Author Topic: What's going on with Slighter's headcovers  (Read 5169 times)

JTeke

What's going on with Slighter's headcovers
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »
Wanted some insight into this development from some other members on here (I have heard some rumors from a few people but wanted opinions of others)

What's with Slighter's headcovers recently?  He went from the very high quality AM&E headcovers to other manufacturers who have provided him with headcovers that appear to be cheaply manufactured with magnets and zippers.

http://www.slightergolf.com/products/shop.php?c=headcovers   
One Putt...at a time

gottaputt

Re: What's going on with Slighter's headcovers
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »
The magent cover I got does not even realyy hold in place.  I wont use it for fear of it coming off and my putter getting scratched.  They are not cheap either.

JTeke

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »
I know...I heard a "rumor" about the switch from AM&E...was wondering if any other PTer's might have heard the same one. 
One Putt...at a time

tmoney

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 07:37:47 PM »
from the looks of it none from the site look very good

JTeke

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »
I heard a rumor that Scotty 'requested' that AM&E drop Slighter because Slighter keeps doing mill dots and restamping Scotty's name and making "tour" issue refinished Camerons...it'd make sense because thats the only reason I would think someone would switch from AM&E to whoever makes that garbage
One Putt...at a time

jr

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 10:43:49 AM »
In my experience Scotty does not make requests he makes threats and give ultimatums and I would suspect that if AM&E decided not to work with Slighter any loner that AM&E was given another ultimatum or thread from Scotty.

jballmn

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »
I believe it was cost related. The zipper design was probably cheaper than AM&E. Plus, I don't know how many headcovers Tom is actually selling. I would guess not too many

gdy63

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
The World's Master at taking over a market does it again.....  If it is true about Scotty than my feelings toward his stuff stands true.

-Former Scotty enthusiast

gtown0024

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »
just got a new slighter and recieved the zipper headcover with it. i wasnt impressed at all with the headcover but the putter made up plenty for it. luckily i had a friend that wasnt using his slighter am&e headcover so he gave it to me.

Grinder

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:33 PM »
In my experience Scotty does not make requests he makes threats and give ultimatums and I would suspect that if AM&E decided not to work with Slighter any loner that AM&E was given another ultimatum or thread from Scotty.
I cant verify this but another rumor is that is the same reason Bettinardi moved away from AME
Proto - type - BEM

fharbist

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
I guess there are some new covers out there now (January 2015).  I have a putter on order and will see what they are like...

Bule1101

• Section Moderator
  • Ivan@xenongolf.com
    • Xenon Golf
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »
The covers with the zipper are from Rose & Fire. When it comes to velcro covers those seem to be the best ones on the market.

He also offers covers from BestGrips and some special ones in two materials with silk, which Scott from SRC does for him. The SRC covers are top top notch, all handmade.

Both src and r&f seem to be of a better quality than AM&E.
Xenon Handmades: TyeDye with hubcaps, "lil sKUnk" CuNi small-block, SS Handmade 84 with Ti Dama and Cu inserts
Also: Lajosi Damascus Bayzie, Byron SS Bombora, SSB SurfSide Mannkrafted Wave, Tad Moore Pro 1 Northern Lights, Machine Big Bore

www.xenongolf.com

Golow420

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:18 PM »
I have his black best grips leather headcover.  It has embossed slighter stamps and is very nice.  Top notch quality and design.
-Jed