Author Topic: stamping question  (Read 304 times)

CourtGolf

stamping question
« on: June 09, 2017, 06:53:39 PM »
Just curious about something. 

A friend special ordered a Cameron putter, paid the standard high dollar rate to do so. 

When she told them what she wanted stamped on the face, they told her no with some excuse that they would only stamp 4 letters. 

The word she wanted has 5 letters.  She finally got what she wanted, but not without a fight and her considerable powers of persuasion.

Seriously ?  No more than 4 letters ?  WHY !??
"Don't do anything well that you don't want to do again." - Bob from "Becker"

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
Re: stamping question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:15:33 PM »
 As you know, I have a fair collection of early Camerons but am certainly not one of their apologists. Bad customer service, pure and simple. The fact that it was possible and in fact done eventually proves that they were just being difficult. There are many complaints about their level of service, unfortunately these days, they seem to believe their own PR and have forgotten what the words Customer SERVICE mean. In business I have always made it a policy to under promise and over deliver but it appears recently that The Custom Shop do the opposite.

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:22:49 AM »
As you know, I have a fair collection of early Camerons but am certainly not one of their apologists. Bad customer service, pure and simple. The fact that it was possible and in fact done eventually proves that they were just being difficult. There are many complaints about their level of service, unfortunately these days, they seem to believe their own PR and have forgotten what the words Customer SERVICE mean. In business I have always made it a policy to under promise and over deliver but it appears recently that The Custom Shop do the opposite.

Rob

One of the reasons I believe that  I was booted from a web site dedicated to Cameron putters was when a member posted a rather sloppy paint fill job from the studio.
One of the members remarks was something along the lines "The studio has been very busy lately", another was "Its not that bad, give them a break" my answer which gave me my first time out was
"If you went to a steak house and you ordered a 18 ounce T-bone steak medium rare and instead you got a 8 ounce well done ground beef pattie, would you say "it's O.K. The cook is very busy" Send it back or demand your money back!"
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

Rob McHugh

• Rob McHugh
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 06:53:27 AM »
Obviously with my collection, I have been a member over there for a while, and while I have  quite a few great friends on there; the site just does not have the camaraderie I find on here.

I can assure you TJ that your comments wouldn't even raise an eyebrow recently - the mistakes from the Custom Shop and subsequent public complaints are endemic. Even the most die hard apologists are finding their performance indefensible.

The Cameron servers fell over again this week, as they did for the Master's releases basically ensuring that their members are paying their yearly fee and getting nothing for it.

Does not concern me as I do not buy from them - their shipping fees are ludicrous and I am not putting the boot in BUT they really don't seem to get 'Business 101' right. Lately, there are just as many negative stories coming out as positive which is just indicative of poor infrastructure, apathetic staff or both.

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

T.J.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 12:20:12 AM »
Serious ?!?!

WOW! things have changed! My other blasphemy was to make a comment/comparison between the 009 and PING Scottsdale Anser.
The HUGE news was always the releases, IMHO they along with the Cameron Club Paraphernalia became less and less imaginative.
Funny now that am older and more financially independent , the attraction is less and less, did keep my Beached Center Shafted Prototype which I bought for $180 at Nevada Bob's and a TEI3 only because of sentimental reasons.

Your business model is one which is a rarity these days.

Rob McHugh

• Rob McHugh
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 02:33:09 AM »
Have a look at the latest US Open Headcover release - a 3D Cow Head. I kid you not; it may appeal to some, but I certainly am not one of them! You probably saw in my collection thread, my headcovers, like my Cameron putters are all what I call the 'the purty ones' and you are correct, they aren't making them like that anymore - putters or headcovers.

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

toophewbirdies

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 03:03:34 AM »
Rob,

Can't agree with you more!

Rob McHugh

• Rob McHugh
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 03:57:40 AM »
Rob,

Can't agree with you more!
Thanks Marco - I know you have great taste mate!!!  ;D

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

geogolf

• Section Moderator
  • www.theclubcollector.com
    • TheClubCollector
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:36:48 PM »
Have a look at the latest US Open Headcover release - a 3D Cow Head. I kid you not; it may appeal to some, but I certainly am not one of them! You probably saw in my collection thread, my headcovers, like my Cameron putters are all what I call the 'the purty ones' and you are correct, they aren't making them like that anymore - putters or headcovers.

Rob

I can't believe someone hasn't mentioned the Putter leash  :)

mr.upndown

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »

Rob

I will, thats the stupidest thing ever. How can he even make that video with a straight face

Rob McHugh

• Rob McHugh
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 03:40:15 AM »
Oh you boys!!!

I was trying to erase all knowledge of the 'putter leash' from my memory!  >:(

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

T.J.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 03:54:04 AM »

Rob

What is this "putter leash" you speak of? Serious! Never heard of it! Hope it does not bring back traumatic memories !

Wonder what or how much it would take to get the phantom video?

CameronMO

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 09:08:52 AM »
I'd never heard of the leash before, so I had to google it. Seems like a weird idea, and in my many years of golfing with headcovers, I never would have needed a leash for them. They didn't have the tendency to walk off from me.

Oh, well. C'est la vie.

mrrelish

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 04:51:39 PM »
Rob well said...

geogolf

• Section Moderator
  • www.theclubcollector.com
    • TheClubCollector
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 09:04:56 AM »

Rob

What is this "putter leash" you speak of? Serious! Never heard of it! Hope it does not bring back traumatic memories !

Here's a link to the video.  It  almost beats out the Phantom I think. Or its a close race.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVCy2MzDacU/

toophewbirdies

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »

Rob

Here's a link to the video.  It  almost beats out the Phantom I think. Or its a close race.

Hahahahahahahahaha

T.J.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 10:54:20 PM »

Rob

$40-$60 bucks on eBay,,,,,

Just one question,,,,,, no circle T's ?!

Rob McHugh

• Rob McHugh
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 07:27:13 AM »
Oh the humanity!  ;D
Kind regards,
Rob