Author Topic: Stroke reboot.  (Read 427 times)

bargolf

• barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
Stroke reboot.
« on: April 05, 2017, 11:48:47 AM »
#Putting Stroke need a reboot? Get a heel shafted blade same length and lie as your gamer. Put a round grip on it. Results will surprise you.
Byron Morgan Bombora In-Between Long Pipe
Byron Morgan DaKine Long Pipe
Staff Professional Burnt Edges Consulting
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP
SLDR TP Hybrids 17 and 21
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9 KBS Tour S
Clay Long Desig TM 50 and 56

JelUltra

• Section Moderator
  • Mmmm... Buttery Blades!
Re: Stroke reboot.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 08:24:31 AM »
Sounds like a fun experiment - how did you come to recommend this?  I recall putting with a 1 iron was a great reboot for the putting stroke as well and it seems to be a similar concept.  Minus the matching the length, and lie of course.
Read it, roll it, hole it.

bargolf

• barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
Re: Stroke reboot.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »
Feel for the location of the face. Most player who lose their strokes use less than a full toe hang putter. Full hang gives you the most feel for the location of the toe of the club while in motion. We judge the position of the club by the location of the shaft and a feel for the toe relative to the shaft.

So using a full hang gives you a feel for the rotation in the stroke. You are free to argue if you would like, but most strokes go bad when they fight rotation rather than learning to use it. I know this goes against the marketing and some instructors. All I can tell you is that I rarely see a player over rotate the stroke or swing open to their arc and if they do it is easily fixed. If you watch Ricky Fowler you see a natural rotation of the putter around the body. This is the feel I am looking to show my students. A lack of backswing rotation is why you see so many claw grips. It is hard to twist the putter shut when you use this grip. I know this to be true for Justin Rose, Adam Scott and Sergio Garcia.
Byron Morgan Bombora In-Between Long Pipe
Byron Morgan DaKine Long Pipe
Staff Professional Burnt Edges Consulting
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP
SLDR TP Hybrids 17 and 21
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9 KBS Tour S
Clay Long Desig TM 50 and 56