Author Topic: SDS Custom Shop - Non Production Putters  (Read 2973 times)

sizemoregolf

SDS Custom Shop - Non Production Putters
« on: May 28, 2011, 06:10:57 AM »
we already have a thread that shows all of the putters that are going out to customers - the majority of which are production putters. 

so, i thought i would start a thread that showed only custom putters and custom head covers from the sds custom shop and socal garage.  these putters will include:

1 - prototypes (new designs or redesigns)
2 - tour prototypes (made for our tour program)
3 - handmades
4 - custom finished putters
5 - handstamped putters
6 - 1st run putters as well as
7 - limited run putters
8 - prototype accessories - head covers

i will only show putters that are still available for purchase by our customers including PT Members.  i will not show putters that have already been sent to customers.  in a few cases as recently as 2 months ago, a customer had purchased a custom putter and then traded it for another custom putter.  so, if you see a putter that was marked already purchased in another thread, it has probably been exchanged for another custom putter.

so, here we go.  first a prototype:

this is an f-2 with a silver (aluminum) neck.  we only made 5 of these and this was the only one with an aluminum neck. 

this putter is #7 on our available putter list.

if anyone is interested in this putter or the 2011 list, please contact me at info@sizemoregolf.com

sizemoregolf

Re: SDS Custom Shop - Non Production Putters
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 06:28:18 AM »
next, is a 1st run putter. 

the vast majority of our xb-2 signature series putters include a copper face insert.  we did however make a limited number of special putters that did not have a copper face insert.  we pulled the heads from the 250 1st run putters.  in most cases, these putters had a custom finish applied to them to set them apart from our stainless steel sb-2 heads.  this putter was nickel palted like the other xb-1s and xb-2s.  so, it is a unique putter.

these putters are still 100% milled from billets of carbon steel

this putter is #009 of 250

this putter is #34 on the 2011 list.

sizemoregolf

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 06:36:43 AM »
here is a tour prototype.

this putter was always intended to be used on our pga tour program.  the TOUR PROTOTYPE is engraved (not handstamped).  many times, if we needed a certain putter or finish for a player on tour we would handstamp a putter and send it out to the tour.  this putter however was made with the express purpose of serving a need on our professional tour program.

it was our intention to make 40 special putters for the tour.  later we increased this number and made special putters in each model.

it is #3 of 40 and it has a dark nickel finish.

what makes this putter even more unique is it includes our original LUX logo (before we converted everything to SIZEMORE).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:10:21 AM by sizemoregolf »

sizemoregolf

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 06:57:53 AM »
we did create some custom head covers for the LUX tour prototypes.

here are some pics.

sizemoregolf

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 08:25:56 AM »
here is one of the handmades that is still available