Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 7413 times)

1puttoakley

What happened?
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:37:40 AM »
Is Sizemore still a functioning company? Have sent them a few emails with no reply.

lebanontngolfer

• World traveler...
Re: What happened?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »
Affiliated with Super Stroke grips now, I believe.   
http://www.superstrokeusa.com/home.html
Bill P.

Putters sure are fun!  :)

jhoops01

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 05:39:13 PM »
Affiliated with Super Stroke grips now, I believe.   
http://www.superstrokeusa.com/home.html

SuperStroke Golf is NOT affiliated with Sizemore the company in any regard. Bruce Sizemore is the designer for SuperStroke's new line of putters.

Regards,
Joe Hooper
SuperStroke Golf

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
So, is Sizemore Golf gone, is Bruce 'out on loan' to Super Stroke, is there some clarification that can shed a little bit of light on where things stand... or is it one of those, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." kind of things?

Just curious... I have a couple of Sizemore putters that may become more collectable perhaps.
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

CourtGolf

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 11:53:43 AM »
Good to know - thanks Joe....and I'm really liking the SuperStroke Slim
"Don't do anything well that you don't want to do again." - Bob from "Becker"

MyBluC4

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
From a recent post on WRX:
 Coming off a career as a touring pro, which was unfortunately cut short by a horrific car accident, and having definite thoughts and ideas about putting and putters, Bruce decided to become a putter designer. His first company was started in 1997: CopperStix.
Bruce's putters have won over $7 million worldwide. Over 50 Tour players have used a Sizemore putter, including at one time, two of the top 5 ranked players in the world. They were not paid to play his putters. Bruce's putters have logged two tour wins, 2 runner-up finishes and numerous top 5, 10 and 20 results.
Bruce started the Sizemore Collection in 2005. While there, he designed the XB1 and XB2 blades and the XM-1 and XM-2 mallets. He resigned in 2009.

In 2010, Bruce joined forces with SuperStroke Golf to create a new line of high end putters for them. Their goal is to transform the premium grip company into the premium short game company, featuring grips, putters and wedges.

Jimbobuc21

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 03:28:12 PM »
From a recent post on WRX:
 Coming off a career as a touring pro, which was unfortunately cut short by a horrific car accident, and having definite thoughts and ideas about putting and putters, Bruce decided to become a putter designer. His first company was started in 1997: CopperStix.
Bruce's putters have won over $7 million worldwide. Over 50 Tour players have used a Sizemore putter, including at one time, two of the top 5 ranked players in the world. They were not paid to play his putters. Bruce's putters have logged two tour wins, 2 runner-up finishes and numerous top 5, 10 and 20 results.
Bruce started the Sizemore Collection in 2005. While there, he designed the XB1 and XB2 blades and the XM-1 and XM-2 mallets. He resigned in 2009.

In 2010, Bruce joined forces with SuperStroke Golf to create a new line of high end putters for them. Their goal is to transform the premium grip company into the premium short game company, featuring grips, putters and wedges.

Thanks for the info... so, who is their designer now and who developed the Lux line?

So many questions, so little time...

Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)

jhoops01

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »
So, is Sizemore Golf gone, is Bruce 'out on loan' to Super Stroke, is there some clarification that can shed a little bit of light on where things stand... or is it one of those, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." kind of things?

Just curious... I have a couple of Sizemore putters that may become more collectable perhaps.

I have no idea what has happened at Sizemore Collection, whether they are still in business or not. I do know that Bruce is NOT out on loan to SuperStroke. He resigned from Sizemore in 2009 and was hired by SuperStroke in 2010.

sizemoregolf

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
Sizemore Golf is still functioning as a company.  We are actually in the process of manufacturing some new blades in the USA (100% Milled from Billets).

In the past 2-1/2 years, we have accomplished the following:

1 - redesigned the XB-1/SB-1 Blade into the B-1C, XB-2/SB-2 Blade into the B-2C - both "cleaner" versions of the originals and produced some Prototypes of these models.  All of these Prototypes have been sold.

2 - created our version of an 8802 (with a back cavity) - CB-8 and produced some Prototypes of this model (all of which have been sold).  We also produced a small production run of the CB-8 (all of these have been sold). 

