Author Topic: Finish Durability  (Read 210 times)

The Beav

Finish Durability
« on: September 05, 2017, 07:54:45 PM »
Hey guys,
I'm a long time reader but just started posting this past week.

I'm sketching some ideas for a SS DH89 that I want to order and I think I've decided on the brushed bronze finish for the head.  Before committing 100% to this idea I thought I'd ask the experts here about the durability of this finish?

I play through the winter rain or shine so my putters see all manner of moisture, sand, and sometimes even (gulp) fertilizer.  I don't expect any finish to stay perfect obviously, but I don't want it to look like it's been through the wringer after one season either.

Your expertise and experience is appreciated, thanks for any help!

TrueRoll140

Re: Finish Durability
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 09:24:46 PM »
In my experience with torched finishes on stainless, the more elements you expose it to, you're rolling the dice. I've had some change very little and I've had some discolor and develop a lot of spotting/blotchiness.

The Beav

Re: Finish Durability
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 09:31:26 PM »
In my experience with torched finishes on stainless, the more elements you expose it to, you're rolling the dice. I've had some change very little and I've had some discolor and develop a lot of spotting/blotchiness.

Ahh ok I wasn't aware that the Brushed Bronze was a torch-based finish.  I have struggled with Torched finishes and their durability in the past and I'm not sure that's the road I want to go down again.