Author Topic: Lefty Handmade Anton Center-shafted with weld dots  (Read 1559 times)

leftymoose

Lefty Handmade Anton Center-shafted with weld dots
« on: November 12, 2015, 07:07:01 PM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to post a new project that Ed has been working on for me. These are the pictures of the completed putter. I sent Ed a sketch and after some back and fourth he took my idea and made it reality. The putter looks awesome and I can't wait to get it in my hands.

Head weight is 365 grams and 1.5 inches wide, Center-shafted Carbon head with BOS finish and weld dots. Comes with an extra long neck with drill holes and Salty grip.

Hopefully Ed can expand on my post and let everyone know the details involved in building this putter. He was fantastic to work with and sent me numerous updates throughout the process, along with pictures and ideas. I highly recommend getting an Anton putter if you're looking for a true handmade putter.
Xenon Handmade S.S Bronze Torch CS
Xenon Handmade S.S Stealth Black Oxide CS
Xenon Prototype 3B CS
Xenon Wide X Notchback CS
Lajosi Custom TF3 S.S Torched CS
Black Lab Notchback Prototype CS
Anton Handmade BOS CS
Slighter Prototype Notchback CS
Mannkrafted WB Rattler CS
Byron Morgan B17 CS

Anton Putters

Re: Lefty Handmade Anton Center-shafted with weld dots
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:55:47 PM »
Hey guys! It was fun working with Ryan on this putter. The pics are ones that I sent Ryan and for some reason couldn't post myself. They do not do the putter justice. About 7-8 weeks ago Ryan contacted me about a putter and as he says we worked his thoughts a little and this is the result. I have made a few right handed  "non-offset" putters but this is the first lefty. I learned a long time ago that if you putt opposite your dominant eye then a non-offset putter will not look right. It's about angles. This putter kind of proved it to me. I am a natural lefty that plays golf right- handed and non-offset putters never looked right to me but when this putter was finished I made a few test putts and because I am left eye dominant it set up great and putted very nicely. I'm looking forward to Ryan receiving the putter and his comments (and maybe some better pics!).
   Sorry I don't post more but my life pulls me in a lot of directions so it makes it hard to keep up. I'll make an effort to post more.

Ed
Eddie

turtlehead

• timhalberg
    • http://timhalberg.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 02:13:05 AM »
Awesome looking stick!! Great work - always nice to see someone else who loves a center shaft
Kronos Refined MANDALA, Bettinardi Studio Stock 12, Whitlam Golf CU-1 W2 Mill Prototype Copper Putter (1st Run), and randomness

leftymoose

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 06:04:51 PM »
Definitely excited to get it in my hands. Worst part about getting it will be that it sits around and makes carpet putts for the next 6 months up here in Canada.

I will try to get some other pics once it is delivered.
Xenon Prototype 3B CS
Anton Handmade BOS CS
Byron Morgan B17 CS

myphed

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »
Looks great! Ed does a great job and I have to admit my Anton putters get a lot of attention out on the course. I'm sure this one will too!
Robb
Tempe, AZ

Anton Putters

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 04:34:17 PM »
 Thanks for the feedback guys and I'm glad your Antons are getting some good playing time Rob!
I know Ryan hasn't received the putter yet due to customs and all that but I'm looking forward
to his pics and comments.
  I just got word that a customer (member and club champion at BayHill) had all his clubs stolen
and his Anton was stolen with them. He is really bummed and I'm now busy trying to get another
putter into his hands. Hope he likes this one as much as the last. He told me the putter was the only
club that mattered because all the others could easily be replaced. As a putter maker you don't usually
know how long a player keeps the putter in the bag but it feels good to know that he has been playing
his Anton for 6-7years since I sold it to him.

Have a great week,

ED
Eddie

leftymoose

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 06:53:39 PM »
Hey guys,

I just got the putter in today and all I can say is "wow". Pictures don't do the putter justice at all. Most pictures make the BOS finish look black but it more blue and really nice. The putter looks fantastic and seeing it up close, you can really appreciate Ed's craftsmanship. I can't say enough about Ed's communication and personal touches. He really understands what it is like to be waiting for a putter to be completed as a buyer, and gives you constant updates during his build, putting you at ease. The finished product really is a piece of art. I can't wait to use it on real grass, but that won't be for 5-6 months. For now, carpet putts will have to do.

I'm looking forward to my next Anton putter as I have plenty of ideas in my head!
Xenon Prototype 3B CS
Anton Handmade BOS CS
Byron Morgan B17 CS