Author Topic: THE CHAMPION, PGA National  (Read 2782 times)

MyBluC4

THE CHAMPION, PGA National
« on: January 03, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »

TMAC

Re: THE CHAMPION, PGA National
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:08:49 PM »
Just did a stay and play at the PGA National Resort & Spa.  All the courses there were in great shape, although they were working on a few bunkers on a couple of the holes on the back 9 of the Champions course.  If you hit it in one of those bunkers, you simply took it out at your nearest relief.  Played another course off property called the Estate Course and it was a nice layout but not in as good of condition as the resort courses.
Great restaurant in the hotel as well as several within 10 min.  Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Just don't open the 9.00 water bottles on your dresser and you'll be fine. ;)

reflog74

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 09:09:30 AM »
I used to go there with the guys for a week every December.  For 4 people, they rent nice 2BR/2BA cottages that are nice.  Easy access from PBI.  4 courses on the property, and the Estates (formerly Ironwood, the subject of the very interesting book on golf course community development, "Driving the Green"), which is a few miles west.  On-site courses are: Champion, The General, The Squire, and The Haig.  All the courses start close to the clubhouse, so 36 is doable, even in the shorter days of Winter.

John

TMAC

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »
John, your post reminded me of the replay.  I don't know if it was just the golf package we bought or what, but the replay rate for us was FREE.  We played 36 holes 3 days and 27 the other 2.  Can't beat that.
And for those that don't know, the Champion course is where the PGA plays the Honda Classic.  Great Nicklaus design with the "Bear Trap" on the back 9.