I cant seem to figure out where I know it from. Did he do putters in the past?

Follow us on Twitter! @TourStockPutter

ws6

• Is it summer yet?
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 09:52:41 AM »

puttronics

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
I'm looking forward to giving these a try.

Kilmidyke

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »
Just rolled the Daytona (I think), the blade without a pocket at GT today, I have to say i was impressed.
I tried a few different new(ish) things from Ping, SC, Yes, etc. and this felt as good as anything else.

Way better than the insert Rossa line up imho, i've never been a TM fan but i'd roll one of these!
PutterHead #235 reporting for duty! :)

Ty

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 11:08:56 PM »
I just ordered a Kia Ma Daytona since I need to get a TM putter in the bag. I'll shoot up a review once I get it.

Ty

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 12:03:16 AM »
So my Kia Ma Daytona putter came on Monday. I haven't had the chance to use it yet, but here are some observations.

Feel: I would say this ranks in the top two in regards to feel out of all my putters. I'd say it is a tie between the Kia Ma and my Bettinardi BB8 in D.A.S.S. for the best feeling. Weight it spot on, I'd say somewhere around 340-345?

Looks: Top notch. The detail on the back of the putter is wonderful. The finish is a nice black that appears to be durable. One thing that threw me off a bit was the lack of a flange line from the bumpers in the cavity. All of my Anser or Anser 2 putters have this bumper line. The lack of this line really seems to change the look of the putter for me. I threw some lead tape over the flange line anyway so its no biggie.

The face milling is ok, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. I would have liked to see something more along the Cameron or Mills style but to each his own.

Grip: Classic Winn. Normally I like Winns and don't knock manufacturers for using them but I don't really like this one. The graphics make parts slippery and it just doesn't seem to fit my hand right. I'm going to switch it over to a gripmaster once I order it.

Headcover: AME style with magnetic closures. Looks nice, feels nice, and I'll have no problem using it.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow in the daylight.

puttronics

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 04:13:38 AM »
I'm looking forward to the pictures...

bmountjoy

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 11:16:42 PM »
Somehow ended up with a Kia Ma Daytona and I must say they are an extremely underated putter. 1020 Carbon Steel feels great. I think this line could honestly compete with Cameron if they get rid of all the "Rossa" graphics and give it more of a "tour" look.

cuccia69

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »
the little circles in the bumpers are a nice touch i agree with the graphics

Kilmidyke

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
Just rolled the Daytona (I think), the blade without a pocket at GT today, I have to say i was impressed.
I tried a few different new(ish) things from Ping, SC, Yes, etc. and this felt as good as anything else.

Way better than the insert Rossa line up imho, i've never been a TM fan but i'd roll one of these!

Well it turns out it was an Imola model that I rolled way back then. However, I have since aquired 2 of these Kia Ma sticks, a Maranello and a Monte Carlo and I can tell you imho these are as good as anything else out there! Really soft feel off the face and the quality is fantastic!

The down side with these, and it's probably the only one, is the cheap looking foil sticker in the cavity. CNC the Rossa script in there, ala the Rossa Tour sticks the good guys use instead, and you have a very classy looking and performing product me thinks.

Overall a great stick, worth a second look and a definite bargain on the used market if you find one in good condition.
PutterHead #235 reporting for duty! :)