Author Topic: James Ingles Putters prototype for our new putter model  (Read 4413 times)

JTI

James Ingles Putters prototype for our new putter model
« on: July 10, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »
Hi all, apologies about the delay in posting progress reports for our finished first models, the last few months have been taken up working on a particularly special putter! I cant show any progress or finished pictures of it yet, but as soon as its with the customer i will post a small storyboard about it. It is definitely worth the wait, it looks incredible and im hoping it shows the skill of the craftsman we have working for us. All in all we are nearing the companies official launch!

Anyway, while that is being finished we got some time to make up a prototype anser style putter that will, all being well with the testing, become our second model and will be sent to the forging house to have them make the dies and tooling.

This prototype is made from 303 Krupps German Stainless Steel and has been made with square bumpers ala the anser 2, newport 2 etc, weve made our top line a lot thinner than most other putter makers, because, well i liked it so for this proto thats how it is. When the forgings are made they will obviously have material left on in all areas allowing us to vary weight from 330- 370+ and also round bumpers, change the top line etc depending in customers desires.

As soon as the neck is on and the putter is finished up for testing ill post some more pics and review its performance.

Hope you all enjoy the pics!

Oh, and as with all our putters it is completely hand made, it has been milled using a hand operated milling machine, also filed and chiselled by hand

JTI

Re: James Ingles Putters prototype for our new putter model
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
Here is the proto finished up, now time to give it a roll!

sandbagger

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
 Very nice proto Jamie, thanks for the pix!!!

putter

• Will Be Mine Soon.....
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 05:34:26 AM »
Wow, good looking putter.  Did you have to weld the neck on?  Looks very clean.  Great work.

JTI

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 05:52:40 AM »
Wow, good looking putter.  Did you have to weld the neck on?  Looks very clean.  Great work.

Thanks! Yeah the neck was welded onto the main body of the putter, though you would have to look REALLY close to be able to see where the join was, the clean up on it was great.

cwbrion

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »
Nice work on the Proto.  Head looks great with that clean finish.  It is kinda funny to see one totally naked like that.  I like the plain jane every once in awhile.