NOTE:  The CB-8 was our first model in the new Club Series - Cast Putter Head with the IND-X face finish. 

3 - created some New Design Prototypes (Q-2, F-2 and F-3) - most of which have been sold.  There may be one or two of these still available.

4 - collaborated with Gene Nead to produce some Handmade Prototypes (all of these have been sold).

5 - produced some LUX Prototypes.
6 - produced some LUX Custom Putters. 

NOTE:  LUX started out as our Corporate Putter line and "morphed" into a more affordable cast putter (with milled face) line.  We are in the process of creating some Custom LUX putters.

7 - created Custom Putters from our Signature Series and Player Series inventory.

8 - experimented with new engraving packages.

9 - created some new blade head covers and ball markers.

10 - created an anser-style blade (all Prototypes were sold)

11 - created a small run of del mar-style / odyssey #9 putters (LUX LB-9).  these heads are in the process of being finished

Moving forward, Sizemore Golf has designed 10 additional putter models that we will release first in Prototype form.  And, then we will produce a Small Run.

Hope this helps.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me at info@sizemoregolf.com
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:51:05 AM by sizemoregolf »

sizemoregolf

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 09:17:56 AM »
here is our redesigned B-1C in PROTOTYPE form.  this is an example of #1 in the above post.

you can see the "cleaner" flange.

this putter has a custom 2-Tone Torch Finish.

we are considering producing a small run (less than 100) of this model.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:47:07 AM by sizemoregolf »

sizemoregolf

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 09:20:09 AM »
here is a B-1C customized with a Plumber's Neck (Hand-Weld / Hand-Grind).

sizemoregolf

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 09:22:52 AM »
here is another B-1C - this time in a Black Jack Finish.

sizemoregolf

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »
here is a b-1c in an oil can finish

sizemoregolf

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »
here is our CB-8.

this is the first model in our CLUB SERIES.

we offered handstamping for each putter in this small run to allow the customer to make something that was unique. 

we are considering either doing another small run or producing this model as a 100% milled from a billet (stainless steel)

gottaputt

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
Hi Scott.  I'm glad you chimed in here.  Otherwise, everyone wants to speculate and often assumptions are made.  You have accomplished a lot.  I own about 6 of your putters.  They are extremely well crafted.  Mike

sizemoregolf

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »
thanks mike.

sizemoregolf

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 11:41:40 AM »
i just made this custom LUX blade using an LB-1 and adding a straight neck.  it is an example of #5 from the above post.

it is truly a 1-off PROTOTYPE putter.  a friend of mine always has his putter in a toe up position.   i was hoping this "design" would correct for that type of set-up.  he doesn't like to get "over" the ball.

we welded a straight neck to the lb-1 head (3-tier flange blade) and added a torch finish and some handstamping.

it turned out like i had hoped.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:46:36 AM by sizemoregolf »

Jimbobuc21

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
Hi Scott.  I'm glad you chimed in here.  Otherwise, everyone wants to speculate and often assumptions are made.  You have accomplished a lot.  I own about 6 of your putters.  They are extremely well crafted.  Mike

Glad to hear it too!

BTW, I just bought this putter off of ebay and wonder what you might be able to tell me about it. It came with an autographed cover and I either got a great deal on it, or it is a really nice knockoff that didn't hurt too much in my wallet... thanks!

www.ebay.com/itm/320825911009

Tour Exotics EXi irons

sizemoregolf

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 04:21:41 PM »
i know this putter.  when we first torched the head (a long time ago) it came out an awesome purplish blue.  it was a custom finish done in california.

as it is now, i believe the finish needs some work (and the putter has been used) - thus, the lower price.  maybe a custom "re-torch" would make it look like it did originally or perhaps a different finish (depending on what you like).

steve at belding made us these head covers.  they are super sweet.  black leather with some great embroidery work (metallic copper thread in the lux logo).  belding does great high-end work.

i think you will like the "feel" of this putter with the milled face.  the stainless steel is traditional and relatively hard (sound and vibration) while the face finish definitely softens it.

good luck with the putter.

Jimbobuc21

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »
I intend roll a few with it maybe a round even, but keep it in as clean as possible condition. The finish in person looks very much like an oilcan finish, and I will hang on to it as a part of my collection. Thanks for the feedback!

Tour Exotics EXi irons