Author Topic: Feel Question: Milled vs. Non-Milled  (Read 5605 times)

ninefooterforbird

Feel Question: Milled vs. Non-Milled
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:52:31 PM »
Starting to think a SeeMore may be the next flatstick in the bag. Anyone care to share some insight on the feel and roll differences between the milled and non-milled putters?

Thanks,
Ryan  :)

jr

Re: Feel Question: Milled vs. Non-Milled
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 05:32:29 PM »
I am not sure that there are any putters made today that are not milled in some way shape or form. Hence I am not sure that anyone answering your question would really be talking about what you asked or what some others might think you were asking or was being answered.

sj

• Superman is what I can do, Steve is who I am.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 08:58:17 AM »
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
Donald sj. Rumsfeld

;D

andyjevans

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:03:08 PM »
I have a FGP and a M2. I can't honestly say I could choose between them. The FGP is the original, so i assume cast, but it has a very solid reliable feel.

andy

flop2river

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »
I may be wrong, someone correct me if I am but aren't the cast ones even Skim FACE milled? I think so just like Rife ...the cast and them mill the face... Help me out here...

Doug

zonemayhem

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »
go for mill, better re-sale

Sloman

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 12:29:44 AM »
I am not sure that anyone addressing your question would genuinely be dealing with what you asked or what some others might think you are asking or had been answered.

golfmike3

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
The original is a cast putter with a milled face to make sure it is smooth and even across the entire face. The mseries are fully milled. I think that is his question, the difference in the 100% milled version and the cast with milled face.
I have multiple mSeries putters and have putted with the original FGP putter as well. The FGP is a great putter and you would not regret going with it, but if you are able to get the mSeries I would tell you it is well worth it. They have a much better feel and look. They put a great roll on the ball the RST is a great tool.
Hope this helps.

gdy63

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 03:23:02 PM »
I just ordered one and was told all the faces are milled.

apprenti23

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »
You know- all the responses are great so far. I have owned at least 12 different SeeMore putters and the beauty is that you can get a cast then milled face for half of a fully milled putter. I find that the "cheaper ones" are more durable yet still feel nice and soft off the face. The key if to find the head shape that fits your eye and setup the proper way.

gdy63

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
I just picked this up brand new on the bay, choice of grip, cover, length, and lie for $145 shipped!
Great putter in every way never thought I would ever try a seemore.