Author Topic: MmmFGP...  (Read 6332 times)

sj

• Superman is what I can do, Steve is who I am.
MmmFGP...
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:54:16 AM »
I've just dipped my toe into the Seemore pond. Whilst noodling away on ebay, (like you do) I spotted an mFGP amongst some FGPs (and priced similarly) that wasn't advertised as m (for milled).
Dilemma! What to do? Let the seller know the item was under-priced?
Sod that.
It's on it's way.
Update later...

TonyT

Re: MmmFGP...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:05:57 AM »
I have quite a stable of Seemores.  I can never figure out why I putt w/ any thing else.  They feel awesome, and the Rifle Scope is outstanding.  Congrats on the pick up.

T

sj

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 11:46:11 AM »
Your comments seem to back up what I have subsquently researched. Judging by the number of posts on PT in the 'Seemore' section though, it would appear that the word might need spreading.

I just hope I feel the same way once it's arrived! :) ( Thats the trouble with ebay. The experience can be bitter sweet. You know the scenario. Joy - spotting item. Adrenaine rush - bidding. Excited anticipation - waiting for postman. Like a child again on christmas morning - opening box. Expletives - spotting the dink .)

TonyT

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »
I have been searching for a mint Seemore 1.699 for a while now, but the search is the fun part!

T

sj

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 04:18:15 PM »
Mind you. Ebays' not all doom and gloom. I've just picked up a Ping Scottsdale b69 for a snip.

(I'll drop that one in conversation on the Ping board another time :)))

sj

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:20:16 AM »
Well the mFGP arrived today. What a cracking putter!

That's two ebay steals in a week!

It sets you thinking though. There is not a mark on it. It was sold as FGP, not mFGP. It turns out the headcover it came with is a limited edition (1000 pieces). D'you reckon I've bought stolen goods?

sj

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
...and here's a snap...

sj

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 02:09:28 PM »
A quick update.

I've had it five or six weeks and it's still the one in the golf bag. I think the riflescope idea really works (for me, anyway).
Most noticable is when your standing over a 'Dennis Wise' (a nasty fiver-footer).* I no longer have a tendancy to try to steer the ball in.
Highly recommended.

* you may need to come from the UK to appreciate that one.

:)

zonemayhem

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 01:03:54 AM »
I've now had my mFGP for 3+ seasons and it remains my gamer.  Originally, I fell in love with their new all black satin milled version of the FGP.  After 6 or so months, the putter started spotting rust on the face.  No rust anywhere else interestingly.  See More was fine with sending me out with a replacement but instead and without letting me know, sent me out a black satin mFGP but the face was plain stainless steel and without the black satin finish.  I wasn't impressed to say the least and I didn't want to go through the whole complaint/bitchin thing, instead I decided to move on.  Over time, I tried different putters out of sheer boredom.  The Odyssey 2-ball, Newport 2.5, Ping Zing2 BeCu.  They all got a fair shake but See More still remains in the bag.  I am now awaiting on a Bettinardi BB43-h and a Bettinardi/Mizuno C-05, perhaps one of these can knock my mFGP off its perch?  Even if a Bettinardi or anything else becomes a gamer I will always have a mFGP in inventory-it is that good.  I just wished See More didn't dick me around, but hey: c'est la vie >:( 

sj

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 04:29:43 AM »
Was that the same putter returned re-finished or a different putter altogether?

How's it look? Got a snap?

Steve.

MoaningM

• Old Tom Morris...
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »
The only FGP I've got is the Pyane Stewart commerative one, admittedly only putted in the house with it but I find it a bit of a struggle persoanlly, become obsessed with not seeing that red mark when I'm putting.

At what point in a stroke are you allowed to see that red dot (ie. how long a swing as it must be impossible to keep the dot hidden for longer stroked putts)

zonemayhem

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 08:21:04 PM »
Its not a re-finished, different serial number.  At first someone at the plant said that they're re-issue me a new one.  I said sure, sounds good.  Again, without consultation they just sent me the one I described.  When I asked about it they said that its from the Nationwide Tour stock as some from that tour preferred a clear face so to speak? 
I'll post some pics in a few days. 

Was that the same putter returned re-finished or a different putter altogether?

How's it look? Got a snap?

Steve.

sj

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 05:50:00 AM »
The only FGP I've got is the Pyane Stewart commerative one, admittedly only putted in the house with it but I find it a bit of a struggle persoanlly, become obsessed with not seeing that red mark when I'm putting.

At what point in a stroke are you allowed to see that red dot (ie. how long a swing as it must be impossible to keep the dot hidden for longer stroked putts)

Mmm. Not a problem I've encountered. I only ever have short putts.

Yeah right.

sj

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »
Seriously though, I use it to 'groove'  a couple of practice strokes. Once over the ball I don't notice the red spot.

Ball, hole. Hole, ball.

sj

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »
Further update...

Love affair over. I've passed it on to the bro' in law. ::)

(Don't get me wrong. A great putter. But... like a stick of Brighton rock, - cut me in half and I'm Ping through and through ;))

That is until I find the next 'the one'!

;D