Author Topic: Amazing and a tribute to Byron and John Morgan  (Read 366 times)

bogie

Amazing and a tribute to Byron and John Morgan
« on: April 01, 2018, 07:47:17 PM »
Unless I made a mistake there are three (3) Byron Morgan putters on eBay. That is amazing. There are about 2 dozen John Morgan putters FS on eBay. That compares to approximately 3,600 Camerons, about 500 Bettinardi putters. TP Mills, Tad Moore, and Bobby Grace all have a couple hundred FS on the bay. To see every putter sell except three is something I have never seen. A real tribute to the popularity of Byron's putters and his skill.   :)
Corporate Golf is Golf without a soul.

Bettinardi BB2 350 3-Slot
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan 612
Byron Morgan 615
Slighter Ninja XM-19
Scotty Cameron 2008 Newport 2

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: Amazing and a tribute to Byron and John Morgan
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 08:23:56 PM »
* I'm sure you mean John Byron, not John Morgan... just to set it straight for others who may not know.

As far as some of the older builders, some of them have been at it for decades before the first Byron Morgan's began to come into our hands ( I have several myself), and it is maybe not that big a surprise as they targeted a different place in the market.

Now, I have to go and be tempted by the 3 that are on the market... lol!

Jimbo 8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

bogie

Re: Amazing and a tribute to Byron Morgan
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 09:20:23 PM »
* I'm sure you mean John Byron, not John Morgan... just to set it straight for others who may not know.

As far as some of the older builders, some of them have been at it for decades before the first Byron Morgan's began to come into our hands ( I have several myself), and it is maybe not that big a surprise as they targeted a different place in the market.

Now, I have to go and be tempted by the 3 that are on the market... lol!

Jimbo 8)

Sorry for the disconnect between my brain and my fingers. :(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:23:51 PM by bogie »
Corporate Golf is Golf without a soul.

Bettinardi BB2 350 3-Slot
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan 612
Byron Morgan 615
Slighter Ninja XM-19
Scotty Cameron 2008 Newport 2

dans4fun

Re: Amazing and a tribute to Byron and John Morgan
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 01:07:33 AM »
 :)

Exactly what happened to me several years ago.

Started looking at Scotty's, noticed there were significantly less Bettinardi's listed than Cameron's, and then discovered Byron.

First was a John Byron, great feel, a little light.  But I was sold.  12 or 15 Byron's later I'm still looking.  Love every one that I own.

I think 3 is the fewest that have been listed in a long time though.

Dan