Author Topic: Who can relate?  (Read 203 times)

timastyle

Who can relate?
« on: November 18, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »
Byron Morgan:
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 Brushed Stainless with Plow neck (formerly a short pipe high polish blue oil as in my avatar)

Xenon:
Handmade Xenon Damascus Stainless (gamer)

Nead:
On order Albz

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
Re: Who can relate?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:13:45 AM »
I play with a guy who is sooooo slow. I call him 'ANZAC' - because there has to be a minutes silence when he is over the ball!!!

He is my mate and I love him to bits but - he is a 21 marker and plumb bobs chips from 20 yards off the green and plum bobs putts on greens we have been playing on every week for 22 years.

Honest, sometimes when he is down studying his line, I just want to yell "which blade of f***ing grass would you like me tell you how it goes??!!" ha ha.

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: Who can relate?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 10:46:30 AM »
I stopped playing with a group of guys specifically over their slow play. Sad thing is, the entire group of about 75 members of this group isn't guilty of slow play, but about 30% of the group holds the rest of them/us hostage.

For example, we had a foursome that went out early this summer that I was a member of. Only one of the group played well as conditions were pretty wet and there were several places of cart path only in effect. The best score out of the group was an 86 and the rest of us were in the high 90's or low 100's.

We played a relatively long course from the middle tees in just under 3 and a half hours. How, with slow play all around you, you might ask. We were the first group off and by the time we finished we were 3 holes ahead of the next group.

These are great guys, all of them between 55 and 80, and it isn't age that determines the pace... all it takes is one slow player in each group to turn in 6 hours rounds for all. This is a great group of guys, we have a yearly membership fee and then play multiple courses on their 'off days' for very reasonable fees, none higher than $49.

In spite of this really great set up to play multiple nice courses, the slow play weeded me out... I can't deal with it, watch it, or slow my own pace down to it. I let them know in June that I had to move on.

Jimbo
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag