Author Topic: Bobby Grace F-22  (Read 678 times)

Ngjg21

Bobby Grace F-22
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
Hey, all! Just picked up a beautiful Bobby Grace F-22. It's center shafted (a new experiment for me), and I really like the feel. This isn't my first Grace, so I was expecting the unique feel of the insert, which I love.

One question -- the putter currently is 38", presumably for use as an arm-lock (although the sole of the head does NOT have the "LONG" designation that I've seen on some of the belly/armlock putters in this model). I'm considering cutting it down to 34/35. I called Bobby and he indicated that the loft won't be affected, as with his radial face it's 0 or close to it on all of his putters, and the lie angle already is stock at 71, so I won't have to mess with that, either.

Obviously the SW will change, but does anyone have any other warnings about doing this? The headweight can be changed easily in this one (7 weight ports), so I'm not concerned about that aspect, but just wanted to get the wisdom of the crowd before doing anything concrete.

Thanks!
Ping G30 10.5*
PING I200 4-PW
Cleveland Tour Action 52/58*
MACHINE Mini-Mega
Byron 612
Lajosi JJ501 w/ Slighter CH

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: Bobby Grace F-22
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 02:39:50 PM »
I did a similar thing to a SC Newport c/s that had been set up for an anchored/belly length. The length I went to was 35" and (as is my usual) I grip down about an inch which I feel gives me a feel of better stability. That is my $.02 worth...

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Ngjg21

Re: Bobby Grace F-22
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 03:27:41 PM »
Thanks, Jimbo...ill report back with my findings. Worst case scenario is I just go back to 38"
Ping G30 10.5*
PING I200 4-PW
Cleveland Tour Action 52/58*
MACHINE Mini-Mega
Byron 612
Lajosi JJ501 w/ Slighter CH