Author Topic: New life for a trainer...  (Read 3927 times)

sandbagger

New life for a trainer...
« on: July 20, 2010, 11:07:55 PM »
 Bought some project heads from a fellow PTer a while back. Included was one of the whippy shafted trainer heads. The head itself was in great shape (just a few minor nicks). I had a carbon hosel welded to the stainless head, then did the usual sanding, grinding, polishing...etc... Toe and heel are high polish, the rest of the head is satin. Once done, it was double torched to bring out some subtle colors. The added weight of the post brought the head to 327 grams. The bro-in-law loved it, except the weight. His regular gamer was a Reuter bullseye. Have not weighed that head, but I suspect somewhere around 265-275 grams. We ended up putting 32 grams of tour lock weight in the shaft....now he's putting lights out.

joshuap

Re: New life for a trainer...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 12:00:36 AM »
Nice.  That was kindof my idea with it  Glad you got some use out of it

sandbagger

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:10 AM »
 Thanks Josh. I would not be able to game it, but like I already stated...my brother in law loves it   :-\

Reatta

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 02:27:15 AM »
thats sweet why isn't their the rest of the c-grooves on it?
Reatta by Buick

-Dave, Denver

-face-

sandbagger

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »
thats sweet why isn't their the rest of the c-grooves on it?

Thanks Dave! I really don't know why it does not have the rest of the grooves on it. I was hopeing someone may weigh in that does! I have tried a search and cannot find any info. online. The shaft that came on it is very similar to the ones in the tempomaster trainers. It was snapped off, so I figured I'd have a neck welded on, and turn it into a gamer

joshuap

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »
I was the prevoius owner.  It as a very whippy shaft likea  fishing rod.  I broke it pulling it out of the car.  The putter was just for tempo.  Its a training club so i guess they didnt bother with the grooves