Author Topic: Bettinardi Feel Question  (Read 6412 times)

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
Bettinardi Feel Question
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:05:30 AM »
How do they compare in feeling to other premium putters?
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

double_B

Re: Bettinardi Feel Question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:26:10 AM »
It's kind of a vague and hard question to answer, but I would have to say that in my probably biased opinion that Bettinardi putters are just as good as and often times better feeling than any other putter company out there.  Especially the Bettinardi DASS with 3 slots is the best feeling putter that I have ever used.  In order to be more specific you would have to let me know which kind of material you are wanting to know about.  Bettinardi mills putters from 3 different materials.......soft carbon steel, double aged stainless steel (DASS), and aluminum.....and then on top of that some have inserts which offer even a little softer feel.  So it all depends on what type of feel you like to putter to have whether it be soft like carbon or aluminum or a little more solid feeling like DASS but because everyone's preference is different Bettinardi has all those options to choose from. 

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:45:01 AM »
It's kind of a vague and hard question to answer, but I would have to say that in my probably biased opinion that Bettinardi putters are just as good as and often times better feeling than any other putter company out there.  Especially the Bettinardi DASS with 3 slots is the best feeling putter that I have ever used.  In order to be more specific you would have to let me know which kind of material you are wanting to know about.  Bettinardi mills putters from 3 different materials.......soft carbon steel, double aged stainless steel (DASS), and aluminum.....and then on top of that some have inserts which offer even a little softer feel.  So it all depends on what type of feel you like to putter to have whether it be soft like carbon or aluminum or a little more solid feeling like DASS but because everyone's preference is different Bettinardi has all those options to choose from. 
Am looking at the ones in carbon steel, made for Hogan. Like The contrast of the Bright honeycomb and the soft satin top. Cant find one to try anywhere I live, I use a Cameron and a Cleveland 304 steel.
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

tksputters

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:45:37 PM »
The Hogan ones have not been made for a while since Bettinard is now making production putters for Mizuno that started in 2006.  So the Hogan ones are very scarce in golf shops and you won't see many around.  So that is why you can't find one anywhere.  Sorry.

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 06:04:39 PM »
Todd...I'd bet he'd like any of the original Bettinardi models from 1999...I know I do :)

Jimmy

xxio

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 12:05:36 AM »
They all feel good. I prefer the carbon steel ones. The Hoganardis will come at a slightly lighter headweight. A strip of tape should solve that and improve feel.

geogolf

• Section Moderator
  • www.theclubcollector.com
    • TheClubCollector
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 08:40:57 AM »
There are a ton of Hogan Betts on fleabay right now. Decent price for an affordable gamer if anyone is looking for one.

I bought my first one in 1998 I believe. the MC7 (If I recall the number correctly)  Traded it for a Tour Cameron lol.

Caligula

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 06:36:40 PM »
The feel on my BHB3-C is superb. I can't rave enough about that putter. Snag one on ebay NOW. I replaced the horrible fat grip with a dual durometer and it's great.

ninefooterforbird

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 08:27:49 PM »
I want to know, first hand, how this one feels...

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »

I own one of those :) I'd buy another if Mr. Bettinardi would put a few cool stamps on one for me :P

Jeter

• Born to Golf, Forced to Work
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 02:45:33 AM »
Mr Cigars, let me know when you would like to roll the JP, ok?

ninefooterforbird

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 11:02:52 PM »

Never been a huge fan of that head style, but the matte finish and the sole stamping has me.

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 08:06:27 AM »

Never been a huge fan of that head style, but the matte finish and the sole stamping has me.

They call that finish Black Thunder and it's probably my favorite finish to date :)

ninefooterforbird

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 06:52:19 PM »
Black Thunder even sounds cool.

UberschallEL34

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 06:40:10 PM »
I have that BB-5 with a single sight line, it feels great. Carbon has that soft "click" when you contact the ball. Of course it helps to use a premium ball. It'd probably feel a little dull with a Pinnacle.