Author Topic: Cottonwood Demo Program  (Read 6603 times)

MikeJohnson

Cottonwood Demo Program
« on: June 01, 2009, 02:37:13 PM »
Hey Guys,
I am going to put together a demo for the new Cottonwood.  Each person will have 5 days with the putter before they have to ship it to the next person.  The cost is $10 per person(paypal).  Maximum of 10 people per putter.  Rules are as follows:

-Have to have a minimum of 50 posts on Puttertalk unless I approve you for demo.

-Take good care of the putter. (Keep the headcover on the putter when its in your bag).

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please let me know.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike Johnson
www.pirettigolf.com
mike@pirettigolf.com

Redman

Re: Cottonwood Demo Program
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »
Hey Mike, I would love to be a part of this.  I don't have the 50 posts here but I am relatively new.  I have been on GolfWRX for a while and have tons of posts there.  Thanks.

MikeJohnson

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:20:56 AM »
Redman,
I will include you in demo program.  PM me your information(address, paypal info) and when we have the list I'll send you a message.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike Johnson
www.pirettigolf.com
mike@pirettigolf.com

garth

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »
Mike, do you still have availability for this demo program? If so, I would like to participate...

Thanks!

MikeJohnson

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
Garth,
Yes I do.  Email me your address, and paypal info and I'll put you on the list.
I have 7 more slots open guys!
Mike
Mike Johnson
www.pirettigolf.com
mike@pirettigolf.com

markjinc

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »
Looking to participate in this. Still open.

MikeJohnson

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »
Guys,
This program is still open.  If you'd like to be added to the demo list, send me a PM or email at mike@pirettigolf.com.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike Johnson
www.pirettigolf.com
mike@pirettigolf.com

garth

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 02:43:55 PM »
Just wanted to post a quick review of the Cottonwood Demo Putter. I've had it for a few days and figured that I'd post my comments before I send it on to the next PT'er...

First Impression: I know you are not supposed to "judge a book by its cover" or however that saying goes, but when I pulled this putter out of the box I thought it was really cool looking and also unique. A good combo. It is very handsome but also looks like it means business. My favorite part of this putter are the big bumpers... they are really cool.

Playability: The thing that I liked the most about this putter after stroking a few putts is the feel at impact. It is a heavy feel. When I say heavy I don't mean the weight, I mean it feels solid... kinda like when you have a nice old leather baseball glove and someone throws a rope in there so that when you catch it makes a nice heavy noise. Really cool!

Final Impressions: For me, the double bend shaft was hard to get squared up, I kept feeling like I was leaving it open and missing to the right, so I don't think this particular putter was for me, but definitely loved the feel, so I think one of Mike's other models will be in my near future! One thing I would LOVE to see would be a "notch-back" type of putter with those big beautiful bumpers. Also, it was my first time using a stichback grip, which I really liked. If you are an Anser X or Catalina or similar type putter user, this putter should be in your bag pronto!

Thanks again to Mike for a great demo program...

MikeJohnson

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 02:16:07 PM »
Garth,
I'm glad you enjoyed the putter.  Stay tuned for some new models to be released in July.  We are really looking forward to them.
Mike
Mike Johnson
www.pirettigolf.com
mike@pirettigolf.com

bogie

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 08:14:17 PM »
I would love to try it but I putt better with a plumbers neck or flow. So I don't want to waste your time. It is a very nice deal and great you are doing this.  :)
“Success in this game depends less on strength of body than strength of mind and character.” – Arnold Palmer
Bettinardi BB2 350 3-Slot
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype

zero3s

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 01:02:51 PM »
Well bogie, not to worry - the last post prior to yours was in 2009 so you are about 8 years late, lol.

bogie

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »
Sorry, came from a golf forum that changed daily with a few hundred thousand members. I'm just getting used to the slow pace here. How did the experiment end up since we are on the subject? A closing or follow up post would have kept me from posting.
“Success in this game depends less on strength of body than strength of mind and character.” – Arnold Palmer
Bettinardi BB2 350 3-Slot
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype

zero3s

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 07:42:35 PM »
I Really don't have any info. Tho it looks like Cottonwod overall was a great success since Piretti is now on Cottonwood 2 Rev 2.0

And i hear ya on the pace around here been pretty quiet.