Author Topic: My First Slighter....Custom Redmond w/Copper  (Read 3029 times)

Golow420

My First Slighter....Custom Redmond w/Copper
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:38:48 PM »
I decided to finally pull the trigger on my first custom Slighter and thought I would share some pics with you all.  I have had my mind on this one for years.  Tom has been very attentive and easy to work with throughout the entire process. He's also dealt with all of my requests without complaint (there has been a ton!).  He had to do a lot of hand work on this one to make sure the specs were all on point.  All that's left is his black thunder finish and gold paintfill. I will update with finished pics.

Quick specs:
35"
Carbon steel
Deep milled copper insert
Countersunk cavity screws
Simple stamping
340 grams
-Jed

Golow420

Re: My First Slighter....Custom Redmond w/Copper
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »
Just recieved the finished putter pics and I couldn't be more pleased. Although now I have the problem of planning my next custom!  I love being able to see the definitive lines where Tom hand worked this baby. Now I realize how so many members let this habit get a little out of hand.
-Jed

Cols_Ears

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »
Very Nice Jed. I've had a couple of slighters and Tom is great to work with.
TM M1 430 10.5° with Project X HZRDUS Black 62g 6.0
TM M1 3HL 17° Accra SE80 M4 (Stiff)
Adams ProMini 18° Aerotech HLS880 F4
Ping S55 White Dot  4-PW KBS Tour S
SCOR 4161 wedges 49/53/58 KBS Stiff
Tad Moore Hoffman Blade / James Ingles 12g Custom Flow Neck / MannMade MA66 FN

Jarreth

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:59 PM »
Wow, this is very sharp!
Lajosi DD201 Down Under Damascus

Xenon Jr. Kurve
Xenon AlmN Element Bag Tag

fharbist

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 08:13:20 PM »
Very nice.  I have one in process with Tom and am looking forward to it.  And yes, he has been a dream to work with.

What are you doing for a head cover on this??  The one's on Tom's website don't seem as nice as what he's had in the past...

Golow420

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 12:10:17 AM »
Thanks guys for all the positive feedback on this one. Heading to some warmer weather for the holidays and can't wait to give her a roll.
-Jed

Golow420

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 12:18:07 AM »
Thanks. I have also read similar reviews on the new covers.  It's in the mail as we speak so I can't give you an in hand opinion of the cover as of yet.  I'm not too worried though because I typically use a leather Iliac cover for my putter.
Very nice.  I have one in process with Tom and am looking forward to it.  And yes, he has been a dream to work with.

What are you doing for a head cover on this??  The one's on Tom's website don't seem as nice as what he's had in the past...
-Jed

Golow420

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 10:43:57 AM »
Well I got a chance to roll this thing in person and it is sweet.  Started birdie-birdie so can't complain....I love the honeymoon phase :). Perfectly crafted and balanced. The "feel" "sound" is very soft and the lines flow very well.  I couldn't' be more pleased with the putter.
Also, I understand that Tom is likely to be offering some new leather covers in the near future on his website. The current offerings are just "ok" but aren't even close to the same standard as his putters. IMO.
-Jed

miboy

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 10:46:14 AM »
Congratulations, sweet looking stick.
Milo

Golow420

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 03:23:24 PM »
Congratulations, sweet looking stick.
Thanks!
-Jed

Golow420

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 12:39:53 AM »
Update on the covers....Tom just sent me what I believe will be his new putter cover offering.  Very much an upgrade.  Thick but soft leather with his stamps embossed throughout.  I won't post pics since he hasn't posted them on his site as of yet. He did this as a complimentery gesture to make sure I was 100% satisfied. 
-Jed

fharbist

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 01:15:02 AM »
That's great to hear.  I hope mine (due in February) will come with a new one....  Thanks for the update.

Golow420

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 10:49:40 PM »
That's great to hear.  I hope mine (due in February) will come with a new one....  Thanks for the update.
No problem. What model did you order?
-Jed

fharbist

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 11:00:59 PM »
Tacoma model with a flow neck like the Bellevue.  Old school look with minimalist stampings.  Classic (IMO).  Are you enjoying the way yours rolls it??

Golow420

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 01:12:43 AM »
Good choice. I like that look a lot, very nice and simple. I really do like how my putter feels off the face. You never know when there is insert work done but Tom did a flawless job with a seemless fit.   

I am sure you will love yours. Be sure to post pics when you receive it. It will be worth the wait.
-Jed