Author Topic: Feedback on James Ingles putter please  (Read 908 times)

LionGolfer

Feedback on James Ingles putter please
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:51:26 AM »
Anyone still playing JI putters?

Appreciate some user feedback in terms of feel for his chequered face mill.  How's the roll and is it overly firm?  Comparison to others custom putter feel wise will be great.

Also, any one have the barrel black finish?  How is the durability?

Thanks in advance.
Benock Pantaleone
BPutters Scuderio Minio
Golds Factory Private Stock 2
Kitada Slighter Tuned
Machine Big "Balz" Bore, M1A Damascus Ocean Wave "Vivere", M2A Carbon "Casanova", M10 Damascus Tidal Wave
Nead AS10 Copper, Damascus Mini
Scotty Monterey
Slighter Seattle
Xenon 84X Stealth, Copper

Cols_Ears

Re: Feedback on James Ingles putter please
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:20:51 AM »
Can't comment on the milled finish, mine has a flat smooth face - but the feeling is superb on the 12g I have. I don't think it's quite as soft as LaMonts barbed wire milling though.

I do have the barrel black finish though and I would say it's held up pretty well. Mine was re-finished early 2014 and has seen two full years play in the bag (well I take it out for the small number of rounds I play in the winter as I don't like to miss too many putts on bumpy greens). There is some wear to either end of the sole (near the heal and toe) but the rest of the putter is still very good with no real wear. I'll try and get a daylight photo for you. I've certainly not got any regrets about getting the barrel black - much more durable than a Black Oxide and there is no sign of rust or oxidation at all anywhere on the putter. I wipe it down after each round and spray it with silicon spray about once a week in the season - and I practice my putting a fair bit too - but pretty low maintenance when compared with some other Carbon finishes.
TM M1 430 10.5° with Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.1 Stiff
TM M1 3HL 17° Fuji Pro95 (Stiff)
Adams ProMini 18° Aerotech HLS880 F4
Ping S55 White Dot  4-PW KBS Tour S
SCOR 4161 wedges 49/53/58 KBS Stiff
Tad Moore Hoffman Blade / James Ingles 12g Custom Flow Neck / MannMade MA66 FN

LionGolfer

Re: Feedback on James Ingles putter please
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 05:38:12 AM »
Can't comment on the milled finish, mine has a flat smooth face - but the feeling is superb on the 12g I have. I don't think it's quite as soft as LaMonts barbed wire milling though.

I do have the barrel black finish though and I would say it's held up pretty well. Mine was re-finished early 2014 and has seen two full years play in the bag (well I take it out for the small number of rounds I play in the winter as I don't like to miss too many putts on bumpy greens). There is some wear to either end of the sole (near the heal and toe) but the rest of the putter is still very good with no real wear. I'll try and get a daylight photo for you. I've certainly not got any regrets about getting the barrel black - much more durable than a Black Oxide and there is no sign of rust or oxidation at all anywhere on the putter. I wipe it down after each round and spray it with silicon spray about once a week in the season - and I practice my putting a fair bit too - but pretty low maintenance when compared with some other Carbon finishes.

Thanks for chiming in. I was thinking of sending you a PM to ask for your experience.  A day shot of your putter after 2 years will be great.

Thanks.  Much appreciated.
Benock Pantaleone
BPutters Scuderio Minio
Golds Factory Private Stock 2
Kitada Slighter Tuned
Machine Big "Balz" Bore, M1A Damascus Ocean Wave "Vivere", M2A Carbon "Casanova", M10 Damascus Tidal Wave
Nead AS10 Copper, Damascus Mini
Scotty Monterey
Slighter Seattle
Xenon 84X Stealth, Copper