Author Topic: My Devon  (Read 865 times)

george31

My Devon
« on: February 09, 2017, 07:08:57 PM »
Arrived today

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: My Devon
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:25:51 PM »
I have one of those... there are several in my collection that aren't discussed much here. Did you get a head cover? I may have an extra if not...

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:48:21 AM »
That is a lovely putter George.  :)

Kindregards,
Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

george31

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 01:39:59 PM »
That is a lovely putter George.  :)

Kindregards,
Rob
Thanks Rob , shes lovely, managed one pic, unfortunately struggling with resizing photos to post more pics.

I have one of those... there are several in my collection that aren't discussed much here. Did you get a head cover? I may have an extra if not...

Yes got the yellow one with the red W , thanks tho anyway Jimbob.

My initial thoughts on the Devon compared to the Newport Studio Select
Head - I like the Devons sharper lines and sits behind the ball better for he then Newport,which is a more curved head,the addition of the sight line was pleasing to,the Newport didn't have this.
Shaft - Original Whitlam
Balance - both the Devon and Newport are nicely for a nice smooth stroke
Grip - Is a new smooth red Scotty Golf Pride,but lucky have managed to get myself a Whitlam grip,that will go on the putter at some stage.
Feel - Rolled a few putts in doors using Brigestone b330 rxs and Callaway Superhot balls , The Whitlam gives a slightly crisper sound and touch for solid feel which again I like.Having used my Newport for a while now which gives a nice soft feel off the head,but it doesn't give you as much of a solid hit feeling as the Whitlam does.

Bought Used in lovely condition complete with headcover for $118 delivered is probably the best cash ill never spend on a golf club :)

Jimbo  8)
[/qu
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:42:04 PM by george31 »

george31

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »
More pics