Author Topic: My visit to the Seemore Studio  (Read 6361 times)

aellis13

My visit to the Seemore Studio
« on: January 19, 2009, 06:23:32 PM »
After seeing a post on here about stopping into the Seemore studio in Franklin, I thought I would see if I could drop in on a recent business trip.  I emailed Ted at the Studio on Thursday afternoon and asked him if he could squeeze me in Friday.  After a few emails back and forth and some changes in my schedule I ended up dropping by Friday afternoon.

A little background on me.  I am a fair to average putter who rarely three putts but misses a ton in the 3-15 ft range.  I have always been an heel shafted blade player and prefer a lot of toe hang.  I picked up an M3 and an M2 this summer and brought the M2 with me to get it fitted. 

I found the studio and Ted met me at the door.  He was very polite and took me back to the fitting area.  He then instructed me to look around and grab a style that I was comfortable with.  I immediately gravitated towards the new limited edition black M2.   He had me roll several putts with it and then set me up to measure my alignment.  As expected I was about 2 cups right on a 15 foot putt.  Next,  he set me up on a video machine to check my putter loft, path, contact and face angle.  Everything there looked ok but my path was a little bit of a cut which further accentuated my aiming problems. 

We tried the drill with a few different lengths and my normal M2.  My M2 ended up being almost perfectly fitted to me at 34" and 68" lie angle which is exactly what I was fitted for at the Bettinardi studio this summer. 

So you would think that Ted would be intent on setting me up with the black M2 that I was drooling over or at least trying to sell me something, right?  I mean he did just spend an hour with me working on my stance, alignment, fitting and releasing the putterhead.  Instead,  he told me that mine was fine and that I was free to look around but all I really needed was a DVD and a triangulater to work on my alignment.   

I asked him to show me around the shop to look at some headcovers and spent some time talking with the club builder there as well.  I did end up picking up the 2008 limited headcover and will be picking up the black M2 soon. 

In summary,  Ted and the guys at Seemore are great to work with and I feel much better about my putting and feel like I have specific things that I can work on to improve on.  I would highly recommend the experience to anyone who is in the area and am exited to see what Seemore brings out in the future.

golfer4life

Re: My visit to the Seemore Studio
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »
Cool story A, thanks for sharing!

Hector

flop2river

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »
WOW ...sounds like a cool guy...with a lot of class...

flop2river

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »
where is their studio?  Franklin>?????

flop2river

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »
Oh I see now ...Tenn...cool

Joker

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 11:47:38 PM »
Great story..... ;D

Whats a triangulator?

aellis13

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »
It is a triangle shaped alignment tool with a string that helps you line up your putter the same each day.

For someone like myself whose alignment was off over a cup on a 10ft putt this comes in handy as a visual reference.

flop2river

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 11:04:21 PM »
Have you seen the laser that clamps to the face of your putter and you put the angled plastic board out at your desired distance and line up then turn on the laser ...it is great for alignment...I was 3 inches off on 12 footers and 7 inches off on 25 footers...it was amazing ...I was lining up right every time CLOSED and didn't realize it...

Doug

jetlau3

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 04:36:45 PM »
I had a question about the triangulator..  I have problems lining up also and I feel like I'm always half a cup left or so it seems ... 

Is there any way to use it to check alignment or is it something you setup, then line up to it, and get a feel for how to correctly line up..

Also if anyone has one they would like to sell me I'd love to try it..
TP Mills Custom Professional Series One
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

blueteez

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »
I use a Triangulator and a SeeMore putter as a training aid. 

To use the Triangulator, you find a straight putt in the 10 to 15 ft. range.  Then you take your stance with your putter and aim at the target.  Keep your putter right there.  Place the Triangulator in front of your putter centering it to the face of the club.  You then use a couple tees to secure the Triangulator to the green so that it doesn't move.  A string attached to the Triangulator runs down the center of the device and you simply stretch that to the target to see exactly where you were aligned.  It's very quick, simple and effective as it showed me that I was a cup off after 10'.

The SeeMore putter is a great training aid, but only if you use an arc putting stroke as opposed to straight-back and straight-through.