Author Topic: Machine M2A Fixer Info  (Read 1722 times)

timastyle

Machine M2A Fixer Info
« on: October 16, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »
Anyone have any info on this putter (i.e. specs, history, etc)?  eBay auction: #291590616949

Is this really a Tour putter or a cool story by the seller?
Byron Morgan:
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 Brushed Stainless with Plow neck (formerly a short pipe high polish blue oil as in my avatar)

Xenon:
Handmade Xenon Damascus Stainless (gamer)

Nead:
On order Albz

scooterdog

• The Weather is Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Machine M2A Fixer Info
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »
It used to belong to Robb (myphed).

Maybe he will chime in  ;D
CRIMSON TIDE #1

What if the "Hokey Pokey" really IS what it's all about ??!!??

I have too many putters to list !!!???!!!

zero3s

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 02:41:37 PM »
Maybe Robb should get a commission - looks like the guy is even using Robb's pictures, lol

timastyle

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:00:15 PM »
Thanks for that.  Knowing it's Robb's old putter, I'd imagine it's 350g+. 
Byron Morgan:
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 Brushed Stainless with Plow neck (formerly a short pipe high polish blue oil as in my avatar)

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

myphed

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 10:39:31 PM »
Wow you guys know me......I'm impressed. And I guess I take some good pics!! Email from Dave Billings on this one:

"Hi Robb,

Thanks for the email.   Actually, that stamp (OT star 09) designated it was On TOUR in ‘09.  There were a few sold from our Studio at Hank Haney Vista Ridge after coming back from our Tour Reps (usually end of season or if they had some scratches, etc we didn’t want to keep out there for that reason.   

But unfortunately there were some others that were sold from a former tour rep without permission...  I know that stuff goes on with other companies but it was a shock to us.  I’d be interested in knowing where that particular putter came from, if you can share.

Thanks,

-Dave"

I contacted the guy I got it from and he said he got it in a trade many years ago. So no luck on the exact history Dave was looking for. This putter patina'd faster than any other, I was so surprised. Not a bad stick, just didn't fit my eye.
Robb
Tempe, AZ

timastyle

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 10:52:53 PM »
Thanks Robb! I asked the seller for updated pics and not the ones you posted and hour said he would post them tonight though I doubt he will.

How did the AlBz feel?
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

myphed

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 11:09:13 PM »
I have a Nead AlBz SAP09 and to date no other AlBz I've tried comes even close to its feel. Soooo I had something to compare it to and the Nead won. I've had a Xenon Albz as well which was a close second. With that said in my opinion feel of this Machine was ok, but feel is subjective!!
Robb
Tempe, AZ

timastyle

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 11:57:08 PM »
Never had an albz putter before from anyone so I don't know what it feels like although I have a Xenon on order. Maybe I'll just wait for it since it'll be somewhat similar to this.
Byron Morgan:

Xenon:

Nead:
On order Albz

myphed

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 12:06:46 AM »
My Xenon Albz was a 3/4 size so maybe that may have affected the way it putted. I know there are others who have full size Xenon Albz, maybe they can chime in on feel. I guess you will find out soon enough.....what head did you order?
Robb
Tempe, AZ

reflog74

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
I have a MACHINE Fixer in AlBz, so I'll chime in. Easily the softest feeling putter I own, including all materials and millings. I think it's because of the aggressive face milling, combined with AlBz. Maybe it would feel even softer in carbon -- but then I'd never get the ball to the hole!  ;D

